ADVERTISEMENT

The longer we go…

mbc82584

Junior
Jun 11, 2006
…with no commits, no returnees (Reed especially), the more the shine of that press conference is going to wear off.

We literally don’t have a team right now and if you look at Kenny brooks quick work on the women’s team, you realize this is a game that is dictated by pace.

Add in the fact that the BYU players are mostly not following (not that they’re the cream of the crop either) and the ones we thought could come back most likely aren’t, and it looks like it’s gonna be a very rough year next year.

I was low on the hire, then high on it, and now I’m moderating back to how can we win if we have no players. Z to Arkansas is a huge blow.

The longer we go without filling out this roster the more of a disaster this will become. Pope will have zero goodwill with the fan base if he goes 15-15.

…with no commits, no returnees (Reed especially), the more the shine of that press conference is going to wear off.

We literally don’t have a team right now and if you look at Kenny brooks quick work on the women’s team, you realize this is a game that is dictated by pace.

Add in the fact that the BYU players are mostly not following (not that they’re the cream of the crop either) and the ones we thought could come back most likely aren’t, and it looks like it’s gonna be a very rough year next year.

I was low on the hire, then high on it, and now I’m moderating back to how can we win if we have no players. Z to Arkansas is a huge blow.

The longer we go without filling out this roster the more of a disaster this will become. Pope will have zero goodwill with the fan base if he goes 15-15.
duck-run.gif

Like when Pitino went 14-14 in year one?

Brooks has been coach for 2-1/2 weeks. Pope had his introductory presser yesterday.

I’m all in and think we’ll be fine, but I admit I’m starting to get a little nervous. Wish I could fast forward 72-96 hours or so because I think we’ll have a better idea at that point

Why is Z a huge blow? Cal wouldn't even let him play last season.

I think you're joking.

Reactions: flacat22
We will have a full roster just have some patience.
Let's not forget, alot of players have declared for the draft and portal. If they withdrawal from the draft, they have the portal option to fall back on.
Just have some patience

Reactions: CatsDomain
I did not expect a home run right away. Many were ready to fire Cal and take a step back. But Pope's enthusiasm has been infectious and maybe next season will be better than expected. I'd play for him.

First of all we do this every year with cal so but more importantly …. He’s been on the job two days …

You need to calm down, Pope has been the coach for 3 days

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT