ADVERTISEMENT

Is Tubman Gonna Play Or Not

MrHotDice

All-American
Nov 1, 2002
i know their is already a multi page discussion but most of the posts have to do with things other than football.

Is he still in Lexington and taking classes and is he going to play for UK???

i know their is already a multi page discussion but most of the posts have to do with things other than football.

Is he still in Lexington and taking classes and is he going to play for UK???
From what I know I'm going to say no...Sad what they are going to do to the young man...:(:mad:

I have mixed feelings because so many females have been screwed over by our justice system but at the same time Tubman is being convicted unfairly in the public court of opinion.

Dude he hasn't been in Lex or taking classes at UK since last October. Nothing but rumors at this point, but it doesn't sound good that he will be allowed to enroll again at UK.

I wish someone, somewhere could answer this question for those of you who are concerned. It must feel horrible to be worried about something that seems to have no answer. Is he or isn't he, that remains the question.

Best advice is don't count on him. Stop worrying about it and if by some miracle he wins his appeal then we can all celebrate.

Only my opinion but.....
As far as info, unless someone from the family makes a statement or leaks something we won't hear anything official until Stoops is asked about his status prior to the start of fall practice. Knowing how tight UK keeps the reigns on information it will take a we won't hear anything unless someone from the media processes an open record requests and then I bet names are redacted.

Best advice is don't count on him. Stop worrying about it and if by some miracle he wins his appeal then we can all celebrate.

Only my opinion but.....
As far as info, unless someone from the family makes a statement or leaks something we won't hear anything official until Stoops is asked about his status prior to the start of fall practice. Knowing how tight UK keeps the reigns on information it will take a we won't hear anything unless someone from the media processes an open record requests and then I bet names are redacted.
I'd think if he's playing he'll be in school for the summer sessions whenever they start, June maybe?

They sure are dragging there feet. My guess is he is thinking it's time for a change.

Last edited:
I wish someone, somewhere could answer this question for those of you who are concerned. It must feel horrible to be worried about something that seems to have no answer. Is he or isn't he, that remains the question.
I talked to Lloyd he was banned from campus til 2020 by a Committee on Student Conduct.He probably will enroll elsewhere ..can you blame him?

Well if the 2020 thing is true and final I'm surprised the family has not already told the media their displeasure, and indicated he has no choice but to find a new school. Maybe since nothing has been said publicly it is being appealed, or there is still some other chance he could return.

Franklin wanted him at Vandy and at Penn St. Would be interesting if the worst comes true if he would take him again.

He won't play here, ***** , it might cost UK some money if he did, better to destroy his life and dreams. Although it seems to me he would be the last one to put himself in a position where anything like this could happen again.

I still say with the him being under house arrest and up for indictment and being kicked out and Jameis being sued without having either of those things happening the lawyers should have a better case against him than her lawyers do, and those lawyers aren't taking that case because they are a charity organization. If I were on a jury I wouldn't feel sorry about throwing them a few hundred thou of Winston's few hundred million if I thought there was a chance in a million she deserved it, and there are several, probably the girl herself, that are impressed enough with Tubman's physical attributes to think he might make a few million. Weren't they breaking up anyway?

Did you read about the lawyers several years ago that were hiring undocumented citizens to slam on their brakes in front of a Semi truck? Hard to disprove whiplash also.

And while I have no doubt Franklin would take him in a minute PSU might have the same reservations as UK, primarily because of their recent troubles, they might be a little scared of the now incompetent NCAA like UK has been for the past twenty years. Unless he hates UL's tactics as much as I do they are the most likely one to be recruiting him, jurich wouldn't hesitate a second, let alone a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to Lloyd he was banned from campus til 2020 by a Committee on Student Conduct.He probably will enroll elsewhere ..can you blame him?
Heard this...The entire Otis athletic dept and football staff will be sending all these guys and gals a nice thank you Christmas card...The ones who did this to the young man should be ashamed , but they are probably proud of their "progressive" education decisions...

Heard this...The entire Otis athletic dept and football staff will be sending all these guys and gals a nice thank you Christmas card...The ones who did this to the young man should be ashamed , but they are probably proud of their "progressive" education decisions...
Hope he sues UK like the Columbia man has done . Need to put a stop to this lynching of our young men based on unsubstantiated allegations .

Reactions: BengalWACO
Hope he sues UK like the Columbia man has done . Need to put a stop to this lynching of our young men based on unsubstantiated allegations .
Columbia lawsuit alleges things that have not happened here. I'm not aware of any UK sponsored statement, on its website or otherwise, that states as a fact that Tubman raped this girl. Also, since he has not been on campus, I'm not aware of him being harassed by anyone because of the accusations. These seem to be what the Columbia man claims to give him a good suit.

I am hoping there is a way to appeal, it seems like he got railroaded if that 2020 business is true. Would still like to see him on the field for us.

I have heard that it's not final yet. That there are things going on at every level to get Lloyd back in UK and on the team.

I hope it works out.

Sounds like you are in the vast majority there, at least on here. And yes, I would be pulling for him to win this contest or any lawsuit he might file against anyone unless I hear more convincing evidence than I have heard so far------whether he could play whiffleball or any other sport.

someone said that 50 former letter men have signed a petition to reinstate lloyd. just from everything that has been said about lloyd, i feel like he's a good kid that deserves this.... but im afraid he's gone.

Columbia lawsuit alleges things that have not happened here. I'm not aware of any UK sponsored statement, on its website or otherwise, that states as a fact that Tubman raped this girl. Also, since he has not been on campus, I'm not aware of him being harassed by anyone because of the accusations. These seem to be what the Columbia man claims to give him a good suit.
And his lawsuit can allege things that the Columbia lawsuit did not. Each Plaintiff is different. Tubman's case is worth more . A lot more. He is a highly skilled athlete who can reasonably be expected to play pro ball. Due to the Rice situation the NFL is very leary of any player with the baggage of a rape allegation false or not. It is not speculation. It is foreseeable that this could literally cost him millions of dollars.

If he comes back to play for UK he is a much much stronger position. Looks like he was falsely accused and should be no problem . HOWEVER if he is kicked out of school it looks like he is guilty . His reputation is ruined . NFL will think twice or three themes about taking on that baggage. If the facts are what has been portrayed on this board I think he has been horribly wronged.

As I have pointed out previously Ray Larson's people are the best. They deal with this all of the time. It is obvious that they felt something in the young lady's case did not ring true. Their standard of proof was even much less than the 50.1% in a civil matter and they would not touch it. Neither should UK.

The members of the committee I understand are professors. I suggest in their required reading they read "The Oxbow incident " which involved an illegal lynching.

Last edited:
Was told tonight that despite a petition from 50 former lettermen that Lloyd will probably be looking at having to find another school ...Guess who is probably first in line...:confused:...Hope these "progressive" jackasses are happy:mad:

Was told tonight that despite a petition from 50 former lettermen that Lloyd will probably be looking at having to find another school ...Guess who is probably first in line...:confused:...Hope these "progressive" jackasses are happy:mad:

They are "progressives" only because they call themselves that. Really they are people who do not understand the US Bill Of Rights, Due Process and fair play. They make their own rules.

Makes one wonder who the true victim is here. Was she raped? Was she a gold digger? Was she sincere? Or was she simply trying to get even with a former boyfriend? Why believe one over the other. Ray Larson's office are the real expert's in such matters. Not college professors .

Did the University act because it had some information more than Larson's office? Hard to believe . I would think the CA knew all of the facts available.Or did they participate in the legal lynching of a young man simply to CYA without regard to right and justice? If so , strange stance for an institution which is supposed to be about treating all God's children equally, educating young people and giving ALL due process. If Tubman has been refused readmission it is not only a sad day for Tubman, but also for the US Constitution and UK.

An injustice to any man is an injustice to every man.

Last edited:
They are "progressives" only because they call themselves that. Really they are people who do not understand the US Bill Of Rights, Due Process and fair play. They make their own rules.

Makes one wonder who the true victim is here. Was she raped? Was she a gold digger? Was she sincere? Or was she simply trying to get even with a former boyfriend? Why believe one over the other. Ray Larson's office are the real expert's in such matters. Not college professors .

Did the University act because it had some information more than Larson's office? Hard to believe . I would think the CA knew all of the facts available.Or did they participate in the legal lynching of a young man simply to CYA without regard to right and justice? If so , strange stance for an institution which is supposed to be about treating all God's children equally, educating young people and giving ALL due process. If Tubman has been refused readmission it is not only a sad day for Tubman, but also for the US Constitution and UK.

Wow. What drama. You can post all you want calling the prosecutor "Ray" and I'm not impressed. I'm definitely not impressed when you start on the "gold digger" line of reasoning. Until your last post, I thought you were reasonably calling for Tubman's release to play for us. I agree that he should play for us. But when you say that she might be a gold digger or might be trying to get even with an ex boyfriend, you lost me. You don't know what happened. Your guesses are no better than any one else's, even the rest of us that don't know him by Ray. Does Ray think he did it? Have you talked to him? I know prosecutors and they have let no true bills happen when they thought there was a guilty person, they just knew they couldn't prove it. As a lawyer, tell me what Tubman sues for. It's not defamation is it? Who is saying he did it? What false accusation is he suing on? Who said he did it other than her? Sue her if you want to sue someone. I don't know whether he raped her or not. I hope he didn't. But I'm so sick of you people saying he was wrongly accused when you don't know. There is a process. It has made a decision supposedly. Let it go. It's amazing how you people continue to call players on other teams rapists or felons and beg for Tubman to come back. Again, I hope he did not do it, but don't expect him to wear a blue uniform, but hope he does.

If UK refuses to readmit him they are saying he did it. That is contrary to what the real professionals in this area have said. Sorry you don't get that.

Last edited:
I am going to say this a different way and maybe communicate a little better. Ray Larson is the most respected Prosecutor in this state. We are lucky in Fayette County and Kentucky to have him. His office has been recognized many times both statewide and nationally for their professionalism and competence. They are the office other Commonwealth Attorney's offices go to for advice when they have thorny problems.

Within their office they have a cadre of men and women who deal with crimes against women including domestic violence and date rape on a daily basis. . They include lawyers , paralegals , and victims advocates all highly dedicated and skilled in this area of the law. Their work is tough emotionally. They see it all. They have heard it all hundreds if not thousands of times. Mr. Larson and his office have a sterling reputation as being tough but fair prosecutors.

Due to the emotional attachment which inevitable comes with seeing so much of domestic violence and rape they become individuals that love to help rape victims and despise rapists. They know that they have tremendous power and can indict anyone.Thus the old adage a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich .They use their power and use it wisely. They do not abuse it. Larson's office does not shy away from controversy but they do not pursue cases because of public pressure.

Every now and then these highly trained professionals conclude that something simply doesn't ring true about a potential case. In that situation they advise the grand jury to not pursue it which is obviously what happened here.

To think that some professor types( who may or may not have been to a seminar of the subject) on a committee can second guess them is ludicrous. Their standard to the grand jury was less than the 50.1% standard in a civil case.

My wife and I have been very dedicated to our university and have much of our time,talent and treasure tied up in it. I frankly will be very disappointed if this young man gets railroaded for any reason other than if he did it.

Larson's folks concluded their was no reason to believe her version of the facts over his and that should be the end of it.

If the answer here is that Larson's job was to do the right thing and the committee's job was to do the politically correct thing regardless of the harm and injustice done to a young man's career I really don't have any respect for the committee,

Last edited:

I think progressive is the wrong term here in as far as it is more political spin rather than intelligent and thoughtful consideration.

I am going to say this a different way and maybe communicate a little better. Ray Larson is the most respected Prosecutor in this state. We are lucky in Fayette County and Kentucky to have him. His office has been recognized many times both statewide and nationally for their professionalism and competence. They are the office other Commonwealth Attorney's offices go to for advice when they have thorny problems.

Within their office they have a cadre of men and women who deal with crimes against women including domestic violence and date rape on a daily basis. . They include lawyers , paralegals , and victims advocates all highly dedicated and skilled in this area of the law. Their work is tough emotionally. They see it all. They have heard it all hundreds if not thousands of times. Mr. Larson and his office have a sterling reputation as being tough but fair prosecutors.

Due to the emotional attachment which inevitable comes with seeing so much of domestic violence and rape they become individuals that love to help rape victims and despise rapists. They know that they have tremendous power and can indict anyone.Thus the old adage a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich .They use their power and use it wisely. They do not abuse it. Larson's office does not shy away from controversy but they do not pursue cases because of public pressure.

Every now and then these highly trained professionals conclude that something simply doesn't ring true about a potential case. In that situation they advise the grand jury to not pursue it which is obviously what happened here.

To think that some professor types( who may or may not have been to a seminar of the subject) on a committee can second guess them is ludicrous. Their standard to the grand jury was less than the 50.1% standard in a civil case.

My wife and I have been very dedicated to our university and have much of our time,talent and treasure tied up in it. I frankly will be very disappointed if this young man gets railroaded for any reason other than if he did it.

Larson's folks concluded their was no reason to believe her version of the facts over his and that should be the end of it.

If the answer here is that Larson's job was to do the right thing and the committee's job was to do the politically correct thing regardless of the harm and injustice down to a young man's career I really don't have any respect for the committee,

This is the definitive post on the subject. Might as well lock both threads because it will be all downhill from here.

Reactions: Levibooty
Probably this is gonna turn just like the other thread into an endless circular debate about sexual assault and how it is treated differently these days by colleges as compared to our justice system rather than much factual information on Tubman's actual status or outlook on his situation.

Weather we like it or not, and I'm sure 100% on here and UK sports fan in general do not, the girl still exists.
And she is still a UK student
And she still says a former UK student who is looking to enroll again raped her
And the local authorities looked at the accusations, they did not determine one way or another who's story is most accurate
And in our current time in our society the issue of sexual assaults, especially on college campuses, especially by athletes, especially by football players, is one of the biggest talking points by powerful national media & politicians

Everything about it sucks and is unfair. UK's administration is in-between a rock & a hard place, i don't view them as the badguy some of you do. Don't allow Tubman to come back, and they piss off UK football coaches, UK football players, UK football fans.

Allow Tuman to come back, the girl & her family might raise holy hell that a rapist is being given favorable treatment because he is a football player. UK would piss off U.S. Senators, national media outlets, Justice department, and the President. Then boycotts, calls for national funding cuts, pressure on corporate sponsors to drop us, cries for females to transfer out of UK or not enroll there in the fall.

think I'm exaggerating on the risk UK is facing? then you have not been paying attention to the current feeding frenzy our society has become, where people look for the latest politically incorrect outrage and then rush to burn the perpetrator at the stake. Ask the little pizza restaurant in Indiana. Or better yet the entire state of Indiana who had the whole country seemingly jump on them with 2 feet for a silly little law that meant nothing.

Well, in effect, didn't the Board of Conduct say he is a rapist? If they are banning him from UK because of the rape allegations, then that is what they are saying. I'll say again, a group of students should never have this level of authority.

Wow. What drama. You can post all you want calling the prosecutor "Ray" and I'm not impressed. I'm definitely not impressed when you start on the "gold digger" line of reasoning. Until your last post, I thought you were reasonably calling for Tubman's release to play for us. I agree that he should play for us. But when you say that she might be a gold digger or might be trying to get even with an ex boyfriend, you lost me. You don't know what happened. Your guesses are no better than any one else's, even the rest of us that don't know him by Ray. Does Ray think he did it? Have you talked to him? I know prosecutors and they have let no true bills happen when they thought there was a guilty person, they just knew they couldn't prove it. As a lawyer, tell me what Tubman sues for. It's not defamation is it? Who is saying he did it? What false accusation is he suing on? Who said he did it other than her? Sue her if you want to sue someone. I don't know whether he raped her or not. I hope he didn't. But I'm so sick of you people saying he was wrongly accused when you don't know. There is a process. It has made a decision supposedly. Let it go. It's amazing how you people continue to call players on other teams rapists or felons and beg for Tubman to come back. Again, I hope he did not do it, but don't expect him to wear a blue uniform, but hope he does.

BBL...Ever heard the phrase "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"...There may be more to what loucat is saying than you know about

If the answer here is that Larson's job was to do the right thing and the committee's job was to do the politically correct thing regardless of the harm and injustice down to a young man's career I really don't have any respect for the committee,

Mostly correct, but youre leaving out an important step:

The case was presented to the grand jury, despite being full of holes. This case has run the course, and theres no further action to be taken on the criminal justice side of things.

Probably this is gonna turn just like the other thread into an endless circular debate about sexual assault and how it is treated differently these days by colleges as compared to our justice system rather than much factual information on Tubman's actual status or outlook on his situation.

Weather we like it or not, and I'm sure 100% on here and UK sports fan in general do not, the girl still exists.
And she is still a UK student
And she still says a former UK student who is looking to enroll again raped her
And the local authorities looked at the accusations, they did not determine one way or another who's story is most accurate
And in our current time in our society the issue of sexual assaults, especially on college campuses, especially by athletes, especially by football players, is one of the biggest talking points by powerful national media & politicians

Everything about it sucks and is unfair. UK's administration is in-between a rock & a hard place, i don't view them as the badguy some of you do. Don't allow Tubman to come back, and they piss off UK football coaches, UK football players, UK football fans.

Allow Tuman to come back, the girl & her family might raise holy hell that a rapist is being given favorable treatment because he is a football player. UK would piss off U.S. Senators, national media outlets, Justice department, and the President. Then boycotts, calls for national funding cuts, pressure on corporate sponsors to drop us, cries for females to transfer out of UK or not enroll there in the fall.

think I'm exaggerating on the risk UK is facing? then you have not been paying attention to the current feeding frenzy our society has become, where people look for the latest politically incorrect outrage and then rush to burn the perpetrator at the stake. Ask the little pizza restaurant in Indiana. Or better yet the entire state of Indiana who had the whole country seemingly jump on them with 2 feet for a silly little law that meant nothing.
In other words. Forget what is right or wrong. Forget justice. Forget doing the right thing. Just cover your ass. I get it. Don't agree with it but I understand where you are coming from. I guess we live in a new morality (if you can call it that).

Last edited:
Mostly correct, but youre leaving out an important step:

The case was presented to the grand jury, despite being full of holes. This case has run the course, and theres no further action to be taken on the criminal justice side of things.
legal folks here can correct me, but I don't think that is true. the case was not ended, it was determined that at this time there was not evidence present enough for trial. if something new were to be discovered or someone come forward, it could be picked up again.

legal folks here can correct me, but I don't think that is true. the case was not ended, it was determined that at this time there was not evidence present enough for trial. if something new were to be discovered or someone come forward, it could be picked up again.
You are correct it was dismissed without prejudice. Means it can always be brought up again if further evidence becomes available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT