ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Old Guys...Classic Music Receiver...

Bite me, I'm old(er)...🥺🤨😉

I just bought two VCRs too... Gonna re-sell them. (After I finish transferring my older home movies to digital formats.)

Last edited:
While not as old, my mom is still rocking this piece of junk in her shed.
7moKuYf.jpeg

I think it's from the late 80's. Has 2 skinny floor speakers covered in some kind of coarse foam instead of the normal speaker cloth.

Post a pick of what you had when you were young and driving your parents nuts...

1064618-vintage-pioneer-sx3600-receiver.jpg

I wish I still had this...
I bought that model (or one very like it) at Barney Miller's back in 1970. I had a tiny budget but the salesman put together a fantastic system for me.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
When my brother and I were given our Dad's bedroom furniture, it included his floor model record changer/speaker/radio receiver. I remember the changer had a wooden cover but I can't remember if it had a slide action or a hinge. The radio had a short wave band and we could pick up weird foreign stations. We told ourselves one of the strange channels was Moscow but we didn't know if it was that or Paris or Des Moines, Iowa.

We stepped on its beautiful glass cover one day when we were using it to jump onto the bed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT