ADVERTISEMENT

Good news starts at noon tomorrow...

NIT's man, NIT's. UK should never miss the tournament.

Final 4's just mean you just won your region. Not all ff runs are equal.
It was an entirely different situation in 1976. The NIT was a much better field then (only 32 made NCAA) and considering everything that team went through that year it was a nice accomplishment. You are actually disrespecting Final 4's?

NIT's man, NIT's. UK should never miss the tournament.

Final 4's just mean you just won your region. Not all ff runs are equal.

Final fours mean you had a shot to win the title. Tubby never had more than one legit shot.

No non-UK fan or basketball analyst is ranking Tubby ahead of hall and calipari at UK. And they are neutral and non biased.

Reactions: grevey35
We have 4 of the top 8 freshman in the country. They will all be game changers. You get that, right?
Yeah, like Boston, Whitney and Askew?

You're a buffoon if you think a bunch of hs kids are going to win anything of note.

Do you seriously think a bunch of hs kids are going to come in and kill it in today’s college basketball? C'mon, you're not that gullible, are you???

I have no idea what you're talking about. What exaggeration are you referring to?
This says an awful lot if you really have to ask. KYJEFF!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M TRYING TO GET YOUR ATTENTION THIS WAY TO RESPOND SINCE MY POSTING PRIVILEGES HAVE BEEN REVOKED WITH NO REASON OR EXPLANATION. "everything is a fu**ing mess. Every aspect of this program is either charred, or in flames" This the hyperbole I am referring to.

Last edited:
Yeah, like Boston, Whitney and Askew?

You're a buffoon if you think a bunch of hs kids are going to win anything of note.

Do you seriously think a bunch of hs kids are going to come in and kill it in today’s college basketball? C'mon, you're not that gullible, are you???
I'm nearly positive they are waaaaay better than Boston , Whitney , and Askew. WHAT IS THE STORY WITH POSTING PRIVLEGES SUSPENDED? I HAVE BROKEN NO RULES. THERE IS NO EXPLANATION. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME TODAY. THEY RETURNED ONCE WITH NO EXPLANATION.

Last edited:
It was an entirely different situation in 1976. The NIT was a much better field then (only 32 made NCAA) and considering everything that team went through that year it was a nice accomplishment. You are actually disrespecting Final 4's?
Are all final 4's created equally? Again, it just means you won your region.
Is our 2014 run the same as the one Illinois Illinois went on in 2018?
Final fours are great, but this is UK, we are judged by titles, or is that not correct now, because you don't like my stance?

You’re assuming they are. In the summer of 2020, we all swore up and down we had a final 4 squad. How many times are you guys going to fall for this?
I'm nearly positive they are waaaaay better than Boston , Whitney , and Askew.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Are all final 4's created equally? Again, it just means you won your region.
Is our 2014 run the same as the one Illinois Illinois went on in 2018?
Final fours are great, but this is UK, we are judged by titles, or is that not correct now, because you don't like my stance?
so you are happy only about 1 out of every 12 years or so

I do put Tubby ahead of Joe B as a head coach, but as a stalwart in the program, Joe B is miles ahead.
No way I’d put Tubby above Joe B, personally. Hall’s missed NCAATs are nuanced. The first one he missed in 74 was his worst season, but, only 25 teams got bids. It expanded to 32 the next year, 40 in 1979, 48 in 1980 & didn’t grow to 64 until his last season in 85.

Joe B still made 3 FFs in 13 seasons at UK, including a runner-up finish in 75 & winning the 78 championship. He missed the 32 team field in 76 but went 20-10 (11-7) & won the NIT championship when it still meant something. Then in 79 we were 19-12 (10-8) & like the 76 season, that team would’ve also made the NCAAT in a 64-68 team field. So, he only had one team that would’ve missed the NCAAT by today’s standards.

6 of his 13 teams finished in the top 8 of the AP poll, 8/13 finished in the top 15 & 9/13 finished in the top 17. For the vast majority of his tenure we were a top 10 team in an era that was much tougher to win in compared to Tubby’s & Calipari’s eras. His teams spent a lot of time inside the top 5, too.

Outside of a few disappointing NCAATs, there really isn’t a lot to complain about with Joe B. His slow down style of play was frustrating, but, he still won at a high level. And, again, it was a lot harder to win in that era with better players at the college level, better teams (and more of them) & fewer NCAAT bids. He was a very good recruiter, too. He was exponentially better than Tubby in most every regard, IMO & according to history.

so you are happy only about 1 out of every 12 years or so
I'm happy any time I get to see UK play, I am not happy when a coach would rather watch little house on the prairie instead of putting in the work that UK pays him well for.

He didn't do his homework and he got completely outcoached in the KSU game, that is a constant theme with this jackoff.

I have no problem losing as long as we were a legit threat and everyone did the best they could.

Got any other stupid questions?

No way I’d put Tubby above Joe B, personally. Hall’s missed NCAATs are nuanced. The first one he missed in 74 was his worst season, but, only 25 teams got bids. It expanded to 32 the next year, 40 in 1979, 48 in 1980 & didn’t grow to 64 until his last season in 85.

Joe B still made 3 FFs in 13 seasons at UK, including a runner-up finish in 75 & winning the 78 championship. He missed the 32 team field in 76 but went 20-10 (11-7) & won the NIT championship when it still meant something. Then in 79 we were 19-12 (10-8) & like the 76 season, that team would’ve also made the NCAAT in a 64-68 team field. So, he only had one team that would’ve missed the NCAAT by today’s standards.

6 of his 13 teams finished in the top 8 of the AP poll, 8/13 finished in the top 15 & 9/13 finished in the top 17. For the vast majority of his tenure we were a top 10 team in an era that was much tougher to win in compared to Tubby’s & Calipari’s eras. His teams spent a lot of time inside the top 5, too.

Outside of a few disappointing NCAATs, there really isn’t a lot to complain about with Joe B. His slow down style of play was frustrating, but, he still won at a high level. And, again, it was a lot harder to win in that era with better players at the college level, better teams (and more of them) & fewer NCAAT bids. He was a very good recruiter, too. He was exponentially better than Tubby in most every regard, IMO & according to history.
It’s just my opinion.

The truly great news is that you'll have an extra 5 days to work out roster projections.

I'll get you started, @caneintally :

C - Onyenso
F - Bradshaw
F - Edwards - - Thiero - Burks
G - Wagner - Hart
G - Dillingham - Sheppard

Or, if you're a little more daring...

C - Onyenso
F - Bradshaw - (wait for it...)
Burks!!!
F - Edwards - Thiero
G - Wagner - Hart
G - Dillingham - Sheppard

You've got 5 days to iron that out, brother. Get on it. BBN is counting on you...
Well hell...toss in the ball boy and we got enough to practice...

SBq71z8.png

I'm happy any time I get to see UK play, I am not happy when a coach would rather watch little house on the prairie instead of putting in the work that UK pays him well for.

He didn't do his homework and he got completely outcoached in the KSU game, that is a constant theme with this jackoff.

I have no problem losing as long as we were a legit threat and everyone did the best they could.

Got any other stupid questions?
I'm pretty sure you said only Titles matter. HEY WOODROW!!!!!! LOOKUP!!!!!!!!! THIS IS MY ONLY WAY TOO RESPOND AS MY PRIVILEGES MYSTERIOUSLY HAVE GONE AGAIN. I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT YOUR LEADBELLY REFERENCE. WHO AREYOU? YOU SEEM TO BE WAY OFF BASE. DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ALL THE MONKEYING OCCURRING WITH MY ACCOUNT? ARE YOU KYJEFF1? OTHERWISE I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you said only Titles matter.
How many strawmen are you going to build here bruh?

The first conversation was about comparing coaches, in order to do that, you have to compare their accomplishments and failures.

Then, you told me I was only happy once every 12 years, obviously meaning I'm only happy with titles, because, in your world, me saying Cal only has 1 title, somehow means I'm only happy when UK wins a title. Weird, I'm not sure how you concluded that, but you do you, I guess.

But then, I literally explained everything to you and you STILL don't understand. This is a YOU problem.

The first conversation was about comparing coaches, in order to do that, you have to compare their accomplishments and failures.

Then, you told me I was only happy once every 12 years, obviously meaning I'm only happy with titles, because, in your world, me saying Cal only has 1 title, somehow means I'm only happy when UK wins a title. Weird, I'm not sure how you concluded that, but you do you, I guess.

But then, I literally explained everything to you and you STILL don't understand. This is a YOU problem.
I have used no strawmen. The first conversation was when I called someone else out for being very insulting towards Burks. That was not me who responded to you pointing out the title every 12 years. I will include your quote to explain the only titles count comment. "Final fours are great, but this is UK, we are judged by titles, or is that not correct now, because you don't like my stance? - kyjeff1

Leadbelly went from blaming me for getting banned to blaming you. Rivals is going to end up having to do something about what’s been going on

Where does your Tubby disrespect come from?
See how that works?
I'm not disrespecting Tubby in any way. I am merely pointing out that by any objective measure Hall was clearly better. Facts matter. It is only disrespectful when you reject objective measure to slight someone.

Leadbelly went from blaming me for getting banned to blaming you. Rivals is going to end up having to do something about what’s been going on
You seem to think I'm leadbelly but you are wrong. Is this the entire reason for calling me out? If so we can just write it off as a misunderstanding. I wasn't trying to drag jeff in I was just trying to figure out where this was coming from. I never blamed either one of you for anything. I simply asked the question. *************** APPARENTLY i AM REDUCED TO THIS AS MY ONLY WAY TO POST AGAIN. WOODROW I CAN GUARANTEE I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. I MUST SAY THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN SOMEONE HUNTED AND ATTACKED OVER A LIKE. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THE POST YOU REFERENCE HERE. NOT SURE WHY I GAVE IT A LIKE. I DO NOT REMEMBER IT AT ALL. WERE YOU BEING ANNOYING? MAYBE THAT IS WHY I GAVE HIM A LIKE.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
You seem to think I'm leadbelly but you are wrong. Is this the entire reason for calling me out? If so we can just write it off as a misunderstanding. I wasn't trying to drag jeff in I was just trying to figure out where this was coming from. I never blamed either one of you for anything. I simply asked the question.
Why would you like a post calling me a troll? What have I done to you? Only person would have done that is Leadbelly

I have used no strawmen. The first conversation was when I called someone else out for being very insulting towards Burks. That was not me who responded to you pointing out the title every 12 years. I will include your quote to explain the only titles count comment. "Final fours are great, but this is UK, we are judged by titles, or is that not correct now, because you don't like my stance? - kyjeff1
That's right, we're judged by titles, Do you not agree?

Why would you like a post calling me a troll? What have I done to you? Only person would have done that is Leadbelly
You seem so sure but you are truly so wrong. I have no idea about the post you are referring to. If you were being annoying in the given thread maybe that is why he got a like. I honestly have no clue what it's about but I'm definitely not leadbelly.

I'm not disrespecting Tubby in any way. I am merely pointing out that by any objective measure Hall was clearly better. Facts matter. It is only disrespectful when you reject objective measure to slight someone.
Okay, but you asked why I disrespected Hall. I'm not sure why me favoring Tubby over Hall is disrespecting him.
But again, it works both ways, if you put Hall ahead of Tubby, well, you are then disrespecting Tubby, right?

That's right, we're judged by titles, Do you not agree?
That is one thing. Acting like Final 4's do not matter is ridiculous though. **************************************************HEY WOODROW*********************************************** BACK TO HAVING TO DO THIS AGAIN. IT'S COOL, I UNDERSTAND WHAT ITS LIKE AROUND HERE.

Last edited:
You seem so sure but you are truly so wrong. I have no idea about the post you are referring to. If you were being annoying in the given thread maybe that is why he got a like. I honestly have no clue what it's about but I'm definitely not leadbelly.
If you’re not him, I’m sorry.

Reactions: grevey35
Okay, but you asked why I disrespected Hall. I'm not sure why me favoring Tubby over Hall is disrespecting him.
But again, it works both ways, if you put Hall ahead of Tubby, well, you are then disrespecting Tubby, right?
I explained it in the post you just quoted. Joe B was clearly superior by any objective measure. I had even avoided pointing out Joe B built his own teams for the final 4 and title runs.

Last edited:
C'mon man!.... (doing my best Biden imitation) You are smart enough to see this team is woefully undermanned right now with 7 schools guys. Would LOVE to have the next 2 dudes the prognosticators say will be at UK, but these guys aren't immediate help. There is LEGIT reason to complain about Cal's depth issues from the past, and this coming season so far.
Now you just have to trip on an imaginary sandbag and the imitation is complete.

9-16 puts cal behind Tubby imo.

That one awful season being weighted more than 3 additional Final fours is baffling logic.

One could just as easily mention calipari having the two best win total seasons with 38 wins to put him back ahead.

You clearly focus on caliparis negatives while choosing to ignore tubby. As you say your opinion and I respect it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT