ADVERTISEMENT

Hilarious post from SEC claiming "the most NBA All-Stars."

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Hilarious. 7/8 are UK guys. Edwards looks totally out of place.

i

And not to sound like a conspiracy person, but I think this was actually done purposefully by the SEC.

Because you know damn well if Alabama had 7 of the 8 players in the superbowl.. they aren't making this post praising the SEC.. they are making it about Alabama.

Feels like a bit of a swipe at UK.

Noting to see here. If all 8 were UK guys it is still SEC and they are backing us just like they back UGA/BAMA in football and so forth.

Be different if we were in another conference and they did this because those guys played in SEC back in the day.

It is, because Bama and UGA football aren’t treated like the ugly stepchild by the conference in football like we are in basketball. Every team gets homecooking except UK.
There’s plenty of Bama hatred going around. People (including myself) were tired of seeing them in the playoffs every year.

Honestly, I don’t think there’s a whole lot of basketball resentment toward UK by the conference because historically, basketball has been an afterthought

I could care less what our guys do when they leave here. Just give it your all while here. Just win baby!
this is what is A HORRIBLE fan in a nutshell. I care what they do here and i care what they do when they leave as even from a entirely selfish stand point we won't get good players without that. But because I am a human being I also care about the players that give there all here and I want them to get generational wealth .

It is, because Bama and UGA football aren’t treated like the ugly stepchild by the conference in football like we are in basketball. Every team gets homecooking except UK.
There isn't such a thing as conference specific referees. SEC refs cannot be out to get UK because SEC refs don't exist. Refs have contracts with multiple conferences throughout the season. The SEC isn't getting together which each ref they contract with and telling them to give UK bad calls.

this is what is A HORRIBLE fan in a nutshell. I care what they do here and i care what they do when they leave as even from a entirely selfish stand point we won't get good players without that. But because I am a human being I also care about the players that give there all here and I want them to get generational wealth .
Wrong. I wish no ill will on them, obviously. I just don't care for the NBA. AD has been a perrenial all star in the league. So what? I don't like the NBA. I'm not pulling for them to fail. Nice try at projection.

A combo Miami Hurricanes fb and UK basketball fan lecturing on being a “bad fan”. That’s Gold, Jerry. Gold!

Reactions: Blouman
I do not follow the guys once they leave. I do not like nor follow NBA. Worst basketball on the planet. Bunch of entitled idiots now. I stopped following NBA when Magic and Bird left the league. What they have not is just crap till the playoffs.

I hope our guys do well in their endeavors after playing here but do not follow their careers. Does not make me a bad fan. I am an fan of NCAA basketball / UK basketball / SEC Basketball not NBA.

Is it any worse than the entire conference cheering SEC SEC SEC when Bama or UGA wins the football championship??
It’s a little different bc the SEC also typically dominates the rest of the bowl matchups in the overall record even when it’s a matchup w a team that had a higher finish in their conference. And the SEC has had LSU, UF, UGA, Bama, Auburn all win multiple championships in the last 20 years

Reactions: Blouman
this is what is A HORRIBLE fan in a nutshell. I care what they do here and i care what they do when they leave as even from an entirely selfish stand point we won't get good players without that. But because I am a human being I also care about the players that give there all here and I want them to get generational wealth .
You are a perfect person!

And you wonder why the players couldn't care less about appeasing fans when here anymore. It's a two way street of respect.
If the players don't want to win other than to appease the fans, then they are the wrong kind of players to recruit.
Then again, I don't buy your 'bad fan' premise, nor that the players don't want to win outside of your fan pressure construct.

Last edited:
I'm a great fan, and do not care about the NBA. I wish them well, but that's about it.
Some of us care more about Kentucky than the NBA. So, get off your imaginary high horse.

SEC screws UK annually in basketball scheduling. Football is a rotating schedule. Amazing how bad officiating is in SEC basketball. Alabama and Georgia would not tolerate that in football. SEC takes care of the cash cow football. SEC likes to schedule basketball matches that fill arenas. Letting guys like Shows screw the Cats on the road does not hurt filling out shit hole arenas like Auburn.

Reactions: Stevo1951
What a weird post.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
There’s plenty of Bama hatred going around. People (including myself) were tired of seeing them in the playoffs every year.

Honestly, I don’t think there’s a whole lot of basketball resentment toward UK by the conference because historically, basketball has been an afterthought
You weren’t around during the Coach Rupp and Hall times

I do not follow the guys once they leave. I do not like nor follow NBA. Worst basketball on the planet. Bunch of entitled idiots now. I stopped following NBA when Magic and Bird left the league. What they have not is just crap till the playoffs.

I hope our guys do well in their endeavors after playing here but do not follow their careers. Does not make me a bad fan. I am an fan of NCAA basketball / UK basketball / SEC Basketball not NBA.
I have to disagree with you here, the NBA is the absolutely best basketball in the galaxy

I agree there is Bama football hatred by fans. I’m talking about how officials call games and the league allows it.

And not to sound like a conspiracy person, but I think this was actually done purposefully by the SEC.

Because you know damn well if Alabama had 7 of the 8 players in the superbowl.. they aren't making this post praising the SEC.. they are making it about Alabama.

Feels like a bit of a swipe at UK.
If you wanna see swipes at UK just watch all the phantom fouls calls next game. Promote All Stars for the conference then send your refs out to do a hack job on us. Way to go SEC/ NCAA.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Well the post is actually true. And it makes UK look good, so I'm glad they put it out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT