ADVERTISEMENT

From a Hog/SEC/ basketball fan.

Hey, I appreciate the kindness and attempt at decorum, and the apology for the idiots who have inundated the board with nonsense tonight. I do have a suspicion, however, that you're either the very poster who created about a dozen screen names to flame UK fans here tonight or one of their pals. I'm sure we could look at IP addresses to confirm that first option (if I'm right)

As for the supposed rivalry between UK and Arkansas, there never really has been much of one. There was a bit of one back in the mid-90s when both of our teams were very good and the best in the SEC. But since then it's been back to very little rivalry because Arkansas hasn't been good enough most of the time. I'm sure Calipari's presence in Arkansas will make the games next season especially intense. Maybe we'll have a short-lived rivalry for a few years. Who knows?

Calipari is exactly like a used car salesman in multiple ways. He has a gimmick he uses to bring in recruits. It goes like this: bring in top 30 freshmen, promise them starts and minutes, get them lots of attention and NBA scouting, get them to work on their NBA game to make them most appealing, recruit next season's crop of freshmen over the current team, push the guys to be one and done, send them away to transfer if they aren't good enough to be drafted, rinse and repeat. He sees player "success" (i.e. making the NBA) as a higher priority than program or team wins. You'll see it eventually even if you turn a blind eye to it right now.

His spin on this is that he's a "players first coach and program." Arkansas fans will love the talent initially and expectations will soar, but when Cal can't produce wins at crunch time of the season, eyes will be opened.

Calipari can't coach from the bench very well. If his initial game plan isn't working, his team will struggle. He plays man to man, exclusively, regardless of how a game is going and regardless of whether his team is struggling to stay in front. He's stubborn. He hates criticism. Claims he's above it and ignores it, but he soaks it in and wears it, and will likely bring it up after a big win in a very cringe way. He downplays the SEC tournament, so don't expect much there. If something doesn't dramatically change for Cal with this move to Arkansas, he will be forced to retire in the next 5 years.

I was all in with Calipari when he came on board. His first 6 seasons were some of UK's best ever. I ignored much of the "players first" talk and even the bragging about the NBA draft being the biggest day in UK's history. But something changed after that 2014-15 team lost to Wisconsin, robbing him of a perfect season. And then the lifetime contract changed him again, followed closely by the Covid fallout. He's not been the same. I'd likely still be ignoring his flaws if he was still winning.

Last edited:
1st I would like to apologize for any AR fans coming to your forums to start crap. That doesn't represent 99.999% of AR fans.
If I come back it will only be to talk basketball nothing else. I would think that would be OK with true fans of the game. We have a UK fan on our forums that talks basketball.

2nd Congrats on Koby I hope the rumored 1.7M was not the price for a player that had a average of 11 PPG, the 3 point % looks good on paper but I really don't think he can do anything like that with a player in his face or he would of averaged a lot more points.

3rd Coaches. For AR and Muss he was trying to leave 2 years ago to UCLA to go back home but their coach did just enough to keep his job. When the Muss buss left most of us had no hard feelings if you look him up he never stays anywhere long. This year was a big bust, we beat Purdue and Duke then came the injuries and the same poison as last year Devo leaving the team 15 minutes before a game then the wheels fell off.
Cal I really despise him to put it nicely, reminds me of a used car salesman. With that said not sure I can watch a game still with him coaching. I hope for us he has figured out the game has passed him by and uses this opportunity to change.

For Pope I think this was not the best hire for one of the top basketball schools, we saved you like 30M in my opinion you could of done better.

4th With todays game with the portal and NIL NOBODY can consider their school as a destination like it was at one time. Now it's all about who will pay me the most money and you can expect the same thing the next year because they will be gone for more money.

5th AR VS KY I have never considered this game a rivalry. I'm sure some will disagree and after the events of this year it will be a huge game for the nation not just us. I dated a girl from the U of TX back when we were in the SWC and the game was coming up (football) and she informed me this was one sided, the only dates they circled on their calendar was A&M and OK.

6th I hope all of your fans and team a successful season and we play each other for the national title and one team wins by 2 points. Not really going to happen but sounds good at least.
Um, u DO understand we r happy he's yalls now, right? And don't worry bout us hun, we just unloaded 30 odd million pounds of shit onto a bunch of idiots who r grateful for it lol god bless y'all lil pig hearts...

Well hello, fellow SEC fan.

4b2.gif

1st I would like to apologize for any AR fans coming to your forums to start crap. That doesn't represent 99.999% of AR fans.
If I come back it will only be to talk basketball nothing else. I would think that would be OK with true fans of the game. We have a UK fan on our forums that talks basketball.

2nd Congrats on Koby I hope the rumored 1.7M was not the price for a player that had a average of 11 PPG, the 3 point % looks good on paper but I really don't think he can do anything like that with a player in his face or he would of averaged a lot more points.

3rd Coaches. For AR and Muss he was trying to leave 2 years ago to UCLA to go back home but their coach did just enough to keep his job. When the Muss buss left most of us had no hard feelings if you look him up he never stays anywhere long. This year was a big bust, we beat Purdue and Duke then came the injuries and the same poison as last year Devo leaving the team 15 minutes before a game then the wheels fell off.
Cal I really despise him to put it nicely, reminds me of a used car salesman. With that said not sure I can watch a game still with him coaching. I hope for us he has figured out the game has passed him by and uses this opportunity to change.

For Pope I think this was not the best hire for one of the top basketball schools, we saved you like 30M in my opinion you could of done better.

4th With todays game with the portal and NIL NOBODY can consider their school as a destination like it was at one time. Now it's all about who will pay me the most money and you can expect the same thing the next year because they will be gone for more money.

5th AR VS KY I have never considered this game a rivalry. I'm sure some will disagree and after the events of this year it will be a huge game for the nation not just us. I dated a girl from the U of TX back when we were in the SWC and the game was coming up (football) and she informed me this was one sided, the only dates they circled on their calendar was A&M and OK.

6th I hope all of your fans and team a successful season and we play each other for the national title and one team wins by 2 points. Not really going to happen but sounds good at least.

There is NO WAY this is an Arkansas fan ... she counted to 6 ...

True to a point I hope he can see the light now, if you actually look at who we have ATM it's not just freshmen. Although he has his kid on the staff LOL when he could have got an assistant to scout the next team your playing!!!
This was his biggest fail here at UK. He didn’t have anyone that scouted hence what happened in the Oakland game

Hey, I appreciate the kindness and attempt at decorum, and the apology for the idiots who have inundated the board with nonsense tonight. I do have a suspicion, however, that you're either the very poster who created about a dozen screen names to flame UK fans here tonight or one of their pals. I'm sure we could look at IP addresses to confirm that first option (if I'm right)

As for the supposed rivalry between UK and Arkansas, there never really has been much of one. There was a bit of one back in the mid-90s when both of our teams were very good and the best in the SEC. But since then it's been back to very little rivalry because Arkansas hasn't been good enough most of the time. I'm sure Calipari's presence in Arkansas will make the games next season especially intense. Maybe we'll have a short-lived rivalry for a few years. Who knows?

Calipari is exactly like a used car salesman in multiple ways. He has a gimmick he uses to bring in recruits. It goes like this: bring in top 30 freshmen, promise them starts and minutes, get them lots of attention and NBA scouting, get them to work on their NBA game to make them most appealing, recruit next season's crop of freshmen over the current team, push the guys to be one and done, send them away to transfer if they aren't good enough to be drafted, rinse and repeat. He sees player "success" (i.e. making the NBA) as a higher priority than program or team wins. You'll see it eventually even if you turn a blind eye to it right now.

His spin on this is that he's a "players first coach and program." Arkansas fans will love the talent initially and expectations will soar, but when Cal can't produce wins at crunch time of the season, eyes will be opened.

Calipari can't coach from the bench very well. If his initial game plan isn't working, his team will struggle. He plays man to man, exclusively, regardless of how a game is going and regardless of whether his team is struggling to stay in front. He's stubborn. He hates criticism. Claims he's above it and ignores it, but he soaks it in and wears it, and will likely bring it up after a big win in a very cringe way. He downplays the SEC tournament, so don't expect much there. If something doesn't dramatically change for Cal with this move to Arkansas, he will be forced to retire in the next 5 years.

I was all in with Calipari when he came on board. His first 6 seasons were some of UK's best ever. I ignored much of the "players first" talk and even the bragging about the NBA draft being the biggest day in UK's history. But something changed after that 2014-15 team lost to Wisconsin, robbing him of a perfect season. And then the lifetime contract changed him again, followed closely by the Covid fallout. He's not been the same. I'd likely still be ignoring his flaws if he was still winning.
You can look at anything you wish I have nothing to hide. I live in AR been here for 52 years.
This is the only post I made and have really no interest in making more.

I'm old enough to know how Cal has been all the way back to the UMass days

Reactions: IL Wildcat
True to a point I hope he can see the light now, if you actually look at who we have ATM it's not just freshmen. Although he has his kid on the staff LOL when he could of got a assistant to scout the next team your playing!!!
I don't know why anyone thinks the dude will change. He literally brought the same staff to AR that he had at UK; literally the laziest staff in college basketball. Nobody really knows what Chin Coleman is supposed to be doing. Antigua wouldn't go with him. Enjoy the dribble weave into a high ball screen late in the shot clock... Or the floppy action for 25 seconds

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Ya you give a kid more money that they could imagine that crap happens.
Lol. Right.....
Then stop blaming some random Mizzou fan for something that is obvious to everyone that has an ounce of common sense......

True to a point I hope he can see the light now, if you actually look at who we have ATM it's not just freshmen. Although he has his kid on the staff LOL when he could have got an assistant to scout the next team your playing!!!
If he didn’t see the light after the past handful of seasons he’ll never see it.

well done

Austin Powers Talk To The Hand GIF

Only one bone to pick

6th I hope all of your fans and team a successful season and we play each other for the national title and one team wins by 2 points. Not really going to happen but sounds good at least

I only have one bone to pick about your comments. I really like Pope. I think he's gonna be one of the best coaches in the country at UK.
He has already shown he can put together a team. Obviously the proof will be can he win with that team.
Sure there are other coaches around who are top shelf guys, however Pope is an excellent x's and o's guy. And for me, he loves KY and knows the drill. We
For all Cal was, he wasn't that and it cost us a number of big games. I won't miss his BS rhetoric and lame ass excuses for losses. He is a con-man.
I predict people who under estimate his recruiting and coaching will be sadly mistaken.

Best of luck with ole Cal. You're gonna need all the luck you can muster.

Good post.

I don't GAF about any of that. If you do, you may not like some of the kids you get in the future.
Lol. Hit a little nerve, huh??
If you think that dysfunctional Arkansas team from last year is ok and .......normal.

Good on you. Fly your flag high. Homie don't play that way.

• Haha
Reactions: bluebornwildcat
RUN
FIGHT
GO

That's the extent of Cal's coaching without robic. H
Although he did remember the one lob play that every coach knows he's running when they go to a box set.
I can't decide which was my favorite.

RUN!!!!! was a great way to slow the game down.
FIGHT!!!! was a great way to throw up a brick as quickly as possible
GO!!!!! This was our most detailed offensive play. It was exquisite to watch them run it.

Arkansas fans are gonna love it.

Cal's not going to change. Arkansas fans are going to learn the hard way. He won't change his philosophy, which is a shame. It's outdated, doesn't work, and easy to gameplan for. Arkansas fans can be excited as they want to have the #3 recruiting class. All that glitters isn't gold. We've had the #1 class how many years running....and what did it get us? We haven't even won the SEC since 2019. At Kentucky, that is pitiful.

That post is dripping in sarcasm and I hope you are just playing along with the interloper who created the thread.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Cal's not going to change. Arkansas fans are going to learn the hard way. He won't change his philosophy, which is a shame. It's outdated, doesn't work, and easy to gameplan for. Arkansas fans can be excited as they want to have the #3 recruiting class. All that glitters isn't gold. We've had the #1 class how many years running....and what did it get us? We haven't even won the SEC since 2019. At Kentucky, that is pitiful.
That old dog is beyond learning new tricks.

Reactions: cathouse
You say you are here only to discuss basketball and apologize for negative Arkansas fans. Then you go on to insult our coach and players. You are like all Arkansas fans who are full of themselves and I don't like you. My least favorite school in the SEC remains Arkansas, thanks for backing that up. Now, don't come back!

Reactions: warrior-cat
Here is what you have.
Calipari is going to push transition, so his guards are going to start to break before they even have possession, giving away 80% of the 50/50 balls, and leading to 5 on 3 mismatches and open 3's.
He is going to play man defense, getting screened off for open looks, or switching to mismatched. If there are times he needs to go zone.. he is going to play man.
He is going to game plan for 10 games on his schedule, the other 20 he is going to try to win with talent alone. He won't know any of the players names until they take the court, he will spend the entire game screaming GOOOOO GOOOO GOOOOO. instead of actually coaching. All of which will lead to games being closer than they should be, and losses to bad teams.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Whatever happened to JunkyardHawg? He was always one of the better Arkansas posters who frequented this forum from time to time. He was very passionate about his team but always posted in a respectful manner and got along well with most Cat fans.

Reactions: HamuelLJackson
Whatever happened to JunkyardHawg? He was always one of the better Arkansas posters who frequented this forum from time to time. He was very passionate about his team but always posted in a respectful manner and got along well with most Cat fans.
It's me. I've been banned for over a year and not even sure why. Said it was for a week but never got lifted. I had this one for the old Rivals Hog board but never used it and i'm a 247 guy now so i decided just to start posting under this handle. Would love to post under the old one but not even sure what Mod banned me so don't know how to reach out.

Just wanted to thank you for your school hiring away Cal.

You all can have the loser who puts NBA draft picks ahead of winning games.

Well sorry to disappoint you YES HOG ALL THEY WAY but when people post crap like this on our forums I just don't get it. This is not life and death it's a game and sometimes you win sometimes you loose. I lived in AR since 4th grade but this is what is being posted here and I strongly disagree with such things.

That's a stupid thread lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT