ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmm

Knowing how Mitch likes to do his thing he won’t work to hard to make a great hire… He has a track record of being LAZY…
I mean he hired Cal and the winningest coach in football history. Be mad about some of the contracts, but making blatantly bad hires in major sports all the time isn’t exactly true.

My main question would be WHAT Bigtime A&M donor approved of this hire????

Had to someone with a lot of PULL to approve paying off Jimbo to get his former Def. Coord.

This just doesn't seem like the big splash a program with that much money would settle on.

This fits the usual pattern....if you hire an offensive guy who fails and is fired, hire a defensive guy to go opposite

If this is true, a lot if fans are gonna want UK to promote Coen. And a lot will want Sumrall. I say hire Neal Brown. Winning in a power 5 conference school in a tough position, like UK.
LOL, excuse making 5-7 6-4 6-7 5-7 8-4 Neal Brown? That’s as laughable as claiming Barnhart is extorting donors.

Look at what Stoops has done in the SEC with recruiting classes ranked near the bottom of the SEC.

We're about to find out just how valuable Stoops has been to the program.
None of the morons on here realize this. Stoops maxed out UK output given what he had to deal with - no money, no recruiting base, no history.

And when the next coach, whoever it is, doesnt di better than Stoops results the last 8 yrs their dumbasses will just say they would have hired someone who would

I mean he hired Cal and the winningest coach in football history. Be mad about some of the contracts, but making blatantly bad hires in major sports all the time isn’t exactly true.
🤣🤣🤣 9-16 NBA Cal ok if you say so any other coach at UK would’ve been fired with a season record like that. You can look at the Stoops hire one of two ways he has the most wins and he has the most losses. He pays these coaches like they are the best of the best but they aren’t putting the best of the best on the court or the field.
Cal until this year was the highest paid basketball coach with a lifetime contract…. With that kind of contract is UK getting a good return on investment out of him?
Stoops is the 9th highest paid coach in college football with a contract that’s paying him I think until 2030. Is UK getting a good return on that investment too?
These are just ridiculous contracts that should’ve never been given in the first place to be honest neither coach warranted contracts of that nature. Mitch got scared because he thought schools were coming for Cal and Stoops.

I would go for Neal Brown too! We need our next coach whoever it shall be needs to be offensive minded.
Neal Brown has won more than 6 games one time in 5 years in the Big 12 and is coveted by fans of an SEC school. The same people who disapprove of Stoops. Too funny.

Please let this be true!!!! Be the best day in UK football history!!! Ruin dirty birds best season in eons and get out from under stoops’ massive contract and ultra conservative style of play.
You need to bookmark this particular comment and pray you aren't choking on it soon.

Nothing is a bigger crapshoot in college football than hiring a new head coach. If you know anything about the game, you know that's true. You get stuck on the coaching carousel and you can watch your program hit rock bottom. See UT until they finally found Heupel, see current UF program. Hell even Bama got stuck on it for years.

Anybody happy about losing Stoops either doesn't know anything about college football or is an idiot.

I

I am actually excited that he is leaving and we have a chance to get a coach that will take us up a notch. Appreciate what he did here though. Just felt like it’s time for a change.
I totally agree too but I know some people are going to feel totally different about it.

Reactions: UKortho
I'll be honest- this feels like the Brian Harsen hire Auburn made a couple of years ago. Just a bad fit and the fans are not going to give him a chance.

Reactions: TheJuddDome
You need to bookmark this particular comment and pray you aren't choking on it soon.

Nothing is a bigger crapshoot in college football than hiring a new head coach. If you know anything about the game, you know that's true. You get stuck on the coaching carousel and you can watch your program hit rock bottom. See UT until they finally found Heupel, see current UF program. Hell even Bama got stuck on it for years.

Anybody happy about losing Stoops either doesn't know anything about college football or is an idiot.
Well hate to break it to you sport but im far from an idiot and know enough about football to know we were headed the wrong direction with stoops. I’ll gladly take my chances with a new hire. I’m on cloud f**king 9.

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT