ADVERTISEMENT

I Have Had It!!

Feb 18, 2012
North-ish
This fat tub of lard that I work for has got to go. I'm tired of being worked like a slave every day. See, my boss has a very firm deadline to get things done, and he puts it off every. damn. year.

Each year, we slide in right under the deadline and get the job done, and we all celebrate and eat and drink for a week or two. He gives us all a two week break, and we're back at our workstations refreshed and ready to go. This piece of crap takes like two or three more weeks off, going God knows where (without his wife, I might add) and stumbles into work about a month-and-a-half later. Meanwhile, we sit around twiddling our thumbs waiting for our directives. Once he finally sobers up and detoxes off all the sweets, we're like a month behind schedule.

We ask him what we should work on and he feeds us some line about seeing what the market gives us this season and then it's another two weeks of sitting in his office, with only visits from his 'nieces', as he calls them.

Finally, he bursts out of his office and gives us our plans for the year and we get to work. About a week later he figures out that we're all waaay behind and starts making us work weekends and holidays and staying late. I missed my kids getting their easter baskets, this year, even though that hack hardly ever come though with anything worthwhile. ooooooooh, an egg. we're soooo impressed .....

So, now we stay late nights and work our fingers to the bones trying to meet this deadline again, while fatso stands over us struggling to breathe and smelling like old milk.

I know what you're saying. Why don't you just quit? I wish it was that easy. First of all, relocation is a bitch. No one is really looking for a house in our neighborhood. Secondly, me and my family have been in this business for a really long time, and I don't have any other marketable skills, really.

Thanks for letting me vent. He'll probably call me into that saloon he calls an office because he'll see that I sent this message, but he can't fire me. I know too much. I swear, I think the dude watches us when we sleep ...

You have plenty of marketable skills, Buddy. I, for one, appreciate all you have done.

Without your brilliant engineering skills and ingenuity, my Sega Genesis, N64, Pop-a-Shot, even my sweet season passes to King's Island would have never been possible.

I'm rooting for you. Maybe someday he'll die. Or you will first. I'm not sure how that works.

Reactions: JumperJack
Sounds like a sob story from a foreigner trying to scam up a sponsor. We've had about enough of your kind coming here taking jobs from hard working Americans. Don't like your job then go tell your emperor or whatever and then enjoy your time in the gulag. We have things called freedom and liberty here and they ain't free and they don't run.

Time to build that fence!
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Why don't you just bake cookies for a living like your friends.
keebler_2.jpg

Reactions: maverick1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT