ADVERTISEMENT

If Stoops Succeeds at UK - Will He Stay?

I don't want to be naive with my head in the sand like Louisville fans. They never think a football coach would leave because UofL is a destination job, a top program, best facilities, etc.

To me, we just need to step back and look at it from a basketball perspective. Look what Cal did at Memphis. He turned it into a powerhouse, and was getting some of the nation's best recruits. When a (THE) top job came calling, he had to leave. How could he not? Same here. If Stoops builds a winner at Kentucky, that will say a ton about his coaching ability and recruiting ability. He'll have to listen. If it is an Ohio State, Alabama, Florida State, USC, etc - it's hard to turn down those jobs and resources.

But you never know. He saw something in Kentucky, and told Mitch he would build a winner if he gave him the investment he wanted in facilities. He got that. Maybe he is one of those coaches that comes along and chooses to build his own legacy at a school while turning down offers to go to bigger and better places (Paterno, Crum, Donovan).

I love his intensity. Would love to see 7-5 or 8-4 this season, and continue building on the momentum. The fans have to do our part this fall. EVERY GAME. Fill it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT