ADVERTISEMENT

Is Edwards even hurt?

I said in another thread that the conspiracy theorist in me thinks he might be done and they are going to come out with a story that he's been battling a nagging injury all year that has affected his performance and isn't going away unless he shuts it down.

They seemed ok on the bench last night, DJ & Edwards laughing the entire game. I did see DJ cheering during the game.
At this point, who cares what Edwards does. He has shown that both he & Bradshaw were vastly over rated. I would rather see Burks & Z play. At least they will give effort. All Bradshaw & Edwards give are zero's & fouls

At this point, I don’t even care. I’d just as soon run Saul Smith, Jody Thompson and Todd May out there. I’m done watching this shit. It’s like a rerun of a show you know is gonna suck but you watch it expecting a different result. It’s also referred to an INSANITY. If we had anybody at AD but this nerd Quaker, this clown would have already been shown the door.

Furthermore, wtf is wrong with DJ?! We really could’ve used him last night. I mean he played the entire game last time out. It’s just incredible, man. Rob missed the game at Arkansas.
Hey, we know how Cal likes the NBA, so maybe he’s now trying to copy their “load management” thing too.

It is odd, guys missing random games with nothing but the most vague explanation possible for the reason why. It’s like it was Dillingham’s turn to sit out at Arky, Wagner’s last night …hmm, wonder who it’ll be on Saturday?

I don't really care if he plays any more at this point. He had his chances and now we have Thiero back. Calipari won't play Edwards at the 4 and Mitchell at the 5 so I don't see a role for him.

Wagner, though, we really need him.
Don't look for Thiero to play Saturday, he hurt his back again last night.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
It was nearly unanimous on this board that Edwards didn't need to be in the lineup and the last couple games
we got that. What difference in hell does it make if he's really injured or it's a facesaving measure? We really don't need to know about every pimple on somebody's butt.

This feels like the classic Calipari move to protect the kid.

A big part of our problem last night was zero depth. While Edwards hasn’t been productive, he would have at least given guys a breather.
Who cares, Cal was playing Edwards way too many minutes for the lack of production he was getting, So what ever take Edwards off the floor is a plus.

I don't really care if he plays any more at this point. He had his chances and now we have Thiero back. Calipari won't play Edwards at the 4 and Mitchell at the 5 so I don't see a role for him.

Wagner, though, we really need him.
This is my thought as well, would prefer to see Mitchell ,Thiero and some combo of the 3 7 footers or even Burks out there over Edwards

I say klutch told him to shut it down and save what little stock he has based on “potential”. Will probably tell the NBA cal holds their guys back and say pick this guy he’s good. Calipari will likely not get another Klutch recruit (good).
Two things.
1) Edwards can't have any stock value presently. Athleticism C-, Shooting C, Effort C+, Defense, C, Driving ability C, Finishing around the rim D-, mid-range game C+, ballhandling C. He looks like the FR-version of Darius Miller out there.
2) Scouts have TVs and eyes. He has played 415 minutes. And the only player he's been more productive than is Burks (I think Burks could be good next year). Has Cal made him wear ankle weights in games, forced him to wear the wrong strength contact lenses, has Cal personally been at the rim blocking 80% of his layups and put-backs? No. It's quite clear he's been given an opportunity to succeed, and he hasn't. That is 100% on him.

And honestly, if we don't get another Klutch recruit. Well, I'm not to bothered by that. Out of 3 top-Klutch recruits we've gotten a total of 225 points and 126 rebounds. We will get 5x that many points from 1 transfer from Illinois St U.

Two things.
1) Edwards can't have any stock value presently. Athleticism C-, Shooting C, Effort C+, Defense, C, Driving ability C, Finishing around the rim D-, mid-range game C+, ballhandling C. He looks like the FR-version of Darius Miller out there.
2) Scouts have TVs and eyes. He has played 415 minutes. And the only player he's been more productive than is Burks (I think Burks could be good next year). Has Cal made him wear ankle weights in games, forced him to wear the wrong strength contact lenses, has Cal personally been at the rim blocking 80% of his layups and put-backs? No. It's quite clear he's been given an opportunity to succeed, and he hasn't. That is 100% on him.

And honestly, if we don't get another Klutch recruit. Well, I'm not to bothered by that. Out of 3 top-Klutch recruits we've gotten a total of 225 points and 126 rebounds. We will get 5x that many points from 1 transfer from Illinois St U.
Yeah I’m fine with not getting another Klutch recruit. It looks like their setting up a funnel system in USC. With AJ Dy. Being set to go there. And I agree on your analysis of Edwards but these guys got Chris Livingston drafted. So who the hell knows. At least CL could rebound.

Two things.

Darius Miller was better as a frosh.

A big part of our problem last night was zero depth. While Edwards hasn’t been productive, he would have at least given guys a breather.
His pride is hurt.

We had better options to give the guys some breathers as it was but cal chose not too. A perfectly rested and healthy Z sat the entire 2nd half and OT period last night. Even being short handed cal couldn’t find minutes for Z. Yes played first half and did ok, not great but not bad, which makes it all the more baffling as to why?

I say klutch told him to shut it down and save what little stock he has based on “potential”. Will probably tell the NBA cal holds their guys back and say pick this guy he’s good. Calipari will likely not get another Klutch recruit (good).
If that’s the case Bradshaw is next

Reactions: WildcatforLife1965
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT