ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday @ Arkansas

I thought we’d slip by USCjr and lose in Fayetteville because traditionally we don’t do all that well down there.

I’m not saying Saturday has become a must win, but it’s pretty damn close.
Yeah, I thought we’d go 1-1 this week with what you said. I think the cats will be motivated after getting ran out the gym vs SC and with it being Gameday. I expect a dialed in team Saturday. Maybe Reeves can drop another 30+ at Bud.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
It’s gonna be extremely sad Saturday when Kentucky makes this pile of shit team look good and they hit 8-10 3s
Yeah but Arky’s offense and defense is much worse than A&M and S Carolina. No way we should lose this game. We could blow them out and give Everyone false hope again.

Yeah but Arky’s offense and defense is much worse than A&M and S Carolina. No way we should lose this game. We could blow them out and give Everyone false hope again.
Kentucky deifnelty should blow them out. I just don’t see it happening. Kentucky will let Arkansas get open shots and get the crowd into it, and Kentucky also won’t guard or rebound which will make the game 10 times harder

Reactions: UKortho
I'm still optimistic, but you know their fans will have them playing out their behinds ... To be fair, the refs at South Carolina held their whistles and let them rough us up pretty bad, esp in the first 5 to 10 min of that game. But we played like crap and were coached like crap ...

Reactions: oldfanofuk
KENTUCKY HC JOHN CALIPARI OFFICIAL POSTGAME PRESSER:

KENTUCKY HC JOHN CALIPARI - UK RADIO NETWORK Q&A:

* Calipari: "I saw men, and I saw boys." Says South Carolina roughed them up tonight, missed a bunch of shots because they weren't ready to be physical. Too much dancing with the ball instead of going by people who want to be physical. That's what young players often do.

* Did not do a good job of throwing it ahead, reversing the ball, getting into their offense. Again, falls back on "youth."

* Team has to watch tape and realize they can't play this way.

* Gotta make practices rougher. It was too rough for Z today. This is going to be the blueprint teams try to use against them if they don't get tougher.

* They didn't execute some things they talked about in the huddles. One of them was on certain guys you foul and certain guys you don't.

* We'll get better. This was a great lesson.

* Arkansas will be the same kind of crowd, they'll rush the court the same way. Sounds defeated before he even goes. Really down tonight after that performance.

From Rowland’s post game press conference from Cal. He seems worried about Ark-see last paragraph.

They could play this game in Musselman's back yard with his family members officiating the game and Kentucky would still roll. To much overreacting going on right now. Arkansas is really bad and the Muss bus has a blown engine.

They could play this game in Musselman's back yard with his family members officiating the game and Kentucky would still roll. To much overreacting going on right now. Arkansas is really bad and the Muss bus has a blown engine.
And Kentucky is vastly overrated and can’t guard air, so yes Arkansas will make it a game and may very well win

Reactions: westerncat
They just lost again. They will be very desperate to save their season. They will play out their minds! Expect the sec officials to keep it close.
I don't think we lose Saturday. Arkansas can't/won't do what USC and TAM did. They don't have the grit. On the other side of the coin if we manage to lose this team could fold. Mitchell and Reeves are holding this team together, someone else needs to take hold of the rope before those two let go

Reactions: westerncat
Arkansas really needs the win to kickstart them back into the NCAA tournament, add in College Gameday, Sold out stadium. Will UK pretty much end Arky’s season or will Gameday get a court storming and topless coach? Hmmmm what is better TV?
I don't believe that the SEC is above setting games up for the most NCAA bids.........come up with some BS calls and a team that shouldn't win does........the very reason that i quit watching any live basketball.......it is infuriating to watch the SEC officials........they are either totally inept or crooked.........

• Angry
Reactions: CGblue and howercat
Do we win this game? I'm not feeling confident about any road games with the awful performance we put on last night. We face an even tougher environment Saturday at Bud Walton. GameDay will be in Fayetteville for the first time ever, Hogs will likely play their best game of the season, 25% shooters will bank in three's from the rafters, mid game hugs and smiles after ridiculous shots go in, t-shirt night, etc etc. We all know what to expect from SEC road games, but will our guys be ready this time?
Arkansas is not its normal self right now. After a loss in Columbia, I bet y’all come back and take care of business against a undermanned team.

Reactions: Jperry1987
Ya'll place way too much emphasis on the starting lineup (minutes matter so much more than starting). By the way, that excuse has no credibility in the USC game, UK was ahead 4-0 when Edwards and Wagner were subbed for Sheppard and Dillingham.
Okay, we were ahead that one game. That settles it!

Our conference road games tell us very little. They're not comparable to the neutral court games we'll play in the postseason.

Unfortunately, they matter in terms of seeding, and I expect us to drop several more.

• Sad
Reactions: howercat
I am afraid that Arkansas is in big trouble in this game. It may get real ugly, real quick and end in an embarrassing blow out in Bud Walton Arena. Musselman keeps trying different things, but nothing is working.

The team can shoot really well, they just can't make them, can't play defense, soft inside, can't rebound, and often handle the basketball like it is a live grenade. Not a good formula for success.

I guess sometimes if you miss on too many portal players to fill gaps, and the pieces just don't fit, you have a real mess which is exactly what we have. It's mind boggling and seems eerily similar to the UK 2020/2021 season to me. Plenty of national hype and a top 10 or 15 preseason ranking turned into a complete disaster.

Reactions: UKortho
I don't believe that the SEC is above setting games up for the most NCAA bids.........come up with some BS calls and a team that shouldn't win does........the very reason that i quit watching any live basketball.......it is infuriating to watch the SEC officials........they are either totally inept or crooked.........
You are correct in stating the sec officials will play up the home team when uk comes in. Has been happening for decades, don't see it ever stopping. SEC will do everything they can to get as many teams into the ncaa tournament, all the while knocking the cats down the seed line. Only the sec treats their bell cow program this way.

Kansas on the other hand, is bailed out week after week on the road and at home repeatedly.

• Love
Reactions: awf
Arkansas has wins over Duke, Texas A&M and UNCW by 16. We lost to 2 of those 3 teams. This isn't a gimme for Kentucky even thought everyone is expecting a win.

I've a bad feeling if Kentucky loses this game, the season is going to go downhill the rest of the way.

A very bad feeling IF they lose.

They have got to come together and win this road game. period

I wish for something really weird again today, but not this year. Kentucky is better at every position, and it's not often Vegas just gives away free money. Take the Cat's and give the points, this one today won't be close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT