ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches we are not getting

UKFAN4L

Sophomore
Mar 26, 2009
This board is going nuts!
So let’s just assume we are not getting Donovan, Hurley, Stevens, or Oats.
WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY OF THOSE GUYS.

Pick one coach, and one coach only.

Also, I haven’t seen this mentioned, but Baylor was one of the hottest teams in the country during the COVID year. A few of the stars from that team won it all the following. Hypothetically, Baylor could’ve won it all that year also. But….we were hot at the same time.

Last edited:
Damn OP. I didn't know you were good friends with all those coaches. But hey, thanks for reaching out to them over the phone and relaying their answers back to us. I guess since you've personally asked them. I'd have to go with Nate Oats.

We all know you think one man is bigger than the program. You've started multiple threads begging for him with no dignity.

But It will not be captain 15 seconds

So basically you want everyone to type "Drew" and click "Post reply?"
Man you must really hate Drew. Sheesh. There are plenty of other options besides the ones he mentioned. Miller, Lloyd, the guy from Iowa St., Pope, Beard......

I think Donovan is definitely possible and who we should be targeting. The timing is right. I’d rather have multiple coaches over Drew. If Mitch goes with the easy option of offering him first, the fan base and boosters need to do everything in their power to have him removed. This hire is too important.

Reactions: UKFAN4L
I got the man… Kentucky All American, 7 championship rings as a player and coach, Naismith Hall of Famer. Sure, he’s 79 years old but he’s still involved in the game

Damn OP. I didn't know you were good friends with all those coaches. But hey, thanks for reaching out to them over the phone and relaying their answers back to us. I guess since you've personally asked them. I'd have to go with Nate Oats.
Oh, RunninBichie….just answer the question or move along.
Lunch on me if one of those 4 coach UK next year.

So let’s just assume we are not getting Donovan, Hurley, Stephens, or Oats.

Also, I haven’t seen this mentioned, but Baylor was one of the hottest teams in the country during the COVID year. A few of the stars from that team won it all the following. Hypothetically, Baylor could’ve won it all that year also. But….we were hot at the same time.
*Stevens

I’ll take Chris Beard or Will Wade. Drew doesn’t seem to have the personality for the job. IMO, if he starts losing it can get ugly. I like coaches with big attitudes

Reactions: BluesDaddy

How do we not get oats if we don’t even meet with him? We could have him if Barney wants.

I would take
Mark pope before drew at least he would bring some excitement maybe bring rondo on as assistant.

Kelvin Samson

Bruce pearl

Pitino

Hell even golden

I would take any of these over drew

If Barney can’t land oats then he’s incompetent and needs to be out out to pasture

How do we not get oats if we don’t even meet with him? We could have him if Barney wants.

I would take
Mark pope before drew at least he would bring some excitement maybe bring rondo on as assistant.
I kind of like Drew because he has some dudes at Baylor he could possibly bring with him (unless they go to the league). I think Edgecombe would follow. I also believe Quaintance was being recruited by Baylor. I’m just not sure he is our long term guy.

I'll take an unpopular stance. If none of those are coming, go with Pope. Get him cheap, with incentives, and a low buyout. His teams play a pretty exciting style, lots of 3s. He makes the tournament with BYU standards. Recruiting ain't easy in Utah.

I kind of like Drew because he has some dudes at Baylor he could possibly bring with him (unless they go to the league). I think Edgecombe would follow. I also believe Quaintance was being recruited by Baylor. I’m just not sure he is our long term guy.
I think edgecomb goes to ark or duke if drew comes. Not buying he will have a ready made team. He will have an empty roster and the Barney fan club screaming to give him 5 years

Rick Pitino
I like Rick's 1990s run as much as anyone but the ONLY way I'd give Rick a call is if we get turned down by every top target we have. If it's down to like hiring Rick vs. a Shaka Smart or someone like that, then sure, let Pitino come here for a few years in a caretaker role. He'd probably be motivated as hell to go out on top after the rough last 10 years or so of his career. But keep in mind that running it back with an old coach at their job hardly ever turns out well.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak

Baylor lost 3 of their last 5 games in the covid year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT