ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky roster & rank

Dontworryboutit23

All-American
Jan 4, 2022
with our roster right now and let’s assume they add somto here. Where does our roster rank for next year. I say in the 10-15 range. Rothstein had us at 21 and Parrish at 17, which I don’t think that is crazy either

Last edited:
I’m not sure without looking at the other teams around the nation. There has been so much turnover on just about everyone’s roster, that it is hard to judge.

I think now more than ever preseason rankings are irrelevant due to the amount of turnover with the transfer portal.

It will be probably December or January before we have any idea who the real contenders are and that might be a stretch.

Look at last year, no one would have predicted UConn would win it all in December or January. Maybe a few people noticed that they were playing well, but I don’t think anyone said, “UConn is the team to beat” in December. And no one had them tabbed to even go to the Final Four this time last year. At least not that I remember.

Point is, we really have no idea.

I do know I feel much better about this team now than I did about a week ago. Getting Reeves back and adding Mitchell should really help the cause.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Hard to say. We haven't seen many of our guys play much less together against legit CCB teams.

That said, just for fun, I predict:
  1. the Toronto trip will be fools gold,
  2. fans will get amnesia and think we will be a title contender,
  3. we'll lose several games before Christmas that will bring out the pitchforks and torches,
  4. we'll get steadily better throughout the winter to rekindle some optimism,
  5. and then lose in the second or third round of the NCAA tourney.
  6. We'll then lose everyone except Reed, Thiero, and Hart and find ourselves scrambling for transfers.
Okay, maybe that's more of a hypothesis than a fun guess.

Last edited:
Hard to say. We haven't seen many of our guys play much less together against legit CCB teams.

1. the Bahamas trip will be fools gold,
  3. we'll lose several games before Christmas that will bring out the pitchforks and torches,
  6. We'll then lose everyone except Reed, Thiero, and Hart and find ourselves scrambling for transfers.
When do we go to the Bahamas?

This actually seems like the most logical outcome.

I would always rather be pleasantly surprised than being severely disappointed. Hopefully they surprise.

Reactions: TheBlueMist

We aren't going to dominate in Canada. Be lucky to win a game IMO. Competition is way tougher than Bahamas.

And as for the team who knows. Overall talent and depth probably top 5 but need time to gel and have to be healthy. Probably ranked 10 to 15 preseason.

We aren't going to dominate in Canada. Be lucky to win a game IMO. Competition is way tougher than Bahamas.

And as for the team who knows. Overall talent and depth probably top 5 but need time to gel and have to be healthy. Probably ranked 10 to 15 preseason.
What's funny is if this was in Cal's first 6 years this team would be preseason top 3. I'm not sure what the BJ Boston team started at but I'm sure top 10. The reality is this team has top 3 NBA talent, but nobody knows how that will translate.

Honestly, with the portal affect, I think anymore preseason there is almost no difference in rosters from 1 to 25.
So then the difference becomes 1) the coach affect, which we all agree Cal is not one of the best, but he’s not one of the worst either, maybe 20th to 40th percentile; and 2) do you have any players who significantly exceed preseason projections (like Miller did for Bama last year).

Honestly, with the portal affect, I think anymore preseason there is almost no difference in rosters from 1 to 25.
So then the difference becomes 1) the coach affect, which we all agree Cal is not one of the best, but he’s not one of the worst either, maybe 20th to 40th percentile; and 2) do you have any players who significantly exceed preseason projections (like Miller did for Bama last year).
I think the kid who could be significantly better is Dillingham, I just see a lot riding on him.

It’s not bad to have them there but I say in the 10-15 range
The sec is stacked we may be the 4th best team maybe 5th when it shakes out. I’m not enamored with our roster. We have some weak bigs. We have weak perimeter players as well. We will take a physical beating vs average older teams. Cbb is a man’s game now. We don’t have it

The sec is stacked we may be the 4th best team maybe 5th when it shakes out. I’m not enamored with our roster. We have some weak bigs. We have weak perimeter players as well. We will take a physical beating vs average older teams. Cbb is a man’s game now. We don’t have it
Every team in the sec has holes on it, I don’t think there are 19 roster better than Kentuckys right now but we will see

Reactions: bookerfan66
Arkansas added four mid guards and is expecting that to carry them. Mennifield, Ellis, Mark, and battle are all ok not great guards

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT