ADVERTISEMENT

How many of you almost never watch NBA

Not really. I also don't watch college basketball much outside of UK games and even those are a chore most seasons now.

Same with college football and NFL. UK and titans mostly. Don't have time to watch sports all weekend and every night like I did when younger.

I watch the NBA every time I get a chance. Best basketball in the world. I DVR the NBA show on ESPN everyday and watch it when I get home.

The only college games I watch involve UK. I haven't watched a college game that didn't UK in probably 20 years. It's just a terrible game. Coaches, officials and administrators ruined the college decades ago and have no intentions of fixing it. And the SEC is the worst basketball conference since they just don't care. They have the worst officials, the dumbest rules and most directed at UK. Every school in the SEC wants UK to come play in their hell hole every year. Then once we are out of SEC play they all root against us.
This explains why you think calipari is doing a great job. If you actually watched what everyone else has been doing, you wouldn't work so hard to defend the 6 wins Cal has over ranked teams (in 22 tries) and recruiting banners.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Not much. I’m not trying to make any kind of statement, it’s just that between working full time, being married, having to keep up with basic chores at home, etc., I just don’t have time to watch sports non-stop like I did as a teen/college student. I don’t have much personal connection to any of the NBA teams, so that usually doesn’t make the cut for what I do watch.

I really want to get into it, I just can't. I thinks it's that I don't really have a team I cheer for.

Just wondered . I haven’t watched more than a few minutes of an NBA game in five years . Used to watch only the finals but stopped that . Find it extremely boring .

the only thing I care about is watching UK basketball and the better college games .
Am ,I alone In this or are there other college only fans on this board?
I'm with ya with both the NBA and NFL. When it comes to college football, I'd rather watch UNLV @ Utah State on a random Thursday night than watch any NFL game. I haven't watched an NBA game in years and probably never will again. Pretty much the same with college basketball over the pros. I'd be more inclined to watch a Princeton/Cornell basketball game than I would the Lakers vs. Warriors.

Reactions: cat tat2
Just wondered . I haven’t watched more than a few minutes of an NBA game in five years . Used to watch only the finals but stopped that . Find it extremely boring .

the only thing I care about is watching UK basketball and the better college games .
Cannot stand NBA.

I watch some playoff games. That game they play in the NBA regular season looks like the first KY game in November. It sure ain’t basketball

Subscribe to NBA League Pass on Direct TV and basically flip from game to game from about 7:30 to 10 PM every night before I go to bed. I DVR late games to watch the end of important games. The level of skill and athleticism makes college players look like middle schoolers. Don't get me wrong, I watch college games too. But it is usually a team from the top 10 or UK playing whoever. And the NCAA tourney of course which is my favorite thing to watch besides the NBA Playoffs. Watch occasional pro football and baseball but it has to be a DVRed game that I can fast forward through huddles and pitches.

Reactions: JDHoss
I watch a little in regular season if I stumble upon it, but watch most all the playoffs.
The players are just so damn good. Amazes me sometimes what they do. Jokic is on a level by himself. Butler is incredible. Many more.

The Playoffs are fun. You just don't see the things they do anywhere else, and what I think ppl overlook is they make it look easy and like they arent trying bc everyone is that good. That shot Jokic hit tonight was unreal and it was like nothing to him....and over AD. Literally no ome could shoot over AD at the college level.

This is one of the issues... It isn't that they don't try. They are just that damn good. Steph curry is blanketed an entire game and still puts up 30 . Jokic is unreal. Things that the 20th best player today is doing, was a top 5 level player 25 years ago.

Subscribe to NBA League Pass on Direct TV and basically flip from game to game from about 7:30 to 10 PM every night before I go to bed. I DVR late games to watch the end of important games. The level of skill and athleticism makes college players look like middle schoolers. Don't get me wrong, I watch college games too. But it is usually a team from the top 10 or UK playing whoever. And the NCAA tourney of course which is my favorite thing to watch besides the NBA Playoffs. Watch occasional pro football and baseball but it has to be a DVRed game that I can fast forward through huddles and pitches.
League Pass is a great deal. Love watching the NBA. The ball movement, pace of the game, the athleticism and skill level are off the charts. Of course, these guys are the best players on the planet. About the only college basketball I watch are UK and the ETSU games that I can get on ESPN+ that don't clash with a UK game. Love watching the low & mid-major tournaments during championship week and the first weekend of the NCAAT. After that, it becomes a matter of how far UK advances. When the Cats are done, so am I. The college game in general is just absolute garbage to watch, with games becoming rock fights way more often than not with sloppy play, poor shooting, and horrific officiating. The college game is in dire need of officiating and rules overhaul.

I've never cared for or followed the NBA. And college basketball has been so horrible for the past decade + that I barely watch it anymore either....usually only when UK plays. The quality of play is awful and the constant stoppages in play has made the game incredibly boring. So I've pretty much stopped watching basketball entirely. The one and done crap and the transfer portal has honestly made me care even less.

I watched 2 min of BOS/PHI game 7. What a wretched game for a 'Game 7'.
If LeBron is on, I'm not going there.

Despite all the UK ties, its not worth promoting what they're selling.
And for those who don't watch it at all, you'll see Cal only bring more of the NBA here.

Basketball is truly becoming what was once fantastic to watch to just another bad option on TV.

Reactions: Jireh
Haven't watched it in years. Too woke for me. Same goes for the NFL, though I do miss watching that.
Mind explaining this one? I don't watch the regular season but these Playoffs have been fun. When I tune in all I'm seeing is basketball being played. People now days use the word "woke" to just use it, so whatever 'woke" is, it's quickly losing whatever meaning it had. I've joked that someone would blame wokeness if a piece of their popcorn hit the ground and I think that's where we're heading. So if you don't mind, please give us more of an explanation than "woke" since I'm not seeing what you assume you'd see if you actually tuned in.

This is one of the issues... It isn't that they don't try. They are just that damn good. Steph curry is blanketed an entire game and still puts up 30 . Jokic is unreal. Things that the 20th best player today is doing, was a top 5 level player 25 years ago.
This is what happens when the rules are slanted in favor of an offensive player and hamstrings a defensive player. It becomes easier to put up gaudy stats. I'm not saying the players of today aren't really good, I'm just saying that they wouldn't be putting up these kinds of numbers 25 years ago.

Never watch

Started watching in the early 80s and still watch now. The athleticism is tenfold what it used to be. Most of the guys from the 80s wouldn't find a roster spot in the G League nowadays. I know some people long for the days of "real basketball" when guys would get clotheslined for entering the lane, but today's NBA is light years ahead of where it was even 10 years ago. Even as a diehard UK fan, I find it tough to watch college hoops anymore because it is so inferior to the pro game.

Reactions: JDHoss
This is what happens when the rules are slanted in favor of an offensive player and hamstrings a defensive player. It becomes easier to put up gaudy stats. I'm not saying the players of today aren't really good, I'm just saying that they wouldn't be putting up these kinds of numbers 25 years ago.
Yeah I remember players bombing step back 3s from 35 feet 25 years ago (eye roll). Craig Hodges and Steve Kerr were the knock down shooters from the Jordan teams. There shots were mostly stand still jumpers from just behind the line. Hell, All threes were pretty much just behind the line. The range of the players nowadays is crazy and the handles are unbelievable. I really think the AND 1 Phenomenon of the 2000s lead to more NBA players improving their ability to handle the ball thus enhancing their ability to create their own shot. The biggest and only thing I really hate about the NBA is something that has been going on since the 60s. ISO ball where the players back their defenders down or shoot a fade away. I really hate when the player is allowed to palm the ball constantly while backing down the defender. The player should be made to beat the defender off the dribble though basketball handling skills rather than palm the ball and bully their man backwards.

I've definitely watch more on the playoffs than the regular season, but I have the league pass for a reason. The talent level in the NBA is obsurd. It's hard to watch college sometimes after watching the NBA. I partially blame Cal for my lack of enthusiasm for college basketball though lol

I don’t watch the regular season but check the box scores for former Cats daily. During the playoffs, I watch almost nightly. It’s the best basketball on the planet. I’m unsure how one could be a basketball fan and not admit the same. The college game runs at half the speed, skill, and athleticism (if even that much).

I'll watch the playoffs if a former UK player is playing. It was fun to watch Fox and Monk against warriors this year. And Murray has been fun to watch. Don't watch any during year

But when its on TNT Barkley and Shaq and them are funny to watch. They make it entertaining.

Never.

It’s turned into 5 v 5 NBA Jams. Boring AF. Featuring grown men whining and crying and mean mugging relentlessly.

I liked it growing up in the 80's with Bird, Dr. J and Magic. The bad Boys in Detroit. The 90's were good with Jordan, but after that I stopped caring. I did like the Knicks with Ewing as I am from NY.

I watch a ton more of college ball but I watch the NBA quite a bit too, almost exclusively UK players tho. The NBA playoffs are fun, idc what anyone says.

99.99 percent of the basketball I watch is UK. I will tune in to any high-stakes sporting event, such as the NBA semifinals or finals, especially if the teams are of interest to me (as in the case of Murray's Nuggets or Bam and Herro's Heat). But I figured out several years ago that though I will watch UK religiously, basketball as a sport in general doesn't hold much spectatorial interest for me. I would much rather watch a random CFB game than a random CBB game. To some extent, this is also a matter of time management for me. I will watch highlights of any competitive event you can name--badminton top ten? I'm down--but if Kentucky is not playing, I will rarely make time for a full game of any sport.

It has turned into an awful product. When teams routinely score 115-120 points per game and nearly every possession ends in either a wide open three or a layup, each possession and basket is devalued. It's like if every MLB game ended 14-10, you wouldn't blink an eye if a team went up 1-0 or 2-0. There's a reason you see so many 40, 50 and 60 point games now and it's not just pace or "elite shotmaking!!"

I still tune in from time to time but I don't enjoy it. Just far better things to watch.

Mind explaining this one? I don't watch the regular season but these Playoffs have been fun. When I tune in all I'm seeing is basketball being played. People now days use the word "woke" to just use it, so whatever 'woke" is, it's quickly losing whatever meaning it had. I've joked that someone would blame wokeness if a piece of their popcorn hit the ground and I think that's where we're heading. So if you don't mind, please give us more of an explanation than "woke" since I'm not seeing what you assume you'd see if you actually tuned in.
Yeah, just being too political. Very left-leaning, politically. Having BLM painted on the floor, kneeling for the National Anthem, ties with Chinese slave labor, LJ stirring up racial tensions, etc. The list goes on. It's the same with all pro sports, and pretty much college too, if you dig deep enough. That's why UK sucking so bad doesn't bother me nearly as bad as it would have 5 years ago. Everything changed during the "pandemic". They've pretty much drawn a line down the middle of the country and said, we don't want you as a fan. So I'm not.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I’ve never sat down and watched an NBA game in my entire life and I grew up with Jordan/magic/bird. What little NBA consumption I get is from ESPN highlights on the tv at the gym

Yeah, just being too political. Very left-leaning, politically. Having BLM painted on the floor, kneeling for the National Anthem, ties with Chinese slave labor, LJ stirring up racial tensions, etc. The list goes on. It's the same with all pro sports, and pretty much college too, if you dig deep enough. That's why UK sucking so bad doesn't bother me nearly as bad as it would have 5 years ago. Everything changed during the "pandemic". They've pretty much drawn a line down the middle of the country and said, we don't want you as a fan. So I'm not.
And the guy that questioned you knows that 100% .. he's baiting you , dont fall for it .

Reactions: Jireh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT