ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday @ Arkansas

RMorris33

Senior
Oct 26, 2006
Do we win this game? I'm not feeling confident about any road games with the awful performance we put on last night. We face an even tougher environment Saturday at Bud Walton. GameDay will be in Fayetteville for the first time ever, Hogs will likely play their best game of the season, 25% shooters will bank in three's from the rafters, mid game hugs and smiles after ridiculous shots go in, t-shirt night, etc etc. We all know what to expect from SEC road games, but will our guys be ready this time?

I honestly feel my interest in this game at almost 0.

I stopped watching last night after the bs foul on mitchell. I knew we had no chance as our D has sucked way more n 2nd half than 1st of late...and we were still down 8 at half.

Calipari has sucked all fun out of UK basketball. I view it in the same light as UK football and TN Titans football now and i have low expectations for them both. Never gonna win anything that matters until Cal goes.

They didn’t really handle USCjr any better than we did and they had them in Fayetteville. They can’t defend either. Good matchup for us.

I went into this week thinking we’d eek out a win at SC and lose at Ark. So I really have no clue what to expect Saturday. I do think with it being Gameday, it can end up being a distraction for them. I’ll say Cats by 6

Arkansas really needs the win to kickstart them back into the NCAA tournament, add in College Gameday, Sold out stadium. Will UK pretty much end Arky’s season or will Gameday get a court storming and topless coach? Hmmmm what is better TV?

Feel like we could be in trouble. Arkansas will be all jacked up on Mountain Dew for sure. Before last night game, I felt pretty comfortable. This morning I’m thinking we could get another beat down. I hate their coach. But Cal loves to give these coaches big wins.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I never feel too confident about SEC road games. Those games just mean so much more to those SEC teams. The focus and effort and excitement they bring in those games against UK is a real factor whether we like it or not.

Before this game last night I have been thinking Ark. might just beat us on their floor. Everyone gets up for us so I would not be surprised to see us get beat. Something is going on with this team after watching them last night.

Do we win this game? I'm not feeling confident about any road games with the awful performance we put on last night. We face an even tougher environment Saturday at Bud Walton. GameDay will be in Fayetteville for the first time ever, Hogs will likely play their best game of the season, 25% shooters will bank in three's from the rafters, mid game hugs and smiles after ridiculous shots go in, t-shirt night, etc etc. We all know what to expect from SEC road games, but will our guys be ready this time?
img%5D

Not gonna waste my time on it. These cloudy days might be influencing me but I'd rather go eat taco bell then watch another train wreck road game. If we win I'll be glad but I'm not giving up my Saturday night for this stuff.

Arkansas is more than desperate. They HAVE to win this game if they want any chance at salvaging their season.

Another rough and rowdy environment, it will be difficult. No game in January is a must win but this one is pretty close for UK

Before this game last night I have been thinking Ark. might just beat us on their floor. Everyone gets up for us so I would not be surprised to see us get beat. Something is going on with this team after watching them last night.
I agree that something is going on with this team behind the scenes. They looked totally different than they did even just a couple of weeks ago. I know teams have a bad game or two but last night was WAAAAAAY beyond bad!!! One example is Reed. He has a high basketball IQ (probably one of the highest to ever play at KY), a great shooter, unselfish player (he plays for the team win), etc. He usually looks happy even on the sidelines, cheering on his teammates whether he is in the game or on the bench. But I noticed in last night's game that he looked preoccupied...something on his mind besides the game. I wonder if anything's up. We would never know if it were true, but I worry.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

Not gonna waste my time on it. These cloudy days might be influencing me but I'd rather go eat taco bell then watch another train wreck road game. If we win I'll be glad but I'm not giving up my Saturday night for this stuff.
HEY TACO BELL IS GOOD

Especially the steak breakfast crunchwrap. There's nothing in the fast food universe that's better. It's like cocaine wrapped in a tortilla.

• Haha
Nope, Arky will play out of their minds. Just like every team we play. Someone will have their dream game against us.

Arkansas will win because Kentucky will give them wide ass open 3s, they will let Arkansas get every loose ball and give up multiple offensive rebounds. And above all cal will again by terrible with subs and won’t make any adjustments in game

I honestly feel my interest in this game at almost 0.

I stopped watching last night after the bs foul on mitchell. I knew we had no chance as our D has sucked way more n 2nd half than 1st of late...and we were still down 8 at half.

Calipari has sucked all fun out of UK basketball. I view it in the same light as UK football and TN Titans football now and i have low expectations for them both. Never gonna win anything that matters until Cal goes.
You realize you control your excitement and "fun" you get out if basketball right? If you choose to enjoy it and root for your team then you can. If you choose to say Cal sucks, Kentucky is terrible etc you can do that as well. It's a choice you and only you make though, not the players or the coach.

Depends on if Ark follows the blueprint. Be physical and deny Reeves the ball. That will make the game a tossup at the least. If Cal changes the defensive strategy that could tip it in our favor, but Cal does not like change.

Reactions: Bill Teaby
You realize you control your excitement and "fun" you get out if basketball right? If you choose to enjoy it and root for your team then you can. If you choose to say Cal sucks, Kentucky is terrible etc you can do that as well. It's a choice you and only you make though, not the players or the coach.
Nope, playing UK basketball makes us happy. Period

That means effort on both ends of the floor and great coaching. Neither of which has happened together in years.

It’s gonna be extremely sad Saturday when Kentucky makes this pile of shit team look good and they hit 8-10 3s

They just lost again. They will be very desperate to save their season. They will play out their minds! Expect the sec officials to keep it close.

No need to worry guys we got a coach who cares. He is probably watching game film as we speak and has a great ideal of who will play that game. He also loves Reed and Ky basketball!

• Haha
Reactions: runt#69
Z has been practicing all year, right? He needs to be playing more minutes or I’ll lose faith even more in Cal.

Never know with this coach, Ky lives and dies by the outside shot every now an then they might get a layup, they have 3 seven footers yets no post up game there D is man and nothing else, hard to have confidence in this coach.

Something is going on with this team after watching them last night.
I don't see anything going on with this team other than a coach that seems to not teach defense anymore and caters to certain players. We already have had a Team Turmoil and this team isn't that.

Depends on if Ark follows the blueprint. Be physical and deny Reeves the ball. That will make the game a tossup at the least. If Cal changes the defensive strategy that could tip it in our favor, but Cal does not like change.
Nor game planning.

I don't see anything going on with this team other than a coach that seems to not teach defense anymore and caters to certain players. We already have had a Team Turmoil and this team isn't that.
Definitely caters to DJ and Edwards. Neither should be in the starting line up

A lot of things about Kentucky in that game were different. Some very selfish plays, some very odd combinations of players, sitting players that really needed to be in the game, etc.

But some things were still the same: the wrong starting line up, in inept coach, etc.

A lot of things about Kentucky in that game were different. Some very selfish plays, some very odd combinations of players, sitting players that really needed to be in the game, etc.

But some things were still the same: the wrong starting line up, in inept coach, etc.
Ya'll place way too much emphasis on the starting lineup (minutes matter so much more than starting). By the way, that excuse has no credibility in the USC game, UK was ahead 4-0 when Edwards and Wagner were subbed for Sheppard and Dillingham.

Reactions: gharding07
I thought we’d slip by USCjr and lose in Fayetteville because traditionally we don’t do all that well down there.

I’m not saying Saturday has become a must win, but it’s pretty damn close.

Reactions: westerncat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT