ADVERTISEMENT

How many of you almost never watch NBA

Catfanlou

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2014
Just wondered . I haven’t watched more than a few minutes of an NBA game in five years . Used to watch only the finals but stopped that . Find it extremely boring .

the only thing I care about is watching UK basketball and the better college games .
Am ,I alone In this or are there other college only fans on this board?

The Playoffs are fun. You just don't see the things they do anywhere else, and what I think ppl overlook is they make it look easy and like they arent trying bc everyone is that good. That shot Jokic hit tonight was unreal and it was like nothing to him....and over AD. Literally no ome could shoot over AD at the college level.

Maybe a little of the finals if I'm home and doing nothing else. But I don't even watch any college other than UK and the tournament.

I was a huge Celtics fan in my youth but stopped watching the NBA around 2000. It's just a different game now and other than the playoffs, it's unbearable to watch. I miss the days of man to man defense, strong mid range games, and less whining and flopping.

I was an 80s/90s NBA fan. I think everything after that turned into a sham. No one is loyal to their team, the competition has become more whiny than exciting, and the player egos are just bleh to watch.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I only watch the NBA when it gets to the conference finals and only if there is some star power.

The season is way too long and those guys don't play hard until the playoffs roll around. It’s amazing how good they are, but it’s not as much fun as college ball.

Same with football. I am Bears fan, sooo by week 3, it's over. I go find something else to do on Sunday's. But I love college football.

The Playoffs are fun. You just don't see the things they do anywhere else, and what I think ppl overlook is they make it look easy and like they arent trying bc everyone is that good. That shot Jokic hit tonight was unreal and it was like nothing to him....and over AD. Literally no ome could shoot over AD at the college level.

That's not the 1st one of those he hit in that series. He did it twice last night and once at the halftime buzzer a couple games ago. All three were heavily guarded prayer shots.

I had no idea Jokic was that good. He’s unstoppable and quite honestly, so is Murray. Both of those guys lit the Lakers up all 4 games. If they miss a shot, I'm shocked.

I watch the NBA every time I get a chance. Best basketball in the world. I DVR the NBA show on ESPN everyday and watch it when I get home.

The only college games I watch involve UK. I haven't watched a college game that didn't UK in probably 20 years. It's just a terrible game. Coaches, officials and administrators ruined the college decades ago and have no intentions of fixing it. And the SEC is the worst basketball conference since they just don't care. They have the worst officials, the dumbest rules and most directed at UK. Every school in the SEC wants UK to come play in their hell hole every year. Then once we are out of SEC play they all root against us.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
I do watch a lot more college. But The playoffs have been a lot of fun to watch. It’s fun to watch how much better and more cohesive they are than college players. I don’t care about the regular season however
There is a lot of people that check in to NBA around April to the finals and really watch compelling series wjtb a story line

Jokic Nuggets vs Lebron Lakers
Dynasty golden st vs kings and Lakers

But won’t watch series like Philly vs Celtics as much or nuggets suns etc

Something is better then nothing for NBA but there are fans who can’t stick wjtb nba thru regular season

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Watched last 3 min. of last nights game. First time a NBA game been on my TV in 30 years

Don't watch the regular season at all and just a small bit of the playoffs. Like the OP, I find the NBA boring as it's mostly become a 3 point contest. I know the playoffs are a little better but, by the time they come around, I just don't care.

Just wondered . I haven’t watched more than a few minutes of an NBA game in five years . Used to watch only the finals but stopped that . Find it extremely boring .

the only thing I care about is watching UK basketball and the better college games .
I haven't watched an NBA game in over 15 years, I just find it boring and for the most part predictable.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
I only watch the NBA when it gets to the conference finals and only if there is some star power.

The season is way too long and those guys don't play hard until the playoffs roll around. It’s amazing how good they are, but it’s not as much fun as college ball.

Same with football. I am Bears fan, sooo by week 3, it's over. I go find something else to do on Sunday's. But I love college football.
Love the Bears commentary. Born and raised in Chicago, so huge Chicago sports fan.

With Rodgers out of the division, and Poles actually getting Fields some help, I am cautiously optimistic they will stay in contention til at least week 8 this year, lol.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Don't watch the regular season at all and just a small bit of the playoffs. Like the OP, I find the NBA boring as it's mostly become a 3 point contest. I know the playoffs are a little better but, by the time they come around, I just don't care.
All of basketball is now a 3 point contest

Reactions: fabcat and ORCAT

I get enough NBA from Cal so I don’t have to watch it

• Haha
Reactions: UKNothinButNet

Took a break from watching the NBA after the bulls broke up following the 98 season. My break is still ongoing 😂

During the season I might watch 5min if a game 2-3 times. During playoffs maybe 10min 4-5 times. Most of those are if a UK player is playing.

The NBA of the 1990s/1980s stayed until 2016. That's when it became what it is now. Go watch the 2010 and 2008 finals. Great basketball.

If I didn’t see headlines, I wouldn’t even know there was a league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT