ADVERTISEMENT

If we re down to drew we should hire Pitino.

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
He’s the best coach in the game outside of Hurley. He’s old but still has his edge. He has deep connections to UK and it would make a great story. The energy and excitement would be unparalleled. If we had an ad that valued our program he would hire Pitino. Bring in some guys like Padgett to his staff and others maybe Travis ford? Idk build the program and have a coach in waiting designated after 3 years. I’m gonna keep pumping it as long as names like Drew’s are going around.

a253cacb-72e5-485b-af8d-e14a4fce2e8e_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: blubo and Lazlo7
~ Pitino openly tried to undermine past coaching searches by recommending (to this day) his former players.

~ Pitino coached UL for 16 seasons. He could have gone anywhere but intentionally chose our biggest rival in spite of claiming he regretted leaving Kentucky.

~ Pitino regularly cursed at and flipped the bird to us during our rivalry games, as if he expected us to still love his cute little decision making.

~ Rick Pitino allegedly paid for a woman to have an abortion after having sex with her on a filthy dinner table for approximately 16 seconds. He stated this in court.

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS.

~ Pitino openly tried to undermine past coaching searches by recommending (to this day) his former players.

~ Pitino coached UL for 16 seasons. He could have gone anywhere but intentionally chose our biggest rival in spite of claiming he regretted leaving Kentucky.

~ Pitino regularly cursed at and flipped the bird to us during our rivalry games, as if he expected us to still love his cute little decision making.

~ Rick Pitino allegedly paid for a woman to have an abortion after having sex with her on a filthy dinner table for approximately 16 seconds. He stated this in court.

This!

Reactions: KFuqua and stuway
How many hire Pitino threads do you need to start?? You clearly see not only are you in the minority but most if us think you're not very basketball savy for suggesting such...that's putting it nicely. Please stop embarrassing yourself per usual.

Not to mention Calipari beat him almost every time they played each other. We all agree Cal is a SHIT coach. So y do we want a guy that Cal always beat? Was Cal his Kryptonite? Regardless, NO. He left Camelot and he's apart of our rich history, NOT our rich future.

Reactions: TM2013 and KFuqua

Im only concerned about going in 1 direction.

Do we have to CONTINUALLY talk about the negative things about Pitino? We all know what he has done. And it was bad, really bad. But sometimes it sounds like a broken record. Given a choice, I would love to have Hurley, etc. But rather than take a chance on an unknown or someone like BCG, I would rather have Pitino for a very limited time in order to get a great choice 1-3 years down the road. But whatever UK does, just stop with the Pitino bashing/jokes...unless the person saying those things is perfect and hasn't made mistakes. Then you would have the right to judge. Otherwise, no. Just stop.

This is like your 50th thread on this. We get it, you're a fan of a man, not a school.

No one wants the crypt keeper. The 90s aren't coming back. You keep advocating for a guy who couldn't beat the guy we just got rid of.

He’s the best coach in the game outside of Hurley. He’s old but still has his edge. He has deep connections to UK and it would make a great story. The energy and excitement would be unparalleled. If we had an ad that valued our program he would hire Pitino. Bring in some guys like Padgett to his staff and others maybe Travis ford? Idk build the program and have a coach in waiting designated after 3 years. I’m gonna keep pumping it as long as names like Drew’s are going around.
I'll take Pitino over Droppy Drew.

Let’s not forget he hired underage prostitutes to solicit to recruits. Minors. All of them. Anyone with a daughter, niece, or younger sister should be absolutely disgusted by the thought of him coming back to Lexington.

It is mind blowing how low some of y’all’s moral standards for the position that represents our state on par with our congressmen and senators. He fled the country for Greece when that was unfolding for crying out loud.

He’s a hell of a coach and I don’t think we have to hire a priest. But hiring someone like Pitino who has the moral compass of a child predator just doesn’t jive with me. I cannot and will not support a program that hires him as a coach.

And I don’t care that I’m beating a dead horse. Some are saying “quit bringing up his past, we get it!” Do you? Have you sat and thought about what he actually did? It’s awful. He doesn’t deserve the glory of being UK’s head coach again. He belongs in jail and nothing more. And if you don’t want to hear us bring up his past, then quit making this absurd recommendation.

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
Do we have to CONTINUALLY talk about the negative things about Pitino? We all know what he has done. And it was bad, really bad. But sometimes it sounds like a broken record. Given a choice, I would love to have Hurley, etc. But rather than take a chance on an unknown or someone like BCG, I would rather have Pitino for a very limited time in order to get a great choice 1-3 years down the road. But whatever UK does, just stop with the Pitino bashing/jokes...unless the person saying those things is perfect and hasn't made mistakes. Then you would have the right to judge. Otherwise, no. Just stop.

I am perfectly capable of judging a man's character by his court confessions, lack of empathy and outright disgust for our fanbase.

You are deluded and, yes, we do need to talk continually about the vile things he has done since leaving UK because otherwise we'd just be talking about a washed up coach who hasn't won anything in the past decade.

Does that work better for you Susan? Cause I know damn sure that I didn't solicit prostitutes for minors, have an affair in a restaurant or cover it up with abortion hush money.

Let’s not forget he hired underage prostitutes to solicit to recruits. Minors. All of them. Anyone with a daughter, niece, or younger sister should be absolutely disgusted by the thought of him coming back to Lexington.

It is mind blowing how low some of y’all’s moral standards for the position that represents our state on par with our congressmen and senators. He fled the country for Greece when that was unfolding for crying out loud.

He’s a hell of a coach and I don’t think we have to hire a priest. But hiring someone like Pitino who has the moral compass of a child predator just doesn’t jive with me. I cannot and will not support a program that hires him as a coach.

And I don’t care that I’m beating a dead horse. Some are saying “quit bringing up his past, we get it!” Do you? Have you sat and thought about what he actually did? It’s awful. He doesn’t deserve the glory of being UK’s head coach again. He belongs in jail and nothing more. And if you don’t want to hear us bring up his past, then quit making this absurd recommendation.
Rick didn't hire anyone, Andre did.
Rick has to own it as far as the NCAA is concerned but he didn't break any laws and I guarantee you didn't know who the hell Katina Powell was.
Katina had a past history with UL players and Andre knew she would be cheap entertainment for recruits etc.
Rick is"white bread" as they come.
He may know how to coach players but he has no idea how to relate in a social settings.
Why do you think all major programs have Af. Am. assistants as their lead recruiters?
Denny Crum got in trouble for basically the same thing with Larry Gay and Jimmy Thompson who wasn't even a UL employee just a hanger on.
UL has always tried to run a hip urban program with predominantly black players with a white coach in charge.
In both cases Crum and Pitino let their assistants has autonomy in dealing with players.

• Haha
Rick didn't hire anyone, Andre did.
Rick has to own it as far as the NCAA is concerned but he didn't break any laws and I guarantee you didn't know who the hell Katina Powell was.
Katina had a past history with UL players and Andre knew she would be cheap entertainment for recruits etc.
Rick is"white bread" as they come.
He may know how to coach players but he has no idea how to relate in a social settings.
Why do you think all major programs have Af. Am. assistants as their lead recruiters?
Denny Crum got in trouble for basically the same thing with Larry Gay and Jimmy Thompson who wasn't even a UL employee just a hanger on.
UL has always tried to run a hip urban program with predominantly black players with a white coach in charge.
In both cases Crum and Pitino let their assistants has autonomy in dealing with players.
Rick has shown his character on multiple occasions and no one here was buying he was innocent until recently and the only ones do are the ones who want him back.

He’s the most unethical coach still active in division 1 and it isn’t even close. No thank you.

And even if he was squeaky clean, he isn’t exactly tearing it up. He’s 71 and the last time he coached in Kentucky, despite all the cheating he did (sorry, all the cheating his assistants did that poor ol Rick knew nothing about 🙄) he got owned by the coach that just left.

As Rick would say: 90s Rick Pitino isn’t walking through that door. It’s not a whole lot different from MDwildcats still expecting Cal to suddenly transform back into 09-15 Calipari. Neither are going to happen.

• Love
Rick has shown his character on multiple occasions and no one here was buying he was innocent until recently and the only ones do are the ones who want him back.

He’s the most unethical coach still active in division 1 and it isn’t even close. No thank you.

And even if he was squeaky clean, he isn’t exactly tearing it up. He’s 71 and the last time he coached in Kentucky, despite all the cheating he did (sorry, all the cheating his assistants did that poor ol Rick knew nothing about 🙄) he got owned by the coach that just left.

As Rick would say: 90s Rick Pitino isn’t walking through that door. It’s not a whole lot different from MDwildcats still expecting Cal to suddenly transform back into 09-15 Calipari. Neither are going to happen.
I don't want him back just don't think he did anything criminal.
The whole thing was such a public fiasco with the book and radio interviews, if anything had been there he would have been charged.
Even Andre wasn't charged and he was in it directly.
Katina is also not the most credible witness either.
If Katina doesn't roll, they get away with all of it.
Sex has been used in recruiting forever.

I don't want him back just don't think he did anything criminal.
The whole thing was such a public fiasco with the book and radio interviews, if anything had been there he would have been charged.
Even Andre wasn't charged and he was in it directly.
Katina is also not the most credible witness either.
If Katina doesn't roll, they get away with all of it.
Sex has been used in recruiting forever.
You know maybe he didn’t orchestrate it but I have a hard time believing he didn’t what was going on or what kind of people were on his staff. If this was the only questionable thing he ever did, I’d probably be of your opinion on this.

I’m not saying college coaches are a bunch of saints, I’m just saying I think Pitino has one of the worst characters in their ranks.

People of his wealth and status also have a way of getting away with things. No one on Epstein’s list has been charged either.

I dont get people wanting Pitino. Granted he is still a decent coach...but he is 71 years old. We would most likely go through another head coaching search probably pretty soon after hiring him.

Bring back the madam of the best little whore house in Louisville?

yeah, lets hire the guy who is known for having his staff hire prostitutes for high school recruits. Giving them money to throw at the prostitutes and coercing them to have sex with the prostitutes.

UK is not down to Drew! Do rational people really think 4-5 guys ahead of Drew all turned down $60-$100 million dollar contracts at the greatest stage in CBB?

Damn, that must suck to be that naive!

UK is not down to Drew! Do rational people really think 4-5 guys ahead of Drew all turned down $60-$100 million dollar contracts at the greatest stage in CBB?

Damn, that must suck to be that naive!
There never was 4-5 guys ahead of Drew in the first place.

So maybe if the OP stops bringing him up, then those insults will stop if you act like he’s some type of good man on a personal level you’re wrong

Results wise, I think Pitino would be fine. It’s every other category that prevents him from being seriously considered.

All of this! BUT.... if you wanted to make the biggest FU hire to Calipari. He would be it and Pitino would be motivated beyond belief to show up Cal.

That's the biggest problem for the future of our program. Other programs like Duke and UNC have established a coach in waiting or established a mentorship for potential candidates.

We need someone with a finger on the pulse of our program. Someone who understands the tradition and what BBN expects from their coach. Giving Pitino 3-4 years would unit the fanbase and surpass the excitement of when Calipari was initially hired.
Meanwhile, use the time to groom your next coach to establish program identity and provide continuity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT