ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Brooks hired to lead women’s program

He will be the third highest paid coach in the SEC. Only Mulkey and Staley will make more. Lot of money going into that program in addition to the 82 million Memorial upgrade. Brooks was very successful before VA Tech, at James Madison? Said when he was there he went to the tournament 11 out of 14 seasons. AD at VA Tech really liked him. Said he had good relationships with his players. Also looks like he is a good recruiter.

Seems like a great hire. Built a FF team at a school that isn’t a perennial powerhouse.

Welcome coach Brooks!

On the surface, it seems like an impressive hire. We can all post quips about how we really don't care about women's basketball and such but if we had our choice, we'd still want every UK program to do well. There's absolutely no reason why Louisville can take their women's program seriously but we can't.

Well now that Cal is back officially well the women’s team will be making it further in the post season than the men’s team…. Glad Mitch was able to get his head out of his a$$ for at least something this offseason!

Not sure I have read where this guy has won very much. Seems like an average hire.

Not sure I have read where this guy has won very much. Seems like an average hire.
Dude went to the Finsl Four last year and won the ACC this year. His star player blew her knee out the last regular season game or they were poised for another deep run. They had never been past the Sweet 16 in their history prior to him.

So, if that’s not very much, I guess you’re right.

Reactions: cat_in_the_hat
Well, at least Mitch got one of the two major decisions regarding UK basketball correct. I think Brooks is the kind of guy who can lead the women's team to a national championship.

Dude went to the Finsl Four last year and won the ACC this year. His star player blew her knee out the last regular season game or they were poised for another deep run. They had never been past the Sweet 16 in their history prior to him.

So, if that’s not very much, I guess you’re right.
As I said I haven’t read it. I don’t follow woman’s ball much

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT