ADVERTISEMENT

Kash Daniels Information

C1180

All-American
Dec 21, 2001
Kash Daniels Inside Linebacker 6'3", 230, 4.57 40 time, Bench max 340, Squat max 455. A Kentucky High school football player committed to UK. IMO he is underrated as a 5.7, 3 star on this site. I believe some other sites have him rated a four star.

The thing that stands out to me is that 40 time at that size. That is blazing fast for a 230 pound plus Inside Linebacker. The kid seems to have the frame to pack on even more pounds. If he can gain about 15 to 20 more pounds and keep that speed IMO he can be something special.

He's definitely an elite player..there's a reason he's an Army All-American..some sites have him ranked as the #2 ILB and top-100 player in the nation..hopefully he can put on 15-20 and keep that speed like you say

I'm not sure I would call his 40 time "blazing fast for his position". That is good speed but it is also the same as Micah Johnson's and he had problems staying with receivers when he had to. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but just saying speed is not his best attribute.

His best attributes are his instincts and tackling ability. Any lack of speed can be made up for with his instincts...but he's not slow either.

It's football speed that matters and the natural instincts to be a play maker. Kash seems to have those, much like Randall Cobb. Randall was too slow to play D1 football, according to the experts, but he sure gives the NFL fits. I think Kash was born to be a great player. Add to that, mountain kids are just tough, and we have a potential monster at ILB.

I'm not sure I would call his 40 time "blazing fast for his position". That is good speed but it is also the same as Micah Johnson's and he had problems staying with receivers when he had to. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but just saying speed is not his best attribute.

It might not be "blazing" but the more I think about it, for a guy that's 6'3", 230, running a 4.5 forty is pretty dang fast if that's truly what he runs..I haven't seen him play in person, but if those are really his measurables, that's a pretty legit number for a guy that's 230 pounds

It might not be "blazing" but the more I think about it, for a guy that's 6'3", 230, running a 4.5 forty is pretty dang fast if that's truly what he runs..I haven't seen him play in person, but if those are really his measurables, that's a pretty legit number for a guy that's 230 pounds

Big point, read on TOS that he ran a 4.55 at 235# and it was ELECTRONICALLY timed. If true that makes a lot of difference. There are REASONS he came from nowhere to a top 100 recruit.

Micah Johnson ran a 4.99 40 at the NFL combine, and who knows if that 4.57 from Kash is legit most of the 40 times on these profiles are pulled out of somebodies ass.

Yeah it is funny how slow these guys become when they go to the NFL. I hope Kash is blazing fast and I know his ability to run at his size had a lot to do with his "blowing up", I just think it prudent to let Kash come in without exceedingly high expectations. I used Micah as an example because I think he was burdened with those same high expectations that he never quite lived up to, although he was one helluva run stopper.

College linebackers average between 4.8 and 4.4 in the forty so 4.6 would put Kash at a little better than average speed. I'm not knocking Kash I'm just trying to see things as they truly are.

It has been a futile effort, but Jeff Drummond and any others have tried for years and years to educate UK football fans on the difference between listed speed and actual, measured speed. If Kash truly runs an actual 4.57, he would be one of the fastest MLBs in the SEC. Ethan Tucky is also listed at that same speed and he was in the top 5 of the 200 meter finalists in the state of Ohio.

Reactions: thefarmcat
Micah Johnson never on his best day ever ran a 40 in the 4.5 range. I seem to remember he ran times in the 4.7 to 4.8 range.

A 4.57 40 is speed in the safety range if he truly ran a 4.57 electronically timed 40 that is blazing speed for a MLB. Heck you are going to have CBs that do not run a better 40 time than 4.57. I would be willing to bet that you will find very few Pro MLBs that run better than a 4.57 40 yard time.

Two all time great hall of famers RB Emmitt Smith and WR Jerry Rice ran in the high 4.5s and 4.6s in the 40.

A 4.57 40 is a great time for a MLB. We are not talking about a CB, WR, or RB here. This is a big dude.

Reactions: DACats86
Kash Daniels Inside Linebacker 6'3", 230, 4.57 40 time, Bench max 340, Squat max 455. A Kentucky High school football player committed to UK. IMO he is underrated as a 5.7, 3 star on this site. I believe some other sites have him rated a four star.

The thing that stands out to me is that 40 time at that size. That is blazing fast for a 230 pound plus Inside Linebacker. The kid seems to have the frame to pack on even more pounds. If he can gain about 15 to 20 more pounds and keep that speed IMO he can be something special.

Can we please not add an "s" to his last name? It's just Daniel. Thanks.

Reactions: RV2
That was my point when I remarked how slow these guys become when the go from college to the NFL.
Wait! Are you suggesting that they actually run slower at the combine than what they did when playing in college? Surely not...

I'm not sure I would call his 40 time "blazing fast for his position". ("That is good speed but it is also the same as Micah Johnson's and he had problems staying with receivers when he had to"). I'm not trying to rain on your parade but just saying speed is not his best attribute.

Read your own post. Kash is reported to run a 4.57 40 and you are saying that is the same as Micah Johnson ran. IMO that is saying Johnson ran a 40 in the 4.5s. I can only go by the times listed for these players since I do not have access to them to time them myself. If Kash's forty time is correct HIS his time would compare very favorable with all of the LBs being drafted into the pros this year. I would say that would seem to indicate that he has great speed for his size and position.

In this defense I'm not sure they would want to put much more weight on him. He's more like 6' 2" and I think they want to make sure he doesn't lose any of his speed or agility. Besides the measurables he has great attributes. His knowledge of the position, instincts, ability to take good angles, and coverage skills make him almost a "plug and play" type guy from the get go. Plus I think he will be an early graduate which means he'll likely participate in spring drills. Add it up and I will not be surprised at all so see him playing and contributing as a true freshmen, which is somewhat rare for a linebacker.

Right now he's the highest ranked 3* LB in Rivals nationally so he could easily get a bump up to a 4* but I'm not looking for it becasue he's a 3 way player which has to impact his linebacker time some.

Yeah it is funny how slow these guys become when they go to the NFL.

I would image after 4 years of beating and bashing in the SEC my 40 time would probably be a bit slower too:)

I don't pay a lot of attention to HS times as they are usually inflated. A linebacker in the SEC that can run a true 4.7 40 is fast IMO, becasue most college receivers cannot run much faster than a 4.6 despite the propaganda you hear.

I don't know what Daniel's true 40 time is but it's plenty fast enough for him to eventually play at an elite level in this conference combined with his other skills.

Reactions: Levibooty
Well if we don't know if he is 6'2" or 6'3" how are we to trust his 40 yard times that are given. I'm not trying to talk so much about the man as I am about the information that is put out there. I may be wrong but I feel sure when Micah was at Kentucky he was listed or it was talked about him having a 4.6 40 which was why he had such a hard time covering WR's on occasion. It would not surprise me a bit if Kash's time given here is noy an accurate time either. I've seen him run and he looks very good but I'm not going to build him up so high he can only disappoint.

My fear is with him seeming to never come off the field playing offense, defense, and special teams for his high school team that he might become fatigued and open himself up to an injury. I hope his coaching staff is trying to find spots to give him some breathers.

I would also say that with all of the publicity he has received and his committing to UK is going to cause coaches to give him special treatment in their defensive plans. He is going to get some double teams.

The camp he was at had wr's, Cb's, rbs, and TE's all running with the same electronic setup. He ran the 4th fastest 40 overall was what I heard.

I googled Micah Johnsons 40 time and got numbers from 4.7 to 5.01. This was no surprise to me however because I thought he should have been playing DE instead of MLB. He weighed in the 260s

The camp he was at had wr's, Cb's, rbs, and TE's all running with the same electronic setup. He ran the 4th fastest 40 overall was what I heard.

I hope this is accurate and if it is That is really fast for a MLB. That is safety speed. If it was electronicly timed than it is accurate and the numbers were not fudged.

Either Daniel has SEC speed to put himself in a position to make plays or he doesn't. It'll become evident very quickly.

He's fast enough that a couple big 10 power houses, an ACC top tier school and an SEC east contender wanted him at TE. And Urban Meyer doesn't offer 5 flat TEs. Unless they're a Tackle playing TE in jumbo sets. The kid has wheels for his size. He's gonna be a player.

He's definitely an elite player..there's a reason he's an Army All-American..some sites have him ranked as the #2 ILB and top-100 player in the nation..hopefully he can put on 15-20 and keep that speed like you say
When is that game?

He's fast enough that a couple big 10 power houses, an ACC top tier school and an SEC east contender wanted him at TE. And Urban Meyer doesn't offer 5 flat TEs. Unless they're a Tackle playing TE in jumbo sets. The kid has wheels for his size. He's gonna be a player.

Who are you talking about?

I hope this is accurate and if it is That is really fast for a MLB. That is safety speed. If it was electronicly timed than it is accurate and the numbers were not fudged.
well the scouts on hand were blown away enough that they immediately moved him into the top 250 and then after watching more film on him and seeing him another time, they moved him to top 100. a lot of what they said was comparing him to pro lb'ers in the league right now.... size, speed, hips, instincts... they really liked him.

Reactions: C1180 and Mike-D
I know he is still in high school just starting his senior year but he sure sounds like he is likely to be a winner and projects to be a successful SEC LB.

Football speed is different. Angles plus good hands are important. I do know some high level teams wanted him as a tight end. That is a good sign. Maybe he could play both sides later in his career

My fear is with him seeming to never come off the field playing offense, defense, and special teams for his high school team that he might become fatigued and open himself up to an injury. I hope his coaching staff is trying to find spots to give him some breathers.

I would also say that with all of the publicity he has received and his committing to UK is going to cause coaches to give him special treatment in their defensive plans. He is going to get some double teams.
People seem to forget he is also the starting QB for the Paintsville Tigers so his speed is real for a kid who plays both ways.

so much BS, there is NO WAY he runs a 4.57 40 time. legitimately, that is.

Who are you talking about?

OSU, MSU, UL, USC all wanted him on the offensive side of the ball. I think USC told him they would play him on D if that was his wish but really wanted him to consider TE. OSU and the other big players offered him as TE. I know people think it was as simple as a mountain kid picking the home school but him choosing UK had a lot to do with us offering him as a LB. Stoops being a D minded coach helped tons. Coach Stoops and Eliot both done an awesome job recruiting the kid.

OSU, MSU, UL, USC all wanted him on the offensive side of the ball. I think USC told him they would play him on D if that was his wish but really wanted him to consider TE. OSU and the other big players offered him as TE. I know people think it was as simple as a mountain kid picking the home school but him choosing UK had a lot to do with us offering him as a LB. Stoops being a D minded coach helped tons. Coach Stoops and Eliot both done an awesome job recruiting the kid.
He always was a Cat. He was never going anywhere else. Everyone from Paintsville knew this and this kid was raided right. Why people try to downplay his mountain heritage amazes me. Johnson County is more Blue than Lexington.

He always was a Cat. He was never going anywhere else. Everyone from Paintsville knew this and this kid was raided right. Why people try to downplay his mountain heritage amazes me. Johnson County is more Blue than Lexington.

I didn't say him or anyone else wasn't a cat. It wasn't as cut and dry as u think though. He really listened to other schools and made what he thought was the best decision. And I don't know where u get that everyone from paintsville knew where he was going. Was he a heavy UK lean? Absolutely. But had another school with a D minded coach recruited him better than Stoops and Eliot he would have had a tough decision to make. He really did listen to other schools and made up his mind from there. And I'm from the mountains lol. I love my heritage and would never downplay that.

ADVERTISEMENT