ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Rowland tweeting a huge Yahtzee on the horizon.

It is amazing that we're getting this interest, but 2018 is a long way away. Would love it if we could bring these guys in though!

I can't contain my excitement! Could this go down as the greatest recruiting week in UK football history?

Are we sure we are taking "biggest" the right way? Could just be talking size. Who out there are we recruiting that is bigger than Matt Elam?

Just kidding. Never have I been this excited about UK football recruiting. Great times are ahead. Just need to win on the field and hold on to these commits.

I simply don't know how to even react to all of this. As a UK football fan, I've never before been in this position. Hell, I've never even been able to dream about being in this position. This just seems so incredible and unreal to even be in a position for a recruits like this...yet we are not just well positioned, we are actually the favorite in many circumstances. I've got to pinch myself just to make sure I'm not dreaming. I mean who among us, even the most hopelessly optimistic fan, could have envisioned UK being in position for and actually getting numerous 4 star recruits while also being a major player for multiple 5 star recruits? Perhaps the football gods have finally decided to reward the long suffering UK football fan with a shot at true greatness.

First time I have ever been as excited about Football as basketball. If we can just make that jump to 6 or 7 wins this year, which I fully expect, we may be looking at classes in 2017 and 2018 that are just unreal. I don't know how they are doing it but I like it.

You're a bandwagon fan. Where were you when the rest of us were having our guts ripped out while just coming short of big wins? I guess you were on Rafters talking about what one of the bball players had for breakfast or how a player's hair style changed.

I'll never understand how some UK fans are that obsessed where they stay on a basketball board all day during football season. Have you no life?

Reactions: buckeyecat
just confirming that Joshua Paschal is visiting this weekend so fingers crossed for 2 4* commits out of the DMV area this weekend :pray:

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
Tommy Mainord could have a big couple of days if he gets these 2 from the DMV area. Need to get a few from there every year or so. Good talent in that area.

You're a bandwagon fan. Where were you when the rest of us were having our guts ripped out while just coming short of big wins? I guess you were on Rafters talking about what one of the bball players had for breakfast or how a player's hair style changed.

I'll never understand how some UK fans are that obsessed where they stay on a basketball board all day during football season. Have you no life?

You are just dumb. It doesn't make me a bandwagon fan. I live a couple hours away and have been a numerous games each and every year through good seasons and bad. Have been at huge wins like LSU and some horrible losses. I have an entire section of a room in my house with nothing but UK football memorabilia. There have just been very few times when there was an opportunity to get excited compared to basketball. If you cannot see that then I just don't know what to say.

Tommy Mainord could have a big couple of days if he gets these 2 from the DMV area. Need to get a few from there every year or so. Good talent in that area.

Don't forget '16 LB Watson, he's from the area too and could get one of UK's last remaining scholarships.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
It's like the old NCAA football game where you'd put it on auto for a couple seasons to have a more talented and experienced team... I'm too old to be,wishing away my life but i hope the next 2 years go quick. Lol

Reactions: zac_limanni

And again we eat our own. Never seen a fan base that has such strong dislike for football fans that also like the basketball team and (gasp) maybe pays more attention to that program. This is how you increase the fan base and support for football but some are too busy being pissed at people who weren't drowning in the pit of despair that was Joker Phillips. I watched every game of his tenure but would have rather hung myself than come on this board. Should I stop buying tickets and traveling three hours to games because it might hurt someone's feelings?

We are all fans of the same program, act like it.

**End Rant**

Sorry for the hijack.

Reactions: KDcats11
Great get for UK but I am old and commitments 2 and 3 years in the future do not excite me much. I might not be around to see them. I am more excited about who is coming in this season. Players that have already signed LOIs and enrolled to be at UK this season.

Another thing is these 17 and 18 year old kids might change their minds a dozen time in two to three years. Hope not but that is the reality of the way of things.

Great get for UK but I am old and commitments 2 and 3 years in the future do not excite me much. I might not be around to see them. I am more excited about who is coming in this season. Players that have already signed LOIs and enrolled to be at UK this season.

Another thing is these 17 and 18 year old kids might change their minds a dozen time in two to three years. Hope not but that is the reality of the way of things.

Maybe so, but at least with Eskridge, it's not going to be because he received an offer to play somewhere. He's going into his sophomore season of high school and can already play at any college in the country.

Maybe I'm greedy, but I would love it if Eskridge and the 2017 commits convinces the other Tampa kid, Richard Gouraige (top 25 SDE in the c/o 2018) to commit to UK as well. He has an offer, after all.

Maybe I'm greedy, but I would love it if Eskridge and the 2017 commits convinces the other Tampa kid, Richard Gouraige (top 25 SDE in the c/o 2018) to commit to UK as well. He has an offer, after all.
Not to be pushy.. But tomorrow sounds good.. Keep the streak alive lol

I love basketball and was raised watching UK basketball but my favorite sport is football. To see what Stoops and company is doing to build a program is just so awesome!!!

Maybe so, but at least with Eskridge, it's not going to be because he received an offer to play somewhere. He's going into his sophomore season of high school and can already play at any college in the country.
I doubt he's qualified yet.

The more we get the more likely it is they stay with us. Also, like was mentioned above, in the past we have lost players because they were waiting to get the offer from some of the big schools. Eakridge knows he can go anywhere he wants in the country already so he can't get better opportunities.

Something for you guys to keep an eye on. 2018 SDE Richard Gouraige (#25 player in the c/o 2018) retweeting Eskridge's commitment tweet. They do speak with one another, and are both from Tampa.

these are on twitter now!
Jermaine Eskridge ‏@Iam_Jermaine4 5h5 hours agoTown 'n' Country, FL
I'm completely solid to Kentucky for you people think it's a joke
203c.png
1f4af.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT