ADVERTISEMENT

I Don't Usually Get Scoop....BUT

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
I was told by someone very in-the-know about one more name of someone that may be shortly entering the portal as a grad transfer option that Kentucky is already looking at.

Jordan Brown from Louisiana.

Started his career at Arizona.

6'11 Center

Averaged 19 PPG
9RPG
57% FG

Had 16 points and 7 boards against Tennessee in the NCAA Tournament.

Has 1 more COVID year if he wants to use it, could grad transfer since he's played 4 years.

A name to watch.

I don't usually have scoop (because I never ask this person for scoop) and have never tried to before, so this isn't an attention thing. But he offered this up.

Take it for what it's worth.

I was told by someone very in-the-know about one more name of someone that may be shortly entering the portal as a grad transfer option that Kentucky is already looking at.

6'11 Center

Averaged 19 PPG
9RPG
57% FG

Has 1 more COVID year if he wants to use it, could grad transfer since he's played 4 years.

A name to watch.

I don't usually have scoop (because I never ask this person for scoop) and have never tried to before, so this isn't an attention thing. But he offered this up.

Would he be interested if we land Cyril to pair with Ugonna? Not sure he'd want to spend his final year battling those two for playing time.

I trust you. If this happened it could lift us up to Sweet-16 caliber. Provided we did net one more highly playable sharpshooter.

Reactions: K_TIME
I have a guy who gets info sometimes. He told me like three weeks ago that the staff would be interested if he pulled out of draft and they had let his people know. So your news adds up to what this guy told me. I haven’t talked to him since, maybe I text him tomorrow morning.

Love it. Thanks for verifying.

Would be interested to hear his thoughts if you do text him tomorrow.

Newsflash to everyone on this board. No player with any balls wants to come off the bench.

100% agree we take him though. If ugonna don't like it he is stuck here another season anyways.
Hell yes we get him if he's interested. we have 7 players..add Cyril, Burks and Brown and that's 10. If Reeves ever decides that's 11 possible and if Reeves bolts then TRY to grab the best shooter we can find

Ugo doesn’t want to come off the bench.

This dude doesn’t want to back Ugo up.

So this guy will not be at UK.
Then take Brown and Cyril and tell Onyenso to hit the bricks if he doesn’t want to compete for minutes.

I personally think those two are better than Onyenso.

I usually side with the players we already have in house, but we need talent and can’t be held hostage by these kids.

Then take Brown and Cyril and tell Onyenso to hit the bricks if he doesn’t want to compete for minutes.

I personally think those two are better than Onyenso.

I usually side with the players we already have in house, but we need talent and can’t be held hostage by these kids.

To be fair, he kind of just invented the scenario and then got mad about it.

I haven't seen anything saying that Ugo is unwilling to come off the bench and/or would transfer.

To be fair, he kind of just invented the scenario and then got mad about it.

I haven't seen anything saying that Ugo is unwilling to come off the bench and/or would transfer.
Wtf?

Who got mad about it?

You think Ugo wants to come off the bench? You think he and his people haven’t been excited about Oscar moving on and opening the door for him to showcase his talents?

You bring in this dude - which, given the off-season we’ve had is highly unlikely to happen anyway - and Ugo isn’t going to be happy and there will be lockeroom issues.

Reactions: seccats04

6'11 Center

Averaged 19 PPG
9RPG
57% FG

A name to watch.

Tampa cat, the new insider let’s go

Wtf?

Who got mad about it?

You think Ugo wants to come off the bench? You think he and his people haven’t been excited about Oscar moving on and opening the door for him to showcase his talents?

You bring in this dude - which, given the off-season we’ve had is highly unlikely to happen anyway - and Ugo isn’t going to be happy and there will be lockeroom issues.
That’s possible. Or he might accept his role coming off the bench.

We don’t know him personally, so we are speculating.

Either way, we need another 5 man. Onyenso can’t play 40 minutes.

So if Brown wants to come here, we have to take him.

I would take my chances.

I would rather have Onyenso pouting in the locker room over him being our only true 5 man on the roster.

I would take my chances.

I would rather have Onyenso pouting in the locker room over him being our only true 5 man on the roster.
No doubt we’re speculating. But this whole thread is speculating. And OP’s “scoop” is not that Brown has any interest whatsoever in attending UK, but rather than UK has interest (as several other teams also will) in acquiring Brown.

I would take my chances.

Lol, that's what I was saying, just pure speculation, but not getting into it.

Reactions: westerncat
No doubt we’re speculating. But this whole thread is speculating. And OP’s “scoop” is not that Brown has any interest whatsoever in attending UK, but rather than UK has interest (as several other teams also will) in acquiring Brown.
Yes, you are correct, it is all purely speculation at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT