ADVERTISEMENT

Cow has brainwashed the UK fanbase into settling for low standards

We are only going to be like a 2 point favorite vs Texas Tech. We could very much lose that game.

To me the 6 NBA prospects makes little difference when none of the six play at defense whatsoever lol.
So not even making it to the Sweet 16 as a 3 seed with all of the factors I mentioned above is acceptable?

If Cal didn't have a stupid buyout, he would have been gone by now. He's been tremendously bad since the COVID tourney was canceled relative to the talent UK has had.

I'll get attacked for saying it, heaven forbid, but we have 8 titles in the history of this program. We've got posters on here acting like these things are won every other year. Rupp is the only UK coach with multiple titles.

Rupp coached for Kentucky for 40 years and he had 6 Final 4s. SIX.

Joe B Hall went to 3 Final 4s in 13 seasons as the UK head coach. He also failed to qualify for the NCAA Tournament 3 times as well. He had 4 seasons with double-digit losses. In 13 seasons, Coach Hall only won 1 single SEC Tournament championship.

Pitino was successful and widely beloved by the fanbase. 3 Final 4s in the 6 seasons they were eligible for the postseason. But also upset in the round of 32 as a 2-seed, a team that was 27-7 on the season. Twice as a 1-seed they failed to make the Final 4.

I don't give a rat's ass about Cal's future. If he's the best guy for the job, so be it. If there's a better fit and a way to afford the insane buy-out, so be it. But we've got posters on here who idolize every previous coach and will rip to shreds WHOEVER the current coach is. Revisionist history is alive and well on Rafters
I would hope that you would realize it's not just about championships. Calipari has made a joke out of the entire Kentucky program. He doesn't care about winning anything; he just wants to be able to say he's put X number of players into the NBA. Kentucky needs a coach who wants to win and that should be their priority.

Yeah and the people who protested civil rights in the 1960s, were just people. A fan's job is to be upset when things are going bad, and cheer when things are going good. Blindly supporting the team even when change needs to be made. Isn't what a fan should do. IMO. It seems we have an idealogical disconnect. Fans boycotted UK footbal in 2012. And got Joker fired. A message was sent to the AD. It can happen here. But fans are too overwhelmed with the ''SUPPORT NO MATTER WHAT'' mindset. Like voicing or protesting makes you a bad fan.
The problem with that is all the bitchin’ and complainin’’ will do absolutely nothing. The BUYOUT is the obstacle. Are you gonna come up with the $33 Million to send Cal packing? So you’re just spittin’ into the wind.

So not even making it to the Sweet 16 as a 3 seed with all of the factors I mentioned above is acceptable?

If Cal didn't have a stupid buyout, he would have been gone by now. He's been tremendously bad since the COVID tourney was canceled relative to the talent UK has had.

I don't think anyone feels this is "acceptable" but it's just what exactly are you wanting from the fanbase here. No one here gave Cal that lifetime contract. But he got it. He's got the power on when he wants to leave or doesn't want to leave.

To me, as fans we have two choices with any of this. Support the team or don't support the team. That's it.

There is no UK fan that could be happy with the previous years. None. Especially people that post on this board who live eat and breathe UK basketball. It's just that some are deciding to continue to support the team and some aren't. That's not settling. Or lowering expectations. Every single year the expectations is to compete for a national title. Be in that conversation. The fact we haven't been while disappointing hasn't changed.

We've seen final fours come from a 4 seed and 8 seed under Cal. Who knows, maybe we can make another one of those type runs this year.

The problem with that is all the bitchin’ and complainin’’ will do absolutely nothing. The BUYOUT is the obstacle. Are you gonna come up with the $33 Million to send Cal packing? So you’re just spittin’ into the wind.
What else can I do as a fan? This board is a way to blow off steam. Sorry if you don't like it.

I would hope that you would realize it's not just about championships. Calipari has made a joke out of the entire Kentucky program. He doesn't care about winning anything; he just wants to be able to say he's put X number of players into the NBA. Kentucky needs a coach who wants to win and that should be their priority.
That is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. Kentucky is not a joke of a program. You’re confusing Kentucky with Indiana.

Yesterday I saw respected members of this board (whom I consider to be intelligent people) claiming that losing to Houston in E8 would be considered a "successful season" for UK?!

Since when do UK fans hang Elite Eight banners? We ran Tubby off for losing 10 games a year, now that's fine with us? Hell, I remember when that clown Tom Crean made Sweet 16 rings for his Indiana team, we all thought that was hilarious, now we are ready to let Cow's sh*t slide if he limps into the second weekend?

Not a single #1 seed or Final Four for 9 years straight and we set Elite Eight as our goal?

Sorry, but are you kidding me?

As far as I'm concerned, Cow has got to win the whole damn thing and redeem himself for the pathetic coaching performance in the 2010 and 2015 tourneys (when he had superteams at his disposal) or he can hit the bricks ASAP.

We were promised the Gold Standard, so why do we settle for mediocrity?
by saying losing in the elite 8 is mediocrity you look to be deranged

There are a faction of people that believe if they can make it miserable enough for Cal that he might look at a Michigan, Texas, UCLA as a chance for a fresh start and on opportunity to “show“UK fans . It’s basically the only way he’s leaving.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
There are a faction of people that believe if they can make it miserable enough for Cal that he might look at a Michigan, Texas, UCLA as a chance for a fresh start and on opportunity to “show“UK fans . It’s basically the only way he’s leaving.

That fraction of fans are absolutely incorrect lol.

I'll get attacked for saying it, heaven forbid, but we have 8 titles in the history of this program. We've got posters on here acting like these things are won every other year. Rupp is the only UK coach with multiple titles.

Joe B Hall went to 3 Final 4s in 13 seasons as the UK head coach. He also failed to qualify for the NCAA Tournament 3 times as well. He had 4 seasons with double-digit losses. In 13 seasons, Coach Hall only won 1 single SEC Tournament championship.

Pitino was successful and widely beloved by the fanbase. 3 Final 4s in the 6 seasons they were eligible for the postseason. But also upset in the round of 32 as a 2-seed, a team that was 27-7 on the season. Twice as a 1-seed they failed to make the Final 4.

I don't give a rat's ass about Cal's future. If he's the best guy for the job, so be it. If there's a better fit and a way to afford the insane buy-out, so be it. But we've got posters on here who idolize every previous coach and will rip to shreds WHOEVER the current coach is. Revisionist history is alive and well on Rafters
Previous coaches never tried to win with a team of cream of the crop freshmen year in and year out.
Joe B only won one sec ship but there was no sec tourny until the last five or six years of his tenure.
Pitino may have failed twice to win it as a one seed. so? he rebuilt the uk brand from ashes and left it when it was still at the top tier of college basketball.

Well, this thread isn't complaining about the team or the coach. It was literally drawn up to jab at fans that somehow still support Calipari and are apparently recalibrated to accepting S16 or E8 as "successful". And every response from the OP is full of name calling and continued jabbing, thereby proving that the thread was in fact nothing more than bait to create a rage-filled argument (hint: mad fans on a message board isn't going to drive Calipari away...remember, he's a narcissist egomaniac that always thinks he's right, per 2/3 of our fanbase).

Games haven't even been played. We just got a surprise 3 seed. Even if this thread topic was complaining about the team's performance, it'd be obviously premature because WE HAVEN'T PLAYED YET.

This is nothing more than a rage rant against fans that aren't as rabidly-frothed up about Calipari as whoever this CROCAT is. I'll never understand why each side of the fan base gets so worked up about the other "side". Being pissed at Calipari for his shat performance and laziness is one thing, but turning it onto other fans is just bizarre.
Honest question, do you not think Cal is a narcissistic egomaniac?

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua and blubo
Along those lines, I genuinely don't know a single UK fan (ranging from the most objective, reasonable minds to the ludicrous idiots) who thinks UK should win a title every year. That narrative from the national talking head types is tired and lazy.

Cal said himself if fans are saying this team needs to get to a Final Four to be considered a success they aren’t true fans. But when he arrived he spoke of catching UCLA. So something has changed from the start of his tenure to now.

He’s already setting the fan base up here to expect less. That mofo needs out of our program. I don’t care if he wins a National Championship. You can’t say we’re built for March then say don’t expect to win in March

Previous coaches never tried to win with a team of cream of the crop freshmen year in and year out.
Joe B only won one sec ship but there was no sec tourny until the last five or six years of his tenure.
Pitino may have failed twice to win it as a one seed. so? he rebuilt the uk brand from ashes and left it when it was still at the top tier of college basketball.
Curious, what does this have to do with anything? So when Joe B lost with veteran players, it was more ok? So when Cal won with a crop of freshmen, you didn't enjoy the championship?

Curious, what does this have to do with anything? So when Joe B lost with veteran players, it was more ok? So when Cal won with a crop of freshmen, you didn't enjoy the championship?
No coach is gonna win ‘em all but when said coach keeps banging his head against the wall without success you might think he would consider revamping his strategy.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat

Good post. A team like Kentucky, a blue blood should realistically win a title every 10-12 years. That would make you an elite program. This little dry spell has been taxing for sure. I’m really impressed with what UConn has done in such a short amount of time. But let’s look at them again in 30 years.

I don't think anyone feels this is "acceptable" but it's just what exactly are you wanting from the fanbase here. No one here gave Cal that lifetime contract. But he got it. He's got the power on when he wants to leave or doesn't want to leave.

To me, as fans we have two choices with any of this. Support the team or don't support the team. That's it.

There is no UK fan that could be happy with the previous years. None. Especially people that post on this board who live eat and breathe UK basketball. It's just that some are deciding to continue to support the team and some aren't. That's not settling. Or lowering expectations. Every single year the expectations is to compete for a national title. Be in that conversation. The fact we haven't been while disappointing hasn't changed.

We've seen final fours come from a 4 seed and 8 seed under Cal. Who knows, maybe we can make another one of those type runs this year.
This. Multiplied by 100

The continued ignorance of labeling UK fans "Cal lovers" is exhausting. UK fans supporting UK, simple as that. Fanbases have become obsessed with criticizing coaches. I don't know if it's because of podcasts/TV shows that use it as their focal point, or if they think they're coming in with "hot takes" or what. But these days, fans just seem to live for bashing the coach of their team.

I'm a UK fan whether Cal is the coach or someone else. My expectations didn't change from Rick, to Tubby, to Billy, to Cal. Never changed once, no matter the coach.

It's the epitome of ignorance to think all UK fans need to call for the firing of Cal or else you're not a fan.

No coach is gonna win ‘em all but when said coach keeps banging his head against the wall without success you might think he would consider revamping his strategy.
That's fair. But he has 5th year seniors in Reeves and Tre. He has a returning sophomore in Adou.

And don't forget, Reed wasn't supposed to be one-and-done.

The strategy you're proposing is really just going to turn into a new one-and-done: the transfer portal. It's going to be really, really hard to bring in non-NBA players and hold onto them if they're not getting the playing time or NIL that they want. Boom, portal. 3 of UCONN's best players are transfers. It's just going to be a new one-and-done makeover

The title Cal won, freshmen-driven. The Final 4s he's been to, freshmen-driven.

Nah..ppl cry when we win, so have you seen this board if we lose…so not sure who’s brainwashed

That's fair. But he has 5th year seniors in Reeves and Tre. He has a returning sophomore in Adou.

And don't forget, Reed wasn't supposed to be one-and-done.

The strategy you're proposing is really just going to turn into a new one-and-done: the transfer portal. It's going to be really, really hard to bring in non-NBA players and hold onto them if they're not getting the playing time or NIL that they want. Boom, portal. 3 of UCONN's best players are transfers. It's just going to be a new one-and-done makeover

The title Cal won, freshmen-driven. The Final 4s he's been to, freshmen-driven.
I’m just saying what he’s been doing post-2015 ain’t working. nil as is changes everything. still hoping for a coaching change this year.

This. Multiplied by 100

The continued ignorance of labeling UK fans "Cal lovers" is exhausting. UK fans supporting UK, simple as that. Fanbases have become obsessed with criticizing coaches. I don't know if it's because of podcasts/TV shows that use it as their focal point, or if they think they're coming in with "hot takes" or what. But these days, fans just seem to live for bashing the coach of their team.

I'm a UK fan whether Cal is the coach or someone else. My expectations didn't change from Rick, to Tubby, to Billy, to Cal. Never changed once, no matter the coach.

It's the epitome of ignorance to think all UK fans need to call for the firing of Cal or else you're not a fan.
So true, but you can only roll on the floor laughing at some of these guys when they claim they are great fans....the best fans! Run Richie said he doesn't watch most second halfs and plays with his xbox (true story) and he also said he hoped Oats beat us by 40 and nobody showed up (true story). Pure comedy but don't get caught up arguing with any of them as it's a waste of your time.......heck, you could spend that time playing Intellivision, LMAO.

Reactions: BleedBluePodcast
The part I have a problem with is being banned simply because certain mods doesn’t like an opinion. No rules broke, just differing opinions.

Another part I have a problem with is being called names and being disrespected when you don’t go along with the hate cult.

Opinions are good and all until the ones that still support our team are being silenced.
No one should be banned for differing opinions if said poster isnt breaking rules and degrading the board with their posts. We'll agree there

Calling most other fans who'm choose to complain "trolls" seems a bit ironic in light of your post.
Opinions and debate is good, but one should be prepared to back their opinions up. Basically come strong to the keyboard.

The moral of the story is, if you don't want to be silenced, just refuse to be silent

Along those lines, I genuinely don't know a single UK fan (ranging from the most objective, reasonable minds to the ludicrous idiots) who thinks UK should win a title every year. That narrative from the national talking head types is tired and lazy.
It’s become a cliché used by Cal ”leg humpers” in order to try and make his detractors look unreasonable.

Yesterday I saw respected members of this board (whom I consider to be intelligent people) claiming that losing to Houston in E8 would be considered a "successful season" for UK?!

Since when do UK fans hang Elite Eight banners? We ran Tubby off for losing 10 games a year, now that's fine with us? Hell, I remember when that clown Tom Crean made Sweet 16 rings for his Indiana team, we all thought that was hilarious, now we are ready to let Cow's sh*t slide if he limps into the second weekend?

Not a single #1 seed or Final Four for 9 years straight and we set Elite Eight as our goal?

As far as I'm concerned, Cow has got to win the whole damn thing and redeem himself for the pathetic coaching performance in the 2010 and 2015 tourneys (when he had superteams at his disposal) or he can hit the bricks ASAP.

Actually the situation is much wore than your post: (1) only one win in the last 6 SECT games....that puts us in 13th place out of 14 teams, (2) only one NCAAT win since 2018....not sure where that puts us, but it is really bad for the gold standard team, (3) only one win in the last seven Champions Classic games, (4) 45 losses in the last 4 years...never happened under any other coach. This list is much longer, but you get the picture. And all of this was accomplished with the top ranked or 2nd ranked recruiting class every year Cal has been here. How much more BS can the program withstand and still survive?

In five years, we'll be celebrating that we made it into the tourney.... well not I or most on this board but....

Reactions: know1

Any elite 8 is a decent year. To think otherwise shows that you are the one that is wrong in your thinking

You should be on ESPN. Yare an expert.

Why would you put down the freshman?
AB, and Justin have played below expectations but Rob and Reed have exceeded expectations.
DJ has been solid.
All in all a great class.
Would still be #1 if ranked post season.
Why do you see everything as a slight against something you like? Just because I don’t celebrate #1 recruiting classes doesn’t mean I’m putting any of them down.

Maybe you’ve only a college basketball fan been since Cal got here, but no team in the country (KU included) hangs banners for recruiting classes. This is Kentucky, we don’t celebrate #1 recruiting classes when they bring us a 10 loss, early March exit season. The expectations and the bar are higher here, and for good reason.

Last edited:
Why do you see everything as a slight against something you like? Just because I don’t celebrate #1 recruiting classes doesn’t mean I’m putting any of them down.

Maybe you’ve only a college basketball fan been since Cal got here, but no team in the country (KU included) hangs banners for recruiting classes. This is Kentucky, we don’t celebrate #1 recruiting classes when they bring us a 10 loss, early March exit season. The expectations and the bar is a higher here, and for good reason.
No I've been a fan since Hall.
When has UK as a program ever not aspired for #1 recruiting classes?
Joe B. was one of the founding fathers of excess in college basketball.
When the Wildcat Lodge opened, no one else in the country had anything like it. They actually had to tone it down some to get it approved by the NCAA.
So you could say Hall was Cal way before Cal.
Coaches that sign #1 classes are trying to win games. How many games has his recruiting model won in the last 15 seasons?
A lot. More than any other coach.
As far as 10 losses, probably something you're gonna have to get used to.
If the bar has been lowered where 7 losses can get you a #1 seed and 10 losses a #4, 10 ain't that bad.
Going to be extremely difficult to put together a 2015 type roster capable of going into a FF undefeated in today's CBB climate.
That may never happen again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT