ADVERTISEMENT

How does anyone recruit at BYU? Did you know this?

Thank you for your comment. I have been a fan since the Cotton Nash days. I joined the Mormon church in 1979 while a student at UK. I have watched this board for many many years, and finally joined yesterday to respond to a post by someone noted as a "moderator". The post was ignorant to the point of being inaccurate in every single sentence. The thread was taken down by the time I made my post. I was previleged to meet Mark Pope at the 1997 regional semifinals in San Jose. Myself and 4 kids waited around after the game to see who we might meet, and Mark saw our UK gear outside the arena. He took his time to talk to my kids and signed all their shirts. He is a great guy. Will he be able to recruit at the level we need at UK? I do not know. Can he coach circles around what we have suffered through since 2015? We know the answer to that. Will we have basketball that is fun to watch? Absolutely.
Nice post. I go back to the Johnny Cox days in the late 50s. We come from a different era devoid of all the nastiness social media has wrought. So much drama here. Think I will go back to only checking in on an infrequent basis. I think we are in for a treat with Mark Pope.

Thank you for your comment. I have been a fan since the Cotton Nash days. I joined the Mormon church in 1979 while a student at UK. I have watched this board for many many years, and finally joined yesterday to respond to a post by someone noted as a "moderator". The post was ignorant to the point of being inaccurate in every single sentence. The thread was taken down by the time I made my post. I was previleged to meet Mark Pope at the 1997 regional semifinals in San Jose. Myself and 4 kids waited around after the game to see who we might meet, and Mark saw our UK gear outside the arena. He took his time to talk to my kids and signed all their shirts. He is a great guy. Will he be able to recruit at the level we need at UK? I do not know. Can he coach circles around what we have suffered through since 2015? We know the answer to that. Will we have basketball that is fun to watch? Absolutely.
Welcome.
You will just have to get used to the ignorance of some posters on this board. Just keep in mind that everyone that posts on here are not UK fans.

Some that post on here are heavy gamblers and get really irate when the Cats don't cover their bets and take it out on the coach and players. But generally are pretty good fans when there is no money on the game.

Some are heavy drinkers and the longer the game goes on the drunker and more obnoxious things they post when we are losing, but generally are pretty good fans when they are sober.

And then there are some fans who are just uneducated and ignorant to the real world through no fault of their own. If you get in a discussion with those folks, just close your browser and go to bed.

But, as a general rule, there are some very knowledgeable people who post on here. Some have some very good inside information on the teams and are willing to share even though they get attacked viscously by others who don't want to hear the truth about their favorite coach or player.

In other words, its kinda like everyone's family on here. And as long as they are true UK fans, we find a way to work things out and get along because we all love UK sports and most of all we love winning.

P.S. We are all pretty much sore losers.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Do only Catholics coach at Notre Dame?
No, but Notre Dame doesn’t make every student sign a pledge promising to live by Catholic tenets.

It’s a lot easier to be a non-catholic at Notre Dame than it is to be a non-Mormon at BYU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT