ADVERTISEMENT

Its June 28, 2023 and your Cincinnati Redlegs are in 1st place in the NL Central!!

Votto has his little hot streak when he came back. His pitch recognition speed has slowed dramatically.

Elly De La Cruz can't hit curving or low stuff. And his speed is going to be negated if he can't figure out how to lay down a bunt. Tremendous upside, though. Right now to my eyes he's a combination of Billy Hamilton and Aristides Acquino, with a much faster swing.

It's mostly a lineup of decent to good hitters, who are for the most part tenacious on the basepaths.

Yes, get some starting pitching. Hopefully Reds Brass doesn't sit on their hands and say "it's a rebuilding year and where ya gonna go?"

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
atbbttr-reds.gif

We'll be fine if we can pick up some serviceable starting pitching via trades. I love our fight!

Reactions: warrior-cat
Votto has his little hot streak when he came back. His pitch recognition speed has slowed dramatically.

Elly De La Cruz can't hit curving or low stuff. And his speed is going to be negated if he can't figure out how to lay down a bunt. Tremendous upside, though. Right now to my eyes he's a combination of Billy Hamilton and Aristides Acquino, with a much faster swing.

It's mostly a lineup of decent to good hitters, who are for the most part tenacious on the basepaths.

Yes, get some starting pitching. Hopefully Reds Brass doesn't sit on their hands and say "it's a rebuilding year and where ya gonna go?"
Cruz killed us Friday night …couldn’t get the kid out …love when he comes to the plate all the Reds fans pull out their phones lol …Braves started pitching him inside the rest of the series where he couldn’t extend his arms …was effective …even caused him to foul a ball off right on his ankle which slowed him even more

Cruz killed us Friday night …couldn’t get the kid out …love when he comes to the plate all the Reds fans pull out their phones lol …Braves started pitching him inside the rest of the series where he couldn’t extend his arms …was effective …even caused him to foul a ball off right on his ankle which slowed him even more
Cruz is 1-for-16 since that Atlanta game.

I don't understand how anyone can cheer for a team from Indiana, Ohio, or Tennessee. I realize we don't have pro teams here, but have some self respect guys!
I don’t know why not when your state doesn’t have a team, you cheer for the “home” franchise, Reds around here and Cardinals in the west part of the state. No idea why you didn’t even list the state of North Carolina but oh well.

I don’t know why not when your state doesn’t have a team, you cheer for the “home” franchise, Reds around here and Cardinals in the west part of the state. No idea why you didn’t even list the state of North Carolina but oh well.
Eh we barely border NC, and I don't know many people who cheer for any teams in KY. But we have plenty of Reds/Cardinals/Titans/Pacers fans...

I say F dudes that live in North Carolina, Dukie and Tar Heel wannabes.
That is utterly stupid!!!
I am a bigger UK fan than you can ever hope to be, and because of that hate Duke and UNCheat more than most other UK fans.

I simply grew up in a part of KY not close to any MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL teams (at the time, 70s-80s) so never liked the assumption that us Kentuckians should automatically be Reds/Bengals/Cards/Rams fans.

Go Brewers!!!!
Who are also in 1st in the Central.

And I’m not saying that to be antagonistic. I’ve been a Brewers fan since the early 80’s and Harvey’s Wallbangers.

Reds fans have to get excited about first place on June. Like Indiana basketball fans they never experience success when it really matters.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Thats 14 of 17 boys. Just beat the 3rd best team in baseball 2 of 3 on their home turf and went 3-3 v 2 of the top 3 teams in all of baseball…atlanta and baltimore!

How we feelin now?!

1st place hombres….

• Haha
Reactions: JST390-2
Last 35 games:

Braves 25-10
Reds 24-11

Last 17 games:

Reds 14-3
Braves 14-3

Payrolls:

Braves 8th
Reds 25th

Reds went 7-8 v the only 4 MLB teams playing .600 ball or better (Atlanta 1-5, Texas 3-0, TB 1-2 and Balt. 2-1) and are done with all of them with half the season still to play. Nice try burying the Reds before the break MLB! Epic Fail !!!

“PUT PETE IN!”

Last edited:
You realize that no National League team has won more World Championships than the Reds in the past 50 years, right?

Giants, Dodgers and Cardinals have won as many - 3. No one in the NL has won more, and franchises like the Braves, Pirates, Phillies, Mets, etc., etc. have won fewer. Only one franchise in all of MLB has won more championships than the Reds since 1975 -- the Yankees.

I was a perfect age to experience the Big Red Machine. If you are a National League fan younger than your 60s I've seen my team celebrate something meaningful as often or more often than you have.

You sound like a notre Dame football or Indiana basketball fan bragging about ancient times and glory days of old. Next you will tell me about how you didn't quit when the Germans bombed pearl harbor.

I will give baseball credit for having solid parity. All the titles count though so why dont u post all time title count?

Or do we not count UKs 40s and 50s titles when talking smack to other fanbases?

Also, I'm just messing with you guys.

UKWildcats1987:
You mean when it really matters like the Reds 5 world titles?

Those 5 Championships include a current 9 gm WS win streak and the last NL team to go back to back to this day.

Dont let your hate for the oldest pro baseball city in history distort your cognitive abilities.

What is the Reds record vs the Braves this season? 1-5 and they are 0-2 in series.
And all 6 gms were decided by 1 run.
Cincy is the last team the Bravos want to see in October.

Loved Cycling on the Braves too and snapping your 8 gm win streak in the process.

Face it, the Reds are legit!

And all 6 gms were decided by 1 run.
Cincy is the last team the Bravos want to see in October.

Loved Cycling on the Braves too and snapping your 8 gm win streak in the process.

Face it, the Reds are legit!
I agree the Reds are legit …yeah I don’t wanna see them in the playoffs lol …but I gotta add …Braves pitching has been fairly good and they have been missing Kyle Wright and Max Fried who should be back soon …those two guys are studs

Reactions: warrior-cat
Dude my Dad took me to see the BRM when I was 8 in RFS. Im 56 now and have forgot more about Reds baseball than you will ever know. Oh and:

“I dont mean to brag and dont mean to boast but I like warm butter on my breakfast toast.”

Reds have won six straight series on the road for a 15-3 record during that timeframe. This team guys this team….

Last edited:
I was at the game Sunday. Pitching cost Reds the game for sure. De La Cruz didn’t get anything going at the plate. Looks like he likes to chase a low change up. Good game though.
I was reminded of the situation with Pedro Cerrano in the movie Major League as the announcers were saying the same thing the other night. They said that pitchers were not going throw him fastballs because he was killing it but instead, throw curveballs and changeups down and in because he has a problem with those.

"Fastball I can hit it very much but curveball, bats are scared".

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT