ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
From May - August my day starts so much better... traffic getting in and out of my drive is easy, don't have to think about it, no one on the sidewalk.

This damn Alumni Dr detour coming right through my street is about to drive me insane or get me killed. Maybe both. Street from 7-9 and 4-6 is packed with cars. Backed up nearly to my house from the Tates Creek stop light and the College Way stop light. How long is this shit going to last.

:mad:

PlayBall, Mattox, and the honorable Keith Garrett. Who else am I missing?

I had a blog I pimped around for a year. It never went anywhere professionally, but because all of those guys at 1450 were Louisville fans, no one wanted the UK press passes. So during the 2012 championship run I had media passes for about a dozen games, got to hang out in the media area with Joe B. Talk with guys like Anthony Davis, MKG, and Doron. One game I stood next to Sky Walker in the tunnel when the team ran out and high fived us. Not too shabby.

Not trying to take sides on the MJ "games were an event" debate, but I do remember calling to confirm Bulls tickets on a spring break trip with some friends. This was around 2002 at the height of the Kobe/Shaq Lakers era. MJ was with the Wizards by then. The first thing you heard when you called the NBA ticket help national number was "For tickets involving the Washington Wizards, press one. For all other ticket inquiries, press two." Pretty ridiculous considering what MJ was by that time in his career.

Nonook? That's what I used to call wcc's exgf. Too bad he ran her off from GYERO.

I'm sure he appreciates you bringing that up, asshole.

And yeah, I initially had James with a small > than Jordan in complete player, but when I looked up the stats to back up my case I was surprised that MJ was as close as he was in rebs and asts and was better in steals.

Plus, I didn't feel like setting off '73 on another "It was my era so it was the best" rant.

Basically, I agree with you.

* But I'm serious guys, I think both Jordan and James are/were really, really good.

* Touch Kobe.

* Don't forget about ukcats2008 when it comes to GYERO journalists.

* Touch WGN, Andy Griffith, the Cubs and 70,000 Ferris Bueller showings per wk.

I had WGN, but I do not remember watching Jordan on it.

* Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Olajuwon, Barkley, Bad Boys, Malone/Stockton. That was a pretty damn good time to watch the NBA.

Can see it now.

Little George is ready to make his entrance to the world. Traffic is terrible, Anth is stuck in his driveway, can't get out. WS calls an ambulance to get her to the hospital. Ambulance pulls up on the curb, Anth loses his mind. Runs upstairs and throws on capri pants.

Reactions: Mashburned
dude, go easy on anth. his grandfather served in the coast guard, for gods sake. pretty shameful.

George's middle name should start with an A. Maybe Adolph?

If only we could come up with a name in Anthony's family that starts with "A."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Augustus
Ataliano
Andrew
Alex
Aaron

C'mon, Anth. There has to be a name in your family that starts with A.

But why do we need it to start with A again, Cawood? So his initials will be GAS?

BKH works in the Centre Athletic Department and had (has?) a blog for a while.

Overlooked: How shitty is this Love deal gonna end up being for Cleveland once he bolts this summer? Wiggins will probably be a 10 time All Star and they could have had him for peanuts on a rookie deal during LeBron's prime.

The Alumni Dr project should be over by August, just in time for school to start. Sorry you won't have a peaceful morning leaving for work til next May, dear.

Reactions: drxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT