ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Hatcher's impact in the Florida game?

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
What can we expect from Hatcher in his first game back?

Who knows? First game, he hasn't always been the most disciplined player. But he will bring size and athleticism.

Hopefully he can rush the passer off the edge. We're really lacking in pass rushers right now.

That's the thing. If we get Hatcher and Flannigan back for the Florida game, this could be really, REALLY fun. I'm expecting Hatcher to really get things going. It sounded to me like his issue has been academics and that maybe his suspension turns out to be a blessing. We'll see, we're gonna need him from here on out. Flannigan too.

If we get Hatcher, Flannigan, and Kobie to come give our linebackers some depth, then look out.

Those are three of our best options at OLB. Next week should be a damn good game. Put together two solid halves and we beat Florida. It's gonna take a lot from these kids. All the pressure is on Florida to keep the streak alive, and two huge assets to our defense will be coming back to give us some experience and depth.

This is a great time to be a Cat fan.

DESPERATELY need his rushing ability. That and Flannigans athleticism could reallllly change the UK defense.

He may be a knucklehead, but Hatcher is a stud. Hopefully hes continued to work hard during his suspension.

Hopefully he can rush the passer off the edge. We're really lacking in pass rushers right now.
Agreed...we can't sack the QB without blitzing...that needs to improve and hopefully Hatcher gives us that dimension we are lacking in Ware/Allen/JJohnson, etc.. at OLB.

Reactions: brianpoe
Will he even start at this point, I'm not so sure. Maybe he will earn that back in the next game if the other guy messes up and he will obviously provide valuable minutes, but I don't think he deserves to.

If we get Hatcher, Flannigan, and Kobie to come give our linebackers some depth, then look out.

Those are three of our best options at LB. Next week should be a damn good game. Put together two solid halves and we beat Florida. It's gonna take a lot from these kids. All the pressure is on Florida to keep the streak alive, and two huge assets to our defense will be coming back to give us some experience and depth.

This is a great time to be a Cat fan.

If the Cats get that trio back ready to play it will definitely improve their depth at the LB positions. I believe that Hatcher and Flanagan were projected starters at their positions. All the experience the young LBs got because of the Hatcher-Flanagan situation IMO is going to be a blessing down the road. Walker is an athletic addition with some experience and his return can do nothing but help the situation.

The outside run has been somewhat of a problem for UK and the Cats need to get better pressure on the opposing QBs. This trios return IMO will help with both of those situations.

Henderson has done an admirable job but he just is not physically able to do some of the things that Flanagan can do. With Forrest and Flanagan in the middle UK just might have the best coverage inside linebacker duo in the SEC.

Reactions: brianpoe
Henderson has been great. He has 17 tackles for two games and made some outstanding plays. He and Forrest are playing lights out.

What can we expect from Hatcher in his first game back?
Depends on which Jason Hatcher shows up. The physically talented Jason Hatcher, or the stoned Jason Hatcher. Just hope he has stayed sharp and worked hard. This guy is at the crossroad. He has a chance to become a true star in Stoops' defense. But 1 more violation of team rules ends his SEC career. He will get competition from Denzil Ware, who has impressed me at times. If Hatcher is focused, his return makes an immediate difference because he is a missing piece in a defense that is improving in all phases. Lewis, Forrest, Stamps give us an elite defensive interior. The missing piece is a pass rush. If Hatcher supplies that, then we are not only bowling, but maybe even bowling over NY weekend.

i think this suspension was from stuff a while back and the university just handed down the punishment late on it. by all accounts hatcher has been much improved off the field this summer and going into fall. i think he comes out ready to roll. got to think missing that scar game with that atmosphere is tearing at him. he's gonna want to get some for this uf game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT