ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Evansville

Becker also goes down swinging to end the 8th.

Going to the top of the 9th with UK leading 8-4.

The batting average coming out of this first weekend might be the only concern. Looks like we end up only .264 for the day.

edit:
I misread their box score and figured we were 8 out of 34. Not to close it was 10 out of 30.

Last edited:
Good thing we won our home opener. Why does the SEC web site have us as 1-0 at home 3-0 on the road?

Great job Cats, our young pitchers really shined this weekend. Coleman, Lockhart, Harper, Hazelwood were lights out.
Mission accomplished, as we start the 2018 season with 4 straight wins, 3 were true road wins, always helps that RPI.

Not to continue the Dick Gabriel bashing, but he needs to come out of the box. He is so boring. No energy at all. But hey, the cats are 4-0.

Great job Cats, our young pitchers really shined this weekend. Coleman, Lockhart, Harper, Hazelwood were lights out.
Mission accomplished, as we start the 2018 season with 4 straight wins, 3 were true road wins, always helps that RPI.
Last season we started 0-4, but that was with 3 games at uncheat

Wednesday's home opening opponent is within 1 inning of being swept down at FSU. No disgrace there, but they have been an NCAA tourney team the past 2 years.
They lost their coach to cross town rival Cincinnati, but they will be a good team coming into the Cliff.

The batting average coming out of this first weekend might be the only concern. Looks like we end up only .264 for the day.

edit:
I misread their box score and figured we were 8 out of 34. Not to close it was 10 out of 30.

Bats are typically a little behind at this time of year, though. I wouldn't be too concerned about that right now.

The bullpen has me excited. Only five runs (and could have been less) in 15.1 innings of work this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT