ADVERTISEMENT

Branham update

While the "Boom" was fun for a second, I'm not sure how much tolerance the fans will have for coy coaches at the moment. Between Stojakovic and Smith, fans are gonna start feeling apprehensive since our big weekend is going from a pool to a puddle.
Think about it. He's been matched every time he's gone public about a recruit. It's better for him to keep quiet on it.

It’s become clear to me that the pumpers on here will still act like everything is going great even if our roster is full of NAIA players.

It’s been nothing but whiff after whiff for players. Now we know why they cast such a wide net. Seems like they’re just hoping to get enough to fill the roster regardless of talent level at this point and the final roster will probably reflect that.
You really need to go back and watch UK when Pitino and tubby was winning here. You have forgotten that a coach can impact a players performance. You probably wouldn't have wanted any guys on Texas am this season and they beat our breaks off. That's what a physical team can do. Our roster looks great so far

You really need to go back and watch UK when Pitino and tubby was winning here. You have forgotten that a coach can impact a players performance. You probably wouldn't have wanted any guys on Texas am this season and they beat our breaks off. That's what a physical team can do. Our roster looks great so far
lol you act like Pitino and Tubby had rosters full of scrubs that they coached up. They both had good players. When Tubby didn’t, he didn’t win as much. And i remember those year well.

I would have taken Taylor and Radford in a heartbeat from A&M. Ironically both are probably going to be as good or better than any guard we end up with.

Reactions: Rockfly78
How ironic that a player who started out in Division III annihilated Kentucky's McDonalds all-americans and NBA lottery picks in the NCAA tournament less than two months ago. But we will get the players we need and not from NAIA programs. Our coach was introduced three weeks ago tomorrow and he filled out his staff only a few days ago. We have the coach, the assistants and the funding to meet the challenge of constructing an entire roster basically from scratch and I am confident they will get it done. And, when the book is closed on this recruitment, we will have a complement of tough and experienced players that fit together as a team, not a bunch of green freshmen cobbled together on the basis of press clippings and NBA draft projections.
Couldn’t have said it better you’re spot on!!

lol you act like Pitino and Tubby had rosters full of scrubs that they coached up. They both had good players. When Tubby didn’t, he didn’t win as much. And i remember those year well.

I would have taken Taylor and Radford in a heartbeat from A&M. Ironically both are probably going to be as good or better than any guard we end up with.
They both had under the radar recruits for the most part. They would get one or two top recruits and then a Jeff Shepard.

The guards pope has gotten are the type guards Texas am has

Reactions: Fox2monk
As of right now Williams, Osobor or Carr, Oweh, Butler and Mahaney at the two would seem to be a good lineup. Mahaney, Osobor or Carr and Oweh would give us the offense we need. Of course this will change as we add more players.
Lots of names being thrown around as whatever, but two you better not sleep on just because they'll be freshman...Chandler & Perry. Guys are lights out shooters and Chandler is going to be a 20 /21 year old freshman.

What percentage of the entire fanbase right now is paying attention and gives a shit? Or know a "big weekend" was supposed to be happening? 1%? 3%?

Most every Wildcat fan is happy with our new coach, and can't wait to see the new team introduced at Midnight Madness. For now they are enjoying spring, Derby time, baseball aeason, looking forward to summer.

Some of y'all need to get off here & touch grass. You are not doing your mental health any good hitting refresh refresh refresh OH NO JOE HAPABLAPP COMMITTED TO POPCORN STATE WE ARE DOOMED TO 3-25!@#$%%^&*
No need to worry, Man. I check in during breaks. Spent the day planting the garden with the wife. Plenty of earth in my nails... Plus some worm castings on my face, I'm sure. Lmao.

No it’s someone who continually says things are great or fine 24/7 even when they’re not. There were plenty of those during Billy’s two years, during Kal’s back half at UK and now with Pope.

Just look at how so many people did a total 180 on Pope after just one day. The fanbase has a bunch of drones that just blindly support whatever UK decides. These people are generally the pumpers.
You do realize that we haven’t played a single game under Pope yet, right? That not a single person expected him to immediately get 5 star recruits or the top guys in the portal, right? And that people are trying to have a positive attitude and give the new administration the chance they deserve, right? I mean you get that we aren’t all miserable pessimists, don’t you?

No it’s someone who continually says things are great or fine 24/7 even when they’re not. There were plenty of those during Billy’s two years, during Kal’s back half at UK and now with Pope.

Just look at how so many people did a total 180 on Pope after just one day. The fanbase has a bunch of drones that just blindly support whatever UK decides. These people are generally the pumpers.
Same tool you were under your old name.....

It seems the doomers in the Cal era are now the pumpers in the pope era. Interesting
That sounds like me. I admit that I was a Cal defender until last season. Seeing how weak we were at the 4/5 and him starting 2 freshmen clearly not among his top 3 at the 1-3 positions, along with consistent bad defense, made it impossible for me to keep defending him. Now, I'm excited that Kentucky has a very intelligent coach who will likely make more intelligent decisions.

With all that being said, I don't think "pumper" or "doomer" ever described me very well. I am a
UK fan with knowledge of the game whose first instinct will always be to defend UK and all the UK players and coaches but my loyalty to any coach or player has limits.

First time I remember seeing the term “sunshine pumper” was during the Tubby wars.
So if you are the opposite of that, you've been a pessimist, non-stop since the 90's. Everything has been "show me, until then I'll keep my bitter beer face……and then when you show me I'll jump back on the bandwagon.”

LOL, what a snowflakey way to go through life.

• Haha
Reactions: yoshukai
Lots of names being thrown around as whatever, but two you better not sleep on just because they'll be freshman...Chandler & Perry. Guys are lights out shooters and Chandler is going to be a 20 /21 year old freshman.

Your 100% right. Afraid the expectation of getting portal guys to come off the bench in a backup position will be difficult. So I am looking for a 7 man starting roster!
5. Osobor 10-15 min. Williams 25-30 min

4. Carr 25-30 min. Osobor 10-15 min.

3. Robinson or wall ECT. 25-30 min. Otega.10-15m
2. Brea or Mahoney ECT. 25-30 min.Otega 10-15m
1. Butler. 25-30 min. Mahoney/perry 10-15m.

If someone gets foul trouble Chandler/perry would get more min,and we would go smaller at the 4. At times we might go smaller for a better matchup or miss match!
I can see a sell for 7 portal guys but more then that the talent will really drop,on who would commit!

They both had under the radar recruits for the most part. They would get one or two top recruits and then a Jeff Shepard.

The guards pope has gotten are the type guards Texas am has
Pitino had top recruits except for his first year or two at UK. I believe Mercer and Rhodes were both the top player in their class. Tubby had good classes until late in tenure.

As for the guards Pope has gotten, I don’t see how they’re anything like Taylor and Radford. Those guys are quick guards who can go for 30 any given night. The guards he’s gotten have been defenders who average single digit ppg.

You do realize that we haven’t played a single game under Pope yet, right? That not a single person expected him to immediately get 5 star recruits or the top guys in the portal, right? And that people are trying to have a positive attitude and give the new administration the chance they deserve, right? I mean you get that we aren’t all miserable pessimists, don’t you?
Nobody is expecting 5 stars. But he damn sure better be bringing in players that are better than role players. If Butler and Otega are being brought in as 6/7/8th man roles that’s fine but given who we are still in on it doesn’t seem to be the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT