ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

Picked up a 15 can sampler of Oskar Blues yesterday.

I've had the Can-O_Bliss Citrus IPA, and the Thick Haze so far. LIked them both (the Thick Haze more so) Always been aware of them (OBlues) just never tried anything but the Gubna (too much for me)

I'd buy this again.

I've had the Can-O_Bliss Citrus IPA, and the Thick Haze so far. LIked them both (the Thick Haze more so) Always been aware of them (OBlues) just never tried anything but the Gubna (too much for me)

I'd buy this again.
Oskar Blues opened up a satellite brewery here in ATX about 2 miles from our place. I've visited twice. Good beer.

Reactions: jameslee32

I'd buy this again.
The Gubna is a bit much. Probably best to buy and let sit for a couple of years.

Oskar Blues opened up a satellite brewery here in ATX about 2 miles from our place. I've visited twice. Good beer.
I went to a little micro in Austin. Can’t remember the name, but could see the Top Golf from the road that got us there. It was pretty good.

That sausage restaurant downtown in the touristy area had a lot of great beers. Had a duck and mushroom sausage with a couple of great tap beers.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I went to a little micro in Austin. Can’t remember the name, but could see the Top Golf from the road that got us there. It was pretty good.

That sausage restaurant downtown in the touristy area had a lot of great beers. Had a duck and mushroom sausage with a couple of great tap beers.
Possibly Circle Brewing or Hopsquad Brewing Co.? Circle is decent. They brew a new imperial wheat I've not yet sampled, Blur is okay. Have not yet visited Hopsquad. Both located roughly two miles from our place.

Possibly Circle Brewing or Hopsquad Brewing Co.? Circle is decent. They brew a new imperial wheat I've not yet sampled, Blur is okay. Have not yet visited Hopsquad. Both located roughly two miles from our place.
If I recall, it may have been on a residential street? There was a nice indoor area, but we sat outside. I think the area was covered in astro turf. The problem is I don’t have untapped and I have been to many small breweries and probably conflate them. I think I had a citrus IPA. Sun-something?

@AustinTXCat - it may have been Southern Heights. Friends wanted to take us to Jester, but their hours were odd and did not fit. We came in for the UK/A&M game and decided to stay in Austin, because I like the city.

Dad_Can_Render_new-768x1179.png

This beer tonight to celebrate big Wildcats and Bengals victories this weekend!

@AustinTXCat - it may have been Southern Heights. Friends wanted to take us to Jester, but their hours were odd and did not fit. We came in for the UK/A&M game and decided to stay in Austin, because I like the city.
Southeast Austin. Top Golf operates another facility down that way. Southern Heights is comparatively new. I've not yet visited.

I’m not usually a fan of Christmas beers because they use way too much spices, but I tried Taft’s Santa’s Bribe and it’s perfect.
Also, Rhinegeist Blizzberry seasonal is out and it’s like drinking candy. I’m going to stock up.
Got Santa's Bribe in the fridge right now. Dad is probably my favorite Rhinegeist beer. Bubbles, Wowie, Fiction and Cheetah less so.

Listermann's is the oldest and still most underrated brewer in town. Streetside is great also. I have fun every time I go there. Rhinegeist always seems to disappoint.

No, not really watery. Yes, thin head. Issue for me boiled down to initial taste on the front-end. Unsure if too much cherry or something else. Not bad. Just unusual. Guinness Nitro Stout is my GoTo during winter months.
I like the Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout. Young’s Choco is good too.

Last night, I had a Hopslam with dinner while the wife had a Founder’s Nemesis. She can handle that big ABV. A celebration of Michigan brewing.

Founders is great , son lives in Detroit , the local taproom is a winner . .. I had a great beer from Florida this week , from ?? Animal brewing Co.. called " Brake for Moose " a superb BA RI stout . .. and "Swish". a highly rated double IPA from up in the NE , Maine maybe . And a local favorite a colab between Urban Art and Listermanns -- Untitled Art , a BA party stout with several berries , cinnamon and lactose . My Favorite stout ever .

Last night, I had a Hopslam with dinner while the wife had a Founder’s Nemesis. She can handle that big ABV. A celebration of Michigan brewing.
I'm more of a breakfast stout kind of guy. Haven't had nemesis yet

Big fan of Taft's. Is the stay classy as good as the maverick?
It's similar but might be better actually. They have 3 that are simiar Porter style beers. The other was the original Chili beer. They only had it at the Brewporium at first. I don't think it was an Chili ale but I had 2 because it was good also.

I've still got one Hopslam saved for special occasions. That beer causes trouble when I drink too much.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT