ADVERTISEMENT

Kash Daniels Information

I'm not sure I would call his 40 time "blazing fast for his position". That is good speed but it is also the same as Micah Johnson's and he had problems staying with receivers when he had to. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but just saying speed is not his best attribute.

Micah got so muscle bound during his time at UK that he did get slower. I think it was the Army AA game that he ran down an AA running back from the opposite side of the field so he was fast coming out of high school.

Reactions: Levibooty
After reading some posts and JR's article I may not know just how fast Kash is, he may be blazing fast. I'm just do not trust 40 times because they are embellished way more than they are not.

so much BS, there is NO WAY he runs a 4.57 40 time. legitimately, that is.

Oh really.

Then I guess there is no way that Dupree ran that exact time at the NFL combine at 30# heavier, right, when he was listed as running a 4.7 as a commit. And that he had a phenomenal 39" vertical as a commit, and actually improved it to 41" while GAINING about 45#. Maybe our S&C program was a big factor in Kash committing to UK so early.

Also interesting that the ONE LB that had a slightly better time was 30# or more lighter.

I don't know for sure, but I would think those measurements at the NFL combine are about as accurate as you can get, and Kash's time was done electronically.

I can't wait to see Kash on the field to see what it all adds up to.

Last edited:
4.57 is great for that size if he has good lateral quickness. I think he has good numbers in the shuttle.

His lateral speed is especially fast according to a recruiting scout that was quoted. The guy said Kash's lateral quickness and instincts is what makes him special as a big time LB. He predicted Kash will lead UK in tackles for 3 years.

He always was a Cat. He was never going anywhere else. Everyone from Paintsville knew this and this kid was raided right. Why people try to downplay his mountain heritage amazes me. Johnson County is more Blue than Lexington.

Thank you for your post, yes its time for us just be happy we have him.

I'm not sure I would call his 40 time "blazing fast for his position". That is good speed but it is also the same as Micah Johnson's and he had problems staying with receivers when he had to. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but just saying speed is not his best attribute.

Micah Johnson ran a 4.99 40 at the NFL combine, and who knows if that 4.57 from Kash is legit most of the 40 times on these profiles are pulled out of somebodies ass.

well the scouts on hand were blown away enough that they immediately moved him into the top 250 and then after watching more film on him and seeing him another time, they moved him to top 100. a lot of what they said was comparing him to pro lb'ers in the league right now.... size, speed, hips, instincts... they really liked him.

Important points here. Micah was a good player, but never as fast as billed. That was obvious from the moment he lined up against SEC speed. Someone did him a disservice by not changing his position to DE (either it was Micah himself, as rumored, or the staff).

Even more important than speed, Micah had really poor hips, which lead to him being beaten routinely in pass coverage.

i get the feeling that people dont understand that this is not a hand timed 40. its electronic. no guesswork or fudging. its a legit 40 time and that is why he absolutel blew up. he ran faster than any rb's and most wr's at that event.

I'm sure when he comes to school that the coaches will be working on his speed so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get a tenth faster.

Kash Daniels Inside Linebacker 6'3", 230, 4.57 40 time, The thing that stands out to me is that 40 time at that size. That is blazing fast for a 230 pound plus Inside Linebacker. .

40 time is not how you assess the upside of a middle linebacker. Middle linebackers never run in straight lines. Lateral quickness, lower body strength, and football IQ are the most important qualities for middle linebackers. With a couple years of experience, Daniel should be a good 1.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
40 time is not how you assess the upside of a middle linebacker. Middle linebackers never run in straight lines. Lateral quickness, lower body strength, and football IQ are the most important qualities for middle linebackers. With a couple years of experience, Daniel should be a good 1.

I have always thought that shuttle times should be the most important stat for most recruits. I have mentioned many times that Towles having the best shuttle time at the Elite 22 which included a 5' 10" athlete bodes well for his future, and his 4.7 forty is impressive also, the Super Bowl winning QB is listed with a 5.2 forty.

Two players stood out to me in the 11 class because of their stats, Dupree at 6' 5" and 220# but with a 39' vertical, and Huguenin with an amazing shuttle time for a man that big, 6' 4" and 240# in the 10 class but came in in 11 listed at 240#, forget the exact number but it was very impressive, about 4.15 IIRC. No listing for his forty time either year, but with UK's S&C program Dupree made some great strides lately, improved his vertical from 39" to 41" and lowered his listed forty time from 4.7 to 4.57, electronically timed since coming in in 2010. The amazing thing is he did this while gaining FORTY FIVE pounds.

Some pretty good reports on Huguenin's improvement, hopefully he is improving his body like Dupree did, he was listed at 275# on last years roster-----although trying to match Dupree's growth would be an unfair goal to set for anyone.

But Huguenin could be a big surprise his fifth year, and it is pretty obvious that Kash looks to be way ahead of both of them coming int the program.

Last edited:
4.57 electronic 40 for a 17 year old 6'3 230 pound kid is absolutely getting it.

He has been noted for his great coverage skills at camps so I don't think we're seeing a Micah Johnson type here (who should have been a DL).

Really excited about this class. If you had to rank positions by importance, top 3 positions are QB, MLB, and LT/C.
QB-Hoak. But have Towles and Barker
MLB-Daniel. QB of the defense
OL-Best OL class in UK history and most important "Unit" on the team.

I believe that Kash and Eli playing QB as well as LB will pay great dividends in their college careers. You want to talk about instincts. No one knows more about what a QB is about to do than someone that played the position.

micah was much slower d in the pro combine was timed slower than Ndamokin Sue a Defensive tackle

The coaching staff seems to be bringing in some players with some decent athletic ability at the LB positions. The LB positions are the key to the 3-4 defense being successful. Lets hope they can be developed into SEC grade football players,

Reactions: hmt5000
The coaching staff seems to be bringing in some players with some decent athletic ability at the LB positions. The LB positions are the key to the 3-4 defense being successful. Lets hope they can be developed into SEC grade football players,
Guys who can make plays and cover in space are vital in today's game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT