A. Reeves, G31278/12.6672/5.4009/91.00004430020
R. Dillingham, G27165/12.4171/5.2005/7.71404440021
T. Mitchell, F28155/51.0001/11.0004/41.00012330112
A. Bradshaw, F25115/8.6250/2.0001/2.50024602213
R. Sheppard, G3092/5.4002/5.4003/31.00002262002
D. Wagner, G2673/8.3751/4.2500/0.00003321020
U. Onyenso, F1731/11.0000/0.0001/2.50015600401
J. Edwards, G1621/3.3330/1.0000/0.00011220020

1. Edwards is Mark Coury. Calipari has absolutely no justification for starting this kid, it's an absolute JOKE. He brings nothing to the table at all. He singlehandedly gave up nearly our entire lead in the first few minutes of the second half.

2. DJ is so-so. If he can beat his man to the paint he's got nice hops and scoop skills, but that's about it. 26 minutes and only 2 assists? Come on, even Dilly had 4. You're the damn POINT GUARD, son.

3. Sheppard still isn't shooting enough. I see Dilly and DJ driving the lane and realize they should be LOOKING for Sheppard who is the team's best shooter hands down. It's downright criminal the way Shep is being ignored on the floor. FIVE SHOTS? For cripes sakes.

4. Reeves is the workhorse. Dude carries this team and he is such a versatile scorer. We'd be mud without him.

5. Mitchell was good tonight. 5/5 from the field and 4/4 from the line. Literally impeccable stats and 3 dimes to boot. Ugo was good and Bradshaw was good too.

6. Good thing we played at home against a weak shooting team, if we don't get Thiero back soon we're going to be in for a world of hurt.

I agree with pretty much all of your points.

Think it's time to put Edwards on the bench to start and let Shep start.

I agree that DJ was so-so today but not overall, he has been on a tear lately, 5 or 6 straight games with 14 or more I think.

Mitchell, Ugo and Reeves were all outstanding in their roles tonight.

I agree that DJ was so-so today but not overall, he has been on a tear lately, 5 or 6 straight games with 14 or more I think.

I honestly couldn't care less about DJ's points production. As a PG, his job is to maximize his team's efficiency. That means get the ball to Reeves and Shep in positions where they are open to shoot shots. He's not looking for them and that's subpar in my view.

Reactions: chroix
I honestly couldn't care less about DJ's points production. As a PG, his job is to maximize his team's efficiency. That means get the ball to Reeves and Shep in positions where they are open to shoot shots. He's not looking for them and that's subpar in my view.

I mean you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

But I think he shares the ball a ton, the first few games he was hunting shots, but I have not seen that from him since November to be honest.

I don't think any analyst or scout in America would say DJ has been subpar this season, he has been excellent and consistent, and we saw what this team looks like without him (UNC-W). Jimmy Dykes talked tonight as well about how he is our toughest and most physical perimeter defender- sets the tone.

Truly don't think a single expert in the country would say he has been subpar this year.

I mean you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

But I think he shares the ball a ton, the first few games he was hunting shots, but I have not seen that from him since November to be honest.

I don't think any analyst or scout in America would say DJ has been subpar this season, he has been excellent and consistent, and we saw what this team looks like without him (UNC-W). Jimmy Dykes talked tonight as well about how he is our toughest and most physical perimeter defender- sets the tone.

Truly don't think a single expert in the country would say he has been subpar this year.
He had two assists tonight. In 26 minutes.

Dilly, a scorer, had 4 in 27 minutes.

Can I be greedy and ask for just a few minutes of a small ball lineup of Wagner/Dilly/Reeves/Sheppard/Mitchell? LOL Otherwise, if we don't go with Edwards to start and Adou still out, maybe we go with Wagner/Reeves/Sheppard/Mitchell/Bradshaw (Ugo).

Reactions: Tampa_cat54

Um no, Reed is playing great were he’s at. We don’t need to do anything different other than rebound and better defense

Um no, Reed is playing great were he’s at. We don’t need to do anything different other than rebound and better defense

Hey fair enough, I have no issue with anyone wanting to keep things the way they are from a lineup standpoint for sure.

I thought Bradshaw had a pretty good game tonight, as for Wagner I thonk he needs to be a2. The ball moves so much better when Reed or Dilly is at the point.

He had two assists tonight. In 26 minutes.

Dilly, a scorer, had 4 in 27 minutes.

I mean yeah man, some nights go like that- the way this team moves the ball, DJ, Reed, Dilly, etc. all get a ton of "Hockey" assists, where they start the action and kick it to (insert player here) who then can kick it to someone else for the shot. DJ initiates so much of that as the lead guard, and isn't always credited with an assist.

Not a single player on this team is selfish, they ALL move the ball like crazy, which is why we are 2nd in the league in Assists, and we have 4 players in the Top-15 of the league in assists this season (DJ Wagner being one of them).

I mean yeah man, some nights go like that- the way this team moves the ball, DJ, Reed, Dilly, etc. all get a ton of "Hockey" assists, where they start the action and kick it to (insert player here) who then can kick it to someone else for the shot. DJ initiates so much of that as the lead guard, and isn't always credited with an assist.

Not a single player on this team is selfish, they ALL move the ball like crazy, which is why we are 2nd in the league in Assists, and we have 4 players in the Top-15 of the league in assists this season (DJ Wagner being one of them).

On the season, Shep has 67 assists, Dilly has 65, Mitchell has 54, and DJ has 51. The starting point guard on the team is FOURTH on the team in assists. That's not a "hockey" problem.

When this team shoots 30% from 3, the wrong guys are taking the shots.

Sheppard and Reeves need to shoot more.

I’m good with Mitchell and Dillingham taking some, though Dillingham sometimes forces them. Mitchell usually only takes good shots.

Wagner, Edwards, and Bradshaw need to shoot less.

It’s a crime that Sheppard doesn’t get more shots.

Of course, part of that is because he is as good of a passer as he is a shooter, so he passes up good looks to get his teammates shots.

It’s a crime that Sheppard doesn’t get more shots.

Of course, part of that is because he is as good of a passer as he is a shooter, so he passes up good looks to get his teammates shots.
I think part of the reason Sheppard shoots so well from 3 is because he's very good at picking his spots. I dont know if he's taken a forced shot all year. He could take more and make a lesser percentage, or keep picking his spots and shoot 50% from 3. I dont know how realistic is to maintain his current shooting percentage if he starts taking more and lesser quality shots.

At the end of the day he's a great passer with very high basketball IQ. Once he touches the ball it doesn't really matter if he put the ball through the net or passed it to someone else who did. Points are points.

I think part of the reason Sheppard shoots so well from 3 is because he's very good at picking his spots. I dont know if he's taken a forced shot all year. He could take more and make a lesser percentage, or keep picking his spots and shoot 50% from 3. I dont know how realistic is to maintain his current shooting percentage if he starts taking more and lesser quality shots.

At the end of the day he's a great passer with very high basketball IQ. Once he touches the ball it doesn't really matter if he put the ball through the net or passed it to someone else who did. Points are points.
Yet another putdown of Sheppard from you. Do you have some sort of agenda against him or something? It's not that he's a great shooter, no, it's that he just picks his spots very carefully. Jeezus, you are a nasty individual. All just to protect Cal from criticism.

Yet another putdown of Sheppard from you. Do you have some sort of agenda against him or something? It's not that he's a great shooter, no, it's that he just picks his spots very carefully. Jeezus, you are a nasty individual. All just to protect Cal from criticism.
How exactly was that a put down? He’s saying he has a high basketball iq which is a compliment

Reactions: gharding07
@UKBB4Ever good call, bro! Stellar even! 🤣
Matt Jones never knows anything. We don't need Reeves. Reeves needs UK. But he obviously doesn't want to be a practice player. UK has moved on from Reeves but left the door open if he wants to remain on the team. It's completely up to Reeves. We are no better or worse no matter what he decides. He's a non factor.

Reeves minutes will dwindle to almost nothing by Feb.

Reeves will be on the bench sooner than later.

Too many players better than him.

When his shot is on he’s on. Other than that he brings nothing to the team.
If only I had more than 5 minutes, this could go on and on. LOL

Most things have already been discussed. One thing I noticed is that UK had a pretty nice FT discrepancy, in attempts and makes.

Now, we likely deserve that, because of our lack of defense and MSU being very defensive-driven. But keep in mind, we don't always get those calls at home, and we CERTAINLY wouldn't on the road. The outcome of this game could be very different if the SEC decided it wanted to help MSU get a signature win.

Do you really think Shep would shoot 50+% on double the attempts from 3pt? That's greater than Steph Curry good.

Reactions: gharding07
How exactly was that a put down? He’s saying he has a high basketball iq which is a compliment
He's pushing a narrative in other threads that Sheppard is purposely passing up open shots. It's a backhanded attempt to discredit him while providing cover for Calipari for not running plays for him. I'm kind of surprised you're not familiar with this troll's work. He's one of Cal's prized shield bearers.

Reactions: crestcat
would you please explain ? is this sarcasm or am I missing how his post is criticizing Reed/

I thought Bradshaw had a pretty good game tonight, as for Wagner I thonk he needs to be a2. The ball moves so much better when Reed or Dilly is at the point.
Yes, Wagner pulls the ball out a little too much instead of passing to the post or wings. He’s trying to set up a driving lane to exploit ( and, he’s really good at it). But, it slows the offense down and gets us into a stagnant flow at times. There are times when we need his driving ability and other times when we’re better off with Shep or Dilly running point. With Dilly, you know something is going to happen soon, whether good or bad (he’s a little reckless).

I say let's find out. Why in the UNIVERSE would anyone NOT want Sheppard shooting 10 threes a night?
The thing that makes Shepherd remarkable is that he is constantly hunting the best shot...and realizes that any shot he can shoot isn't necessarily the best shot. Sometimes the players take bad shots...but rarely does Shepherd.

I say let's continue to run the offense the way it is currently. 90 pts per game is pretty outstanding. Defense and rebounding needs to be the focus. And clearly it was last night as we were markedly better in both in the first half.

Reactions: ukcatz12
Lol, yeah I just hate the kid...
Sheppard is so good. At this point I'd almost sell a kidney to get him back next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT