ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
* mr wonderful runs that show (shark tank), but that guy doesnt invest in anything. unless the people are willing to turn around and get bent over by some slaprichard offer, he's out. pretty weak.

* lori rocks the side pony tail, which was pretty awesome in the 80s. talk about a gal that gets the most out of her looks. shes a solid 6.5/7, but throw in some nice, form-fitting clothing, good makeup, and an overflowing bank account, and she is indeed very dope.

* heart-racing, sweat-pouring, hardcore cardio is a must for me. gotta do it 5 days/week. clears my mind. makes me happy.

* i belong to the jewish community center. its the closest/nicest full service gym in the area -- one of the only ones actually. kinda sucks, as the ratio of fat/old/hairy men significantly outweighs the ratio of hot/young/not-stressed-or-angry lassies. not even close, really.

* kash daniels works at a car wash. i mean, of course he does. this kid better commit.

* biggest lies in sports:

#1 = height (as measured in basketball)
#2 = 40 time (as measured in football)
#3 = _____________ (insert name) has added x number of pounds of muscle

from ksr....

In three months of nothing but working out in California with Karl-Anthony Towns, Cauley-Stein has added 20 pounds of muscle and even more elevation to his vertical, all while learning what it’s like to be on his own, away from the conveniences of UK basketball.

[laughing]

no. no, he hasn't added TWENTY POUNDS OF MUSCLE IN 3 MONTHS. fiction. i know thats whats being reported, but i dont even think this is possible with peds.

This discussion was proved on several occasions last summer. Anth even conceded my victory, but has yet to pay up.

Nothing was proved. Your normal good ball doesn't go 300, period.

Your very best may under perfect conditions....there are 5-6 posters in this thread who can say the very same.

I've driven our 317 yard Par 4 17th twice this year, and twice in my life. Took a supreme nut jub, down wind, fast conditions, and a great bounce to do so.

We went over this. The bet was (1) 300 yard drive in 18. I never saw it. Adam did, allegedly. I conceded b/c everyone was exhausted hearing your nonsense. Also, I know you lost a subsequent bet over the winter if I remember correctly.

11088357_748498271939924_7773822005448399302_n.jpg

Here is an example of a sublimated jersey. Basically its not screen printed like ones you usually see. I had not heard about it either until a month ago.

thats the lie of the 300-yard drive.

the shot-by-shot breakdown typically goes something like this.....

#1 = 172 yard duck hook
#2 = 214 worm burner
#3 = 227 yard snap
#4 = 209 sprayed to the right
#5 = 243 yards pulled into the left rough
#6 = 302 yard bomb, dead center
#7 = topped. 107 yards
#8 = 236 yards ob
#9 = 274 yards. started great, turned left. deep rough
#10 = 219 yards right edge of fairway

actual analysis = you SUCK at golf.
players version = dude, when i get ahold of it, i can *mash* off the tee. im only a bogey golfer, but when i get ahold of one, i can CRUSH it. 300 yards, easy. im not that great, but i flat out kill the ball when i square it up right. im only a so-so player, but especially when im on, i am ON. just kill it.

We went over this. The bet was (1) 300 yard drive in 18. I never saw it. Adam did, allegedly. I conceded b/c everyone was exhausted hearing your nonsense. Also, I know you lost a subsequent bet over the winter if I remember correctly.

Since you guys bring it up, a 330 yd bomb also witnessed during our St Louis trip. Tried to drag Anth out on the course all last summer, all I could get from Gyero was Adam. Even bought a laser range finder.

Regarding this winter-You were chunking around at a pretty good clip too. We never did the final weigh in, so that fattle was null and void.

- That Harrisons piece on SI was pretty good (not linking, get Twitter, bitches). Interesting that Andrew was such a bad interview.

- I love the NBA Draft. So, thoughts on the UK guys? My hot takes:

Towns- franchise guy for all his talent as well as his personality, leadership and intangibles, I think he's an All-Star and future Top 20 guy, SI compared him to Marc Gasol which is interesting

WCS- I don't know, he's such a freak athletically and for all his bullshit, his D was always there for us. Maybe he turns into a great NBA player, I just wouldn't bet my life on it

Booker- I think he could be really, really good. Maybe not as good as Thompson, but in that ballpark. I love his cockiness and feel for the game, and think he's a few years away from being stupid good from 3.

Lyles- at worst a solid rotation guy, too much skill to not be a good NBA 4-man

Johnson- exactly what you think he'll be- a 10-15 year pro role player

Andrew- I think he could be a steal, I think the shot is there and will continue to improve, and he could be a Livingston type off the bench

Aaron- if there's one thing that confused the shit out of me this year, it was his regression as an outside shooter. I get NBA types not having much faith in him, but I could also see him developing into a really good marksman and rotation guy; needs to become a GREAT defender in the Bogans mold

- That's all fine and dandy that the flag is coming down, but the real issue won't get touched- guns.

- Turn 36 this weekend. OLD. Dating a 27-year-old, tho. That's how you do it, playas.

I actually want a nice laser, but can't ever pull the trigger. Cot damn those things are expensive. Even the used ones seem like way too much money when I get the itch.

Oh, and I can GUARANTEE if I ever get one, it will NEVER, not once, be used to measure a drive. [laughing]

When I headed to Key West I weighed in at 204. That was the cut off. Can't help it you decided to eat every steak you found. After that I put it all back on plus 5 very quickly. Funny that we're just going to null and void that bet, but the bet you "won" stands.

Also, might be a reason you couldn't get anyone from gyero out to play. Don't seem to remember having issues filling a foursome when I was in golf mode.

-BBdk, would love to play Eli this year. I'll just ask WS if I can leave her with our likely 2 week old infant and head on down for a weekend of debauchery and golf. I'll get back with ya on it but I'm 95% in.

- Have to do cardio 5-6 days per week. It's a release for me. Clear my mind and I feel that much better after getting a good sweat on.

Do need to mix in some light lifting. What I don't get is dude in his mid to late 30's trying to max out and lift heavy weight. Nobody here is trying out for the combine.

- Love the NBA Draft and everything about it.. Seeing where our guys land, the trade rumors, the akward interviews, the crazy outfits, etc.

Lyles could be a real steal in the teens. Solid stretch 4 who has a great skillset and IQ.

- Watching some of the draft previews on the NBATV and ESPN constantly showing our highlights still makes me a little sick in the stomach.

Watched some of that Texas game last night and our first game against Auburn in Rupp. Auburn was garbage but it was amazing to see what we did playing against a coach in Pearl who lets his players get up and down and never once tried to slow it down and muck it up. We scored 110.

Makes it even more painful knowing that we would've run Duke out of Indy come that 2nd half.

- Daniel has to be ours.

SkyCaddie should be the go to tool for measuring a drive.

I can in fact hit a 300 yard drive. Most of them are around 285. I'm pretty mediocre in most regard toward golf but I can send one out there off of the tee. In fact, the long drive trophy from last week's Bluegrass Claims Golf Scramble is sitting in my office. I put it past 2nd place by a good 30 yards or so at the UK course.

Also, might be a reason you couldn't get anyone from gyero out to play. Don't seem to remember having issues filling a foursome when I was in golf mode.

I wanted to play during the week when I was off. The weekends were reserved for my terrible pool parties. You were just a conscientious golf objector last summer. I actually played quit a bit.

This summer have only been out twice.

The Anth-Boat rivalry has really turned (turnt?) up here of late.

While my hairline has creeped much more than Anth's, he has way more grey hairs (and is 5 years younger). TS

If chad played i bet he'd be a helluva golfer and may be able to clear his mind out there instead of on the pavement at nights on his runs. I picture a Corey Pavin like game. Solid ball striker, can move the ball both ways, great putter, great course management, great mustache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT