ADVERTISEMENT

Is Saunders on campus?

Because he wants a second QB and Montgomery is a good one. Coen is friends with the Saunders family. If Coen stays, Stone will be coming.
Right, been known for months Coen wants 2 QBs in '25 class...that's nothing new.

Reactions: satcheluk
Good point...if he is solid, why is Coen meeting with Ryan Montgomery, another 25 QB, next week?
How dare us keep all options open 11 months from signing day!!!!!!!!! This is an outrage!!!!!!!!!!! No one ever visits and recruits more than 1 qb at a time!!!!!!!!! Fire them all!!!!!!!

y'all would be leading the charge calling this staff uncompetent morons if it was reported we WEREN'T talking to any other '25 qbs....

Reactions: delk4three
How dare us keep all options open 11 months from signing day!!!!!!!!! This is an outrage!!!!!!!!!!! No one ever visits and recruits more than 1 qb at a time!!!!!!!!! Fire them all!!!!!!!

y'all would be leading the charge calling this staff uncompetent morons if it was reported we WEREN'T talking to any other '25 qbs....

I wasnt criticizing, I was just wondering with all the smoke, if Saunders pledge was still solid, or if this news re Montgomery indicated otherwise, thats all

I think Saunders stays committed if Coen is here. But what are odds Coen isn’t able to land a ln NFL gig this off-season or after next year? It’s where he wants to be

Reactions: satcheluk
My question would be IF Coen is interested in going back to the NFL, WHY is he recruiting MULTIPLE QB's in the next 2 classes?????

I am hopeful that his agent is putting all of this out there just to get him some exposure.

We'll see. Should know something definitive by the end of this month.

Reactions: Lost In FL
Because that is his freaking job!?!? The one he is being paid for right now?!?
Then my next question would be WHY would those recruits have a desire to come to UK if the OC they want to play for is looking for the FIRST train out of here??????

Then my next question would be WHY would those recruits have a desire to come to UK if the OC they want to play for is looking for the FIRST train out of here??????
Didn't seem to bother Calipari when he was flirting with every NBA team who had a coach fired then UCLA, then Texas.

Didn't seem to bother Calipari when he was flirting with every NBA team who had a coach fired then UCLA, then Texas.
tough to compare the national perception of UK Basketball to UK Football. Coen is the draw for our offense. If he leaves we will need to hire someone similar to him.

tough to compare the national perception of UK Basketball to UK Football. Coen is the draw for our offense. If he leaves we will need to hire someone similar to him.
Makes no never mind, hauling ass is hauling ass.

Good point...if he is solid, why is Coen meeting with Ryan Montgomery, another 25 QB, next week?
Because next year we will only have two scholarship QBs and one will be an 18yo (Boley) who threw 15 interceptions this year and 24 the last two years against KY HS competition, which has his recruiting rankings in a bit of a free fall. Coen, as a coordinator, is attractive enough to fill a QB room with capable competition rather than our previous OCs which had to promise the reins to a young QB and keep their fingers crossed they panned out. It wouldn't surprise me if UK adds 1 QB for this season and another, in addition to Stone, for 2025. BTW Saunders said he welcomes the addition of Montgomery, as he loves the competition.

They aren’t as panicky as are fans.

The portal means they are no longer tied to the school. If s coach leaves, they can too. I think that part of the portal is fair.

However I do think players are just as panicky. Look at bama. Tons of guys left before giving the new coach even a chance. It happens around the nation.

I think Saunders stays committed if Coen is here. But what are odds Coen isn’t able to land a ln NFL gig this off-season or after next year? It’s where he wants to be
I heard an interesting and believable theory on 11 Personnel. They posited that Coen is interviewing, not with the idea that he was planning to get an offer, but more to keep his name in the NFL hiring managers' minds. Said other college coaches who had a long term plan of returning to the NFL have done the same. Interview each year with different teams in order to plant the seed and also learn what trends he needs to be aware of to better prepare himself as a candidate. This would make sense, if he told Stoops he's not leaving, but just going through the process.

He wouldn’t have left NFL if that was where he wanted to be. This is all about gaining some leverage and say so within this program. Stoops gotta stop handcuffing.

Gotta link?
You really think he was going to be McVay’s OC and decided he’d rather be OC in college for Mark Stoops? He’d rather be in college but he also happens to be interviewing for other NFL jobs by coincidence?

You really think he was going to be McVay’s OC and decided he’d rather be OC in college for Mark Stoops? He’d rather be in college but he also happens to be interviewing for other NFL jobs by coincidence?
Do you have a link LA let him go, essentially fired him? Didn't think so.

Reactions: JC CATS
Do you have a link LA let him go, essentially fired him? Didn't think so.
How does this work? Coen tells McVay “thanks for the opportunity but I’d rather work under Mark Stoops” and then changes his mind 11 months later to chase NFL jobs less desirable than the Rams? You’ve got your head in the sand.

How does this work? Coen tells McVay “thanks for the opportunity but I’d rather work under Mark Stoops” and then changes his mind 11 months later to chase NFL jobs less desirable than the Rams? You’ve got your head in the sand.
It was an open secret that Coen was coming back while he was still on the Rams. He never got fired. At the end of the season, he resigned and joined the UK staff. What we don't know, and it doesn't really matter, is if he was told by the Rams that he was done at the end of the year, anyway, and we'll probably never know.

Keep in mind too that being the "offensive coordinator" of the Rams is NOT as desirable as it to be the offensive coordinator of most other NFL teams.

Keep in mind too that being the "offensive coordinator" of the Rams is NOT as desirable as it to be the offensive coordinator of most other NFL teams.
I disagree. Being a coordinator for McVay frequently turns into head coaching jobs. Is there a current coach that has had more assistants hired away as head coaches than McVay?

Square your Crazy Coen Conspiracy Theory with Stoops & Coen came to an informal agreement early Dec 2022. When the Rams still had 6 games of season left.

What evidence to I have? There is zero record or media report of Stoops interviewing any OC candidates after firing Scan Dec 1 2022. None. Nobody else was considered. Leary committed 2 weeks later, again, because of trust in the informal agreement. He could have gone anywhere, but he chose UK with no idea who his OC would actually be!?!? Please, stop the stupid.

That may be why He is here for a weekend visit. I would want to ask him to his face if he is flirting with other jobs and wants out.

Reactions: catben
Square your Crazy Coen Conspiracy Theory with Stoops & Coen came to an informal agreement early Dec 2022. When the Rams still had 6 games of season left.

What evidence to I have? There is zero record or media report of Stoops interviewing any OC candidates after firing Scan Dec 1 2022. None. Nobody else was considered. Leary committed 2 weeks later, again, because of trust in the informal agreement. He could have gone anywhere, but he chose UK with no idea who his OC would actually be!?!? Please, stop the stupid.
People spinning their UK/Stoops/Coen negativity, how they get their jollies.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT