ADVERTISEMENT

Good news starts at noon tomorrow...

I think it’s more getting excited for a 6’9” wing who was the leading scorer for OTE.
Ahead of other OTE guys who are going top 10 in the draft, and ahead of one of our 5* recruits. Doesn't mean he is better than or as good as those guys, but it does say to me that he is better than the rankings say and is competitive with those top guys.

It sounds like Burks has a really high ceiling. Granted, we haven't had luck at UK keeping people like Burns. People like Banks typically think they are lottery picks after year one and put their name in the draft. However, with the current NIL silliness it is just as likely that Brooks will take his talents to the highest bidder after this season. I believe that Bliss could turn into an absolute baller if he sticks around for more than a year.

Last edited:
Ahead of other OTE guys who are going top 10 in the draft, and ahead of one of our 5* recruits. Doesn't mean he is better than or as good as those guys, but it does say to me that he is better than the rankings say and is competitive with those top guys.
2 things of note about Jordan Burks that I see everyone post:

1- he was the leading scorer at OTE but joined very late and played a limited amount of games

2- he is not 6’9. He has good size and length but he is not 6’9. He has an IG post from a couple weeks back where he’s standing next to Brandon Marshall(who he’s making the announcement with today) and is only slightly taller than him. Marshall measured 6’4.5” at the combine so with shoes is probably about 6’6”. Burks is in slides in the pic but still a little bit taller. I’d say he’s right around 6’7 or slightly below without shoes and maybe about 6’8 with. I know that is way too much analysis on his height but that talk of him being 6’9” is just a little bit of a stretch often combined with point 1 to boast about this get.

I am excited to add him though. I’d love the backstory of his HS and AAU journey because to say this kid bounced around would be a massive understatement. You can rewatch games on Amazon Prime from OTE so may have to watch one with Burks vs Somto/Rob since it might involve a huge chunk of our team!

Reactions: bevcat
This kind of garbage serves no positive purpose.
What's your point?
You guys act like everything is going great with this program. Since the 20/21 season started, there has been a constant kick to our nuts and you jokers want us fans to sit there and act like it isn’t happening.

Are you blind??? Do you not see what's happening?

Don’t attack the fans for hating what Cal has done to this program. He just continues to make poor decision after poor decision. He screwed this all up and missed out on a bunch of really good players. Don't talk down to the fans that are calling a spade a spade, call out the guy that gets paid 9 million a year to manage this program.

what did Tubby do for this program??? he won a title his first year..then never another sniff...yet here you are bitching about Cal

what did Tubby do for this program??? he won a title his first year..then never another sniff...yet here you are bitching about Cal
Tubby won as many titles as Cal and never missed the NCAAT.

Cal has 1 title with ten times the talent, he owns the worst season in program history, the worst NCAAT loss in program history, multiple home losses to mid majors and he turned UK into an NBA farm system where individual goals and accomplishments are more important than the program.

Yeah, there are many legit reasons for the Cal hate.

Smith led Kentucky to one national championship in 1998, a perfect 16–0 regular season conference record in 2003, five SEC regular season championships (1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005) and five SEC Tournament titles (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004). Smith led the Wildcats to six Sweet Sixteen appearances (1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005) and four Elite Eight appearances (1998, 1999, 2003, 2005) in his ten seasons. He totaled 100 wins quicker than any other Wildcat coach except Hall of Fame member Adolph Rupp and current Wildcat coach John Calipari, reaching the plateau in 130 games. Smith was named National Coach of the Year in 2003 and SEC Coach of the Year in 1998, 2003, and 2005. I'd say he did a lot for the program, when did you start watching?

pitino had a great run here and did the smart thing by leaving...Tubby stayed too long and do has Cal....this job can't sustain our irrational fan base more than about eight years...its just that simple. we have 8 titles in our history...so this entitlement we portray as fans is quite delusional.

• Haha
Reactions: WeWant9
Smith led Kentucky to one national championship in 1998, a perfect 16–0 regular season conference record in 2003, five SEC regular season championships (1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005) and five SEC Tournament titles (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004). Smith led the Wildcats to six Sweet Sixteen appearances (1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005) and four Elite Eight appearances (1998, 1999, 2003, 2005) in his ten seasons. He totaled 100 wins quicker than any other Wildcat coach except Hall of Fame member Adolph Rupp and current Wildcat coach John Calipari, reaching the plateau in 130 games. Smith was named National Coach of the Year in 2003 and SEC Coach of the Year in 1998, 2003, and 2005. I'd say he did a lot for the program, when did you start watching?

What's your point?
You guys act like everything is going great with this program. Since the 20/21 season started, there has been a constant kick to our nuts and you jokers want us fans to sit there and act like it isn’t happening.

Are you blind??? Do you not see what's happening?

Don’t attack the fans for hating what Cal has done to this program. He just continues to make poor decision after poor decision. He screwed this all up and missed out on a bunch of really good players. Don't talk down to the fans that are calling a spade a spade, call out the guy that gets paid 9 million a year to manage this program.
I've never pretended like everything is great. Crapping all over things isn't helping though. I find this very rude and unfair to a guy who has signed on to play for us. Time well tell how productive he turns out to be. Grievously insulting him before he even gets here because people hate Cal is not too cool in my book.

Tubby won as many titles as Cal and never missed the NCAAT.

Cal has 1 title with ten times the talent, he owns the worst season in program history, the worst NCAAT loss in program history, multiple home losses to mid majors and he turned UK into an NBA farm system where individual goals and accomplishments are more important than the program.

Yeah, there are many legit reasons for the Cal hate.

Tubby also only went to 1 final four.

Ironically calipari also owns the 2 most successful years in history wins wise with him winning 38 games twice.

It makes you wonder what the hell happened to him?

He always had his warts but last 3 years have been like a different person.

The same way we get excited about a 0 star recruit who transferred from Illinois State last season…..
Are you talking about the guy who crapped the bed in the most important game of the year and is now bolting for greener pastures? That guy?

I've never pretended like everything is great. Crapping all over things isn't helping though. I find this very rude and unfair to a guy who has signed on to play for us. Time well tell how productive he turns out to be. Grievously insulting him before he even gets here because people hate Cal is not too cool in my book.
"Crapping all over things" is absurd hyperbole, but I'll bite.

What COULD the frustrated fans do to "help things?"

Reactions: delk4three
People forgot what normal recruiting is like - even at big schools other than UK - in the Cal era. There are 3-star guys on the bench at just about every major program, even some starters .... but at UK, in the Cal era, UK fans on this message board expect 4 and 5-star players from 1-10 on the roster .... uber-spoiled by the 2015 season/roster.
It's wild too. We want 5 star talent but we don't want them to be freshmen. We want transfers but we want them to be 5 star talent (when the majority of 5 star talents don't play a 2nd year). We want continuity of roster but also want the best players who aren't likely to stay more than one year.

I think what 'we' really want is to revert to a time where the best players stayed 3-4 years and that just isn't going to happen. So the beatings will continue until morale improves?

This upcoming year could be a lot of fun if you knew the nucleus of the team would be back for at least a 2nd year. Ain’t happening in todays college basketball and certainly not happening under Cal.

These are the type players we were begging Cal to take 6-7 yrs ago …but we don’t necessarily want them now
Because he wanted to, not because he was in panic mode. Cal didn't give a flying F about this kid until June 1st. Do I hope he does well? Yes! Do I hope he's a diamond in the rough? Absolutely!

Because he wanted to, not because he was in panic mode. Cal didn't give a flying F about this kid until June 1st. Do I hope he does well? Yes! Do I hope he's a diamond in the rough? Absolutely!
I agree . Of course we’d have all been freaking out a yr ago with San Diego state or FAU’s roster ( talent-wise) , so we’ll see. I’d like to see Thiero take a step up …

It sounds like Burks has a really high ceiling. Granted, we haven't had luck at UK keeping people like Burns. People like Banks typically think they are lottery picks after year one and put their name in the draft. However, with the current NIL silliness it is just as likely that Brooks will take his talents to the highest bidder after this season. I believe that Bliss could turn into an absolute baller if he sticks around for more than a year.

I hope Barks doesn't read this.

Can we start a new thread with the names of all the MUST GET players we have to land now that I had never heard of 2 weeks ago? You know, the ones that are going to make our season successful.

Would be helpful.

I’ve noticed that a lot of the same people who whine and cry constantly that Cal doesn’t use enough of his scholarships for depth are now whining and crying that he’s signing one or two 3-star players.

Some people just like to whine and cry. The born losers.
About the only decent poster left on this site. it seems everyone else is either so over the top negative or over the top positive like Herro dude . What happened to being realistic and in the middle? I am excited to add depth and Burns will play . Now 6'5 Indiana kid won't but you still need players for practice. We add those 2 and we just need to add one more big and one more wing . And I suspect we will.

I agree . Of course we’d have all been freaking out a yr ago with San Diego state or FAU’s roster ( talent-wise) , so we’ll see. I’d like to see Thiero take a step up …
Thiero doesn't have a choice about taking a step up.

About the only decent poster left on this site. it seems everyone else is either so over the top negative or over the top positive like Herro dude . What happened to being realistic and in the middle? I am excited to add depth and Burns will play . Now 6'5 Indiana kid won't but you still need players for practice. We add those 2 and we just need to add one more big and one more wing . And I suspect we will.
if we add Burks and Hart and a big we will have a very good team
i would like to see a 3/4 added but if not we can go small ball

Well, we’re waiting.
giphy.gif

It's wild too. We want 5 star talent but we don't want them to be freshmen. We want transfers but we want them to be 5 star talent (when the majority of 5 star talents don't play a 2nd year). We want continuity of roster but also want the best players who aren't likely to stay more than one year.

I think what 'we' really want is to revert to a time where the best players stayed 3-4 years and that just isn't going to happen. So the beatings will continue until morale improves?
No. I think what we want is to win. Whether it is with 5-star one and done talent or 10 3* kids or 10 portal transfers or 7 back to the basket players or 7 3 point shooters. We haven't been doing much of that lately.

Just win baby!

if we add Burks and Hart and a big we will have a very good team
i would like to see a 3/4 added but if not we can go small ball
Yes, a very Young team with potential. Teams are going to rough our guys up, just hope they don’t retaliate like teenagers tend to do these days. We will hear that we are going to have to get tougher with the ball, rebounding with two hands and just putting a body on the defender.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT