ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lassie's friend won $26,000 playing Keno at a bar up in Boston with her boyfriend.

Br-CSvBCAAEkUUs.jpg:large

Wife and I are doing couch to 5K. Finished four weeks of the nine week program. For her it's basically like me going to the gym and benching 225. For me, it's a bit of a struggle. It's been hot as hell, even at night, and we live in one of the hilliest neighborhoods in Central Kentucky. Not exactly ideal conditions to start a running program. Still doing my lifting too, just added this to it.

I wasn't terribly overweight or anything, but I was out of shape. Now I usually have the wind, but my left knee is shit and sometimes my back will tighten up, especially the day after a heavy upper body lift. I've done cardio before, but never been much of a runner. Having someone to do it with makes it tolerable, but I couldn't do the long distance shit to save my life. I'd probably jump in front of a truck out of boredom.

I love to run just to clear my head and be outside. I could never be PTI but I'd give up lifting before I gave up running.

Yeah, I'd cut running all/air over lifting. I like being outside where it's nice and quiet to kinda clear my head and relax, but it never involves running.

People like different things. If you're exercising consistently, you're ahead of most.

Think I was curious about the penny auctions. Have never done them.

*to go back to local golf courses, I thought Spring Valley hosted a PGA back in tr 40s or 50s. Also could be that Hogan played the corse...could be confusing the two.

Not yet. Started a book on autoimmunity because a friend was diagnosed with MS.

It's still on deck.

--On #TeamCoolCat. I used to hide on the bus until cross country races had already started

--is anyone willing to admit they've agreed with any of JohnBlew's takes?

--Why is UVa wearing camo baseball unis? Why do so many college and hs teams wear them? 73? Cricket? Strokin? Anyone?

No way, Chad. Forget actually being in good condition, Mattox needs to looked jacked in that schmedium polo.

If my wife had bigger arms than me, I'd be insecure too bud. The whole post was about my cardio. I've never not done cardio. Just slacked off after college basketball season because I generally need sports to watch on my machine to get me into it. Baseball doesn't really cut it and the NBA playoffs were too late at night. Couch to 5K is just a different means to make cardio more interesting, set goals and have a shared activity with the wife.

Reactions: drxman1
My couch was like 5k too.

Chad has better arms than Anth at least. Don't know about his core though. Sad my little buddy has forsaken the Bachelorette, would have been fun tonight.

Get on up. Ha!

Sorry to hear about your friend. Wish him and his family the best.

Started Meridian last week while on vacation. It's great so far(chap 9). A couple of Kentucky references. I just wish I had a better understanding of the landscape and terrain he's describing. Not too familiar with Southwest Texas. Still been a great read though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I really need to lift more. I was much bigger when I met you guys but haven't lifted consistently since like 2006. I just really enjoy running and cycling. Both keep me in good enough shape. Been tempted to join Fitness 19 or something like that just to have a place I can run when it rains/snows and put 45 minutes lifting in before work or at lunch. Wish they had a shower though. I'd feel disgusting going back without a shower.

As I don't get into discussions about medical issues Bobby should really refrain from discussing anything fitness related. Porsches, medicine, boats, flabby ass cougars, red meat... subjects I trust you discussing.

Last edited:
Penny Auctions sites have to rake. I looked at beezid when it first became a big name a few years ago. They make .60 on every .01 bid. You could purchase some packages that lowered your cost and got some free bids for joining. So that might knock their earnings down to .40 for every bid. So that IPad or 55" TV that sold for $30 probably made them $1200+........

..........if all the bids are legit, which many question.

Just cause I'm out of shape doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm lazy, I get that. It shows.

Enjoying my husky phase. I prefer boats to bikes. Maybe the new purchase will spur a return to fitness...I think you're a little obsessed with weight though bubbers. You need to relax a little bit. You're about to become a dad (already worlds greatest). You're world is about to change. Looking forward to nice Fanth.

[QUOTE="Beavis606, post: 1831707, member: 78"
--Why is UVa wearing camo baseball unis? Why do so many college and hs teams wear them? 73? Cricket? Strokin? Anyone?[/QUOTE]

I think it has to do with the shoe companies pushing out these designs. Camo is last years big thing. This upcoming year its seems to sublimated old school Astros and White Sox style throwbacks. That is what my sons summer team is wearing.

-That's because you eat like trash but I have no doubt I'll put weight back on. Probably b/w October - March like I basically have for the past 10 years.

-The biggest change for me to the positive will be the reduction of extended binge drinking. That's where I pack on the LBS. Bahamas, Nola, Cancun, Christmas, Chicago, SECT, Tourney. Put on 2 lbs each one of those and boom.

-Lighter notes: Not a fan of this weather pattern. Give me some sun and warmth. Days are already getting shorter now.

-You'd have to think the news about Murray pushing his decision can only be good for us.

Been at Fitness 19 on Boston for about 2 years now. Not the greatest facility if you want all the bells and whistles, but it has plenty of cardio equipment, weights and I pay $12 a month. No brainer unless you want a spa and fresh chocolates on your towels.

You can always try cross-fit. I hear that's a hit these days.

Booker's right about sublimated uniforms. That's all the rage right now and camo is a top pattern, especially in baseball. Russell Athletic and Adidas are the top brands that do this (I'm not a fan of either).

You don't see so much of the camo/alternate uniforms in HS sports because of $$$, which is obvious. But "pink outs" are huge in HS now. Off brand companies are making cheap, pink uniforms for this and I know of some teams that will do this for basketball.

Camo sucks unless you get stitch on, b/c the white press application will bleed through. Looks terrible for most youth teams who can't afford the more expensive stitch option.

We had a sublimated uni for our travel team. Was pretty sweet looking...like the Old Astros.

- My only complaint with my gym is that there isn't much eye candy. Besides that, I love it.

- Gotta admit those Michigan travel and tourism commercials do make me want to go to Michigan. That dude's voice is so soothing.

- UK-Texas was on the U last night. Watched a bit of it and got a twinge of melancholy remembering just how confident I was back then.

- Shit- Virginia didn't even have the worst jerseys. What the hell was Vandy wearing?

- Jimmy Buffet at Riverbend tonight. I've never been. How fun is it?

- Cracks me up whenever BBdK alludes to Richie when discussing women and describes them as "not stressed or angry.":joy:

- Gotta admit those Michigan travel and tourism commercials do make me want to go to Michigan. That dude's voice is so soothing.

- Jimmy Buffet at Riverbend tonight. I've never been. How fun is it?

I'm going back to the D this weekend. Buddy's birthday/resident reunion. Hit Tiger game on Sunday and Greektown.

If you've never been to Buffet at Riverbend, and you like that kind of music, then you should experience it.

Thought Chad had been to multiple Buffet concerts at River Bend. Should be pretty easy getting in and out of that one...

-Sublimated:

To be transformed directly from the solid to the gaseous state or from the gaseous to the solid state without becoming a liquid.
v.tr.
1. Chemistry To cause (a solid or gas) to sublimate.

a. To modify the natural expression of (a primitive, instinctual impulse) in a socially acceptable manner.
b. To divert the energy associated with (an unacceptable impulse or drive) into an acceptable activity

o_O
Sounds like pretty cool unis idk.

-100 Degree turbo humid summer weather sucks, TS. I'm sure it will get smoking hot just in time for the Eli, Anth. Too bad you never play anymore, you're pretty much guaranteed your favorite weather on that weekend. [sick]

10 Days til Playa, will definitely be hot there. I don't mind the heat when I have nothing to do but chill and get in water....but for golf, work attire, car, etc, touch that.

-Still can't find a hot pic of her, but I pretty much worship Lori Grenier on screen. There is *definitely* something sexy about her. If I was on SharkTank, I'd choose her for 90% of products...instant millionaire no matter what if you choose her.

What a great show, btw.

-Clark sent me a text from a Barstool Sports article comparing Holly Sonders to Madison Ivy...and it's pretty dead on. Not gonna Lycos it at work, but it's worth a look.

-Never thought we were getting Murray, just like I never thought we were getting Newman, Zimmerman, Brown, Swanigan, and basically everyone else. Just a terrible vibe with this entire class which turned out correct...what a bunch of F Boys.

Edit: Ha, SAE. Me too, bub. Felt dumb there for a minute.

Coming up on 100 pages. What a special day. To keep the shitposting to a minimum, some of you should just take the day off. Cha-ching, rack, thanks for sublimating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT