ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krazy will take Cal against the field for next year just give him any decent odds.

Krazy Kalipari Kat is absolutely going down with the ship, that much is clear.

Your point is valid, but the UK ship doesn’t go down and I’m on that. They’ll replace Cal eventually and I’ll still be here then too.

Even though if we do lose Thiero for real, I still think Cal makes the tournament at the least.

I like some of our guys although not near as much as last years group, but we have some winners coming in. 3 state titles between the 6 FR and that’s impressive.

Reactions: roguemocha
saintpeters_marchmadness.jpg

5PKTH5U7HNHFNBAS2EMXELYYIM.jpg

martin scorsese book GIF

Could have gone after Oats this offseason but our AD is scared of his shadow and doesn’t realize the unique place Kentucky sits in the cbb world.

Put as much elbow grease into snagging Oats as you Pratt did going after Cal and you’ would have this ship turned around on a dime with another young, innovative coach who’s got all the tools. One that’s got that maniacal fire from being on the cusp but not yet reaching the mountain top and would and would absolutely murder the sport for the next decade if given the keys to Camelot.

After the Thiero news yesterday I was watching clips of Liggins against UNC, thinking how Adou should have played a similar role this last year and next, but with a better outside shot…

… to see how Cal interacted with players then, their love of playing for a coach who not only wanted them to succeed at the next level but also this one and passion for the game still lighting a fire under his ass…

…we’re saddled with a guy who’s fastball left him longer than most want to admit, and we may miss out on the perfect heir to the empire :chairshot:

Hey but I'm sure the UK Mens Basketball will post plenty of Aaron Harrison highlights from 10 years ago starting tomorrow vs Michigan.

Life comes at you fast.

It's Nick Martini's world, and we're just living in it. What a freaking way to open the season.

This guy is a 33 year old journeyman. An absolute nobody. Played in Korea in 2022. When he got a few at bats for the Reds last season (72, to be exact), he not only performed well, but had multi huge game-tying bombs late in the season during the playoff chase. When I listen to the guys on Chatterbox Reds, they literally laugh every time his name comes up, because his story is so ridiculous and unexpected.

Here's what his teammates said.....

"He rakes. For him to go out there and hit two pops, I’m really happy about it," Reds starting pitcher Frankie Montas said.
“It’s just an awesome moment. First Opening Day, two homers. That’s pretty freaking sweet," left fielder Spencer Steer said.
“Nick Martini is going to be a legendary name around here," said reliever Brent Suter, the Cincinnati native who struck out four without a run over the final two innings.

2 home runs on Opening Day. He's the modern Karl "Tuffy" Rhodes. A legend. 1-0. We're going to the World Series this year.

Could have gone after Oats this offseason but our AD is scared of his shadow and doesn’t realize the unique place Kentucky sits in the cbb world.

Put as much elbow grease into snagging Oats as you Pratt did going after Cal and you’ would have this ship turned around on a dime with another young, innovative coach who’s got all the tools. One that’s got that maniacal fire from being on the cusp but not yet reaching the mountain top and would and would absolutely murder the sport for the next decade if given the keys to Camelot.

Oats signed an extension like 2 weeks ago to fend off interested schools from plucking him out of Tuscaloosa this year.

I’ve wondered several times if he’d had signed it knowing UK could have possibly come calling as it was agreed to before the SEC Tournament when what happened didn’t seem possible for us. Fending off UL and Michigan is different than UK.

Beard/Ole Miss did the same but he owes them some loyalty for sticking their neck out for him.

For the most part, UK fans aren't Bennies. They know the damn sport, they know the Coach who will thrive here. Oats is on the short list. Oats should be the short list. The Cal-Pitino slam dunk list. Scott Drew/Chris Beard are the Tubby Smith list. (Not an insult but you wouldn't expect a Rick/Cal dynasty run)

So help me, if it starts to look like Cal is back because Mitch was preoccupied with finding the women's basketball coach...

I'm not going to pretend the Craft Center is perfect. But this dude's reaction to the practice facility is priceless. Meanwhile, our fat wop bitches incessantly about it.

Re: comparison of Beard to Tubby. I disagree with this take.

Beard has a better and longer resume than Tubby did - especially in the NCAA tournament. Looking back, I'm somewhat surprised we hired Tubby. Basically, he had success at Tulsa and then spent two years at UGA where he made 1 sweet 16.

After a year of trying, finally got a dinner reservation at Rezdôra. Looking forward to a night of enjoyment.

Did some actual *gasp* plumbing to direct connect the rig to a magnesium filtration system. Successful latte art to boot. Dope.

Juan Soto is a perfect add to the Yanks’ strikeout lineup. Whole team is finally seeing more pitches before they strikeout. Kidding. I like this guy.

I have not watched one minute of ball since Oakland game. Too soon.

Kinda pumped for football… every unit on the field is talented and has depth. With Bush, Woody and new WR coach (and with QC) I’m bullish on Caytes.

Going to a specialty store for some imported ingredients for my Easter food prep. Pizza ghiena and Ricotta cheesecake.

Good Friday 5:

Let Me Go - Sault
Polk Salad Annie - Tony Joe White
Feel Good - Maribou State / Khruangbin
If You Want Me to Stay - Sly and the Family Stone
Upside Down - The Daktaris

It's time for me to be honest here: My basketball playing days are about over. Sure, I'm still in moderately good to good shape, but I couldn't change speed or direction to save my life. I'll stand around and shoot it still, but I feel like I'd embarrass myself in a "real run."

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT