ADVERTISEMENT

From a Hog/SEC/ basketball fan.

May 1, 2024
1st I would like to apologize for any AR fans coming to your forums to start crap. That doesn't represent 99.999% of AR fans.
If I come back it will only be to talk basketball nothing else. I would think that would be OK with true fans of the game. We have a UK fan on our forums that talks basketball.

2nd Congrats on Koby I hope the rumored 1.7M was not the price for a player that had a average of 11 PPG, the 3 point % looks good on paper but I really don't think he can do anything like that with a player in his face or he would of averaged a lot more points.

3rd Coaches. For AR and Muss he was trying to leave 2 years ago to UCLA to go back home but their coach did just enough to keep his job. When the Muss buss left most of us had no hard feelings if you look him up he never stays anywhere long. This year was a big bust, we beat Purdue and Duke then came the injuries and the same poison as last year Devo leaving the team 15 minutes before a game then the wheels fell off.
Cal I really despise him to put it nicely, reminds me of a used car salesman. With that said not sure I can watch a game still with him coaching. I hope for us he has figured out the game has passed him by and uses this opportunity to change.

For Pope I think this was not the best hire for one of the top basketball schools, we saved you like 30M in my opinion you could of done better.

4th With todays game with the portal and NIL NOBODY can consider their school as a destination like it was at one time. Now it's all about who will pay me the most money and you can expect the same thing the next year because they will be gone for more money.

5th AR VS KY I have never considered this game a rivalry. I'm sure some will disagree and after the events of this year it will be a huge game for the nation not just us. I dated a girl from the U of TX back when we were in the SWC and the game was coming up (football) and she informed me this was one sided, the only dates they circled on their calendar was A&M and OK.

6th I hope all of your fans and team a successful season and we play each other for the national title and one team wins by 2 points. Not really going to happen but sounds good at least.

Last edited:
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

1st I would like to apologize for any AR fans coming to your forms to start crap. That doesn't represent 99.999% of AR fans.
If I come back it will only be to talk basketball nothing else. I would think that would be OK with true fans of the game. We have a UK fan on our forums that talks basketball.

2nd Congrats on Koby I hope the rumored 1.7M was not the price for a player that had a average of 11 PPG, the 3 point % looks good on paper but I really don't think he can do anything like that with a player in his face or he would of averaged a lot more points.

3rd Coaches. For AR and Muss he was trying to leave 2 years ago to UCLA to go back home but their coach did just enough to keep his job. When the Muss buss left most of us had no hard feelings if you look him up he never stays anywhere long. This year was a big bust, we beat Purdue and Duke then came the injuries and the same poison as last year Devo leaving the team 15 minutes before a game then the wheels fell off.
Cal I really despise him to put it nicely, reminds me of a used car salesman. With that said not sure I can watch a game still with him coaching. I hope for us he has figured out the game has passed him by and uses this opportunity to change.

For Pope I think this was not the best hire for one of the top basketball schools, we saved you like 30M in my opinion you could of done better.

4th With todays game with the portal and NIL NOBODY can consider their school as a destination like it was at one time. Now it's all about who will pay me the most money and you can expect the same thing the next year because they will be gone for more money.

5th AR VS KY I have never considered this game a rivalry. I'm sure some will disagree and after the events of this year it will be a huge game for the nation not just us. I dated a girl from the U of TX back when we were in the SWC and the game was coming up (football) and she informed me this was one sided, the only dates they circled on their calendar was A&M and OK.

6th I hope all of your fans and team a successful season and we play each other for the national title and one team wins by 2 points. Not really going to happen but sounds good at least.
sam jackson GIF

1st I would like to apologize for any AR fans coming to your forms to start crap. That doesn't represent 99.999% of AR fans.

I’d love to talk basketball but you can’t ignore the juiciest, fattest, elephant in the room. Was the gay love triangle a thing? Triangle-and-one? I heard from an Arkansas fan I trust that Muss was encouraging it. Good for him if he was open-minded like that.

Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, and unc are the only destination schools in college basketball. We and they pay the most. Once Cal does Calipari University at Arkansas, the chicken and cowboys money will dry up just like it did here. Come back to talk trash once your program has at least 3 titles. Until then, Ta Ta

Reactions: cocheese51

A few good points but #5 is just a silly take. Here's the proof....

1st I would like to apologize for any AR fans coming to your forums to start crap. That doesn't represent 99.999% of AR fans.

QMLgdDx.gif

Highly unlikely this is even an Arkansas fan. Troll or even a disgruntled UK fan most likely
Well sorry to disappoint you YES HOG ALL THEY WAY but when people post crap like this on our forums I just don't get it. This is not life and death it's a game and sometimes you win sometimes you loose. I lived in AR since 4th grade but this is what is being posted here and I strongly disagree with such things.

Arkansas fans need to realize they have current cal not 2005-2012 cal. Guaranteed over the past 4 years all they’ve said is how bad he sucked and couldn’t coach, now he’s the best there is. These guys they’re getting mean nothing, we know that to well lol

Arkansas fans need to realize they have current cal not 2005-2012 cal. Guaranteed over the past 4 years all they’ve said is how bad he sucked and couldn’t coach, now he’s the best there is. These guys they’re getting mean nothing, we know that to well lol
True to a point I hope he can see the light now, if you actually look at who we have ATM it's not just freshmen. Although he has his kid on the staff LOL when he could of got a assistant to scout the next team your playing!!!

True to a point I hope he can see the light now, if you actually look at who we have ATM it's not just freshmen. Although he has his kid on the staff LOL when he could have got an assistant to scout the next team your playing!!!
I doubt he’s seeing any light, he can barely walk. You can’t tell us anything man lol. We’ve had to blended rosters too, freshman and upperclassman. Cal lacks attention to detail, terrible bench coach and will not play who needs to play to save another at the expense of winning. Unless yall luck up and grab the next AD in a few years, have fun with the head scratching losses and early exits, maybe even a NIT or two. Hell we did

Mostly important, y’all are not Arkansas fans anymore. Your cal fans until he leaves.

Typed all that in one breath...

Why say anything
True to a point I hope he can see the light now, if you actually look at who we have ATM it's not just freshmen. Although he has his kid on the staff LOL when he could of got a assistant to scout the next team your playing!!!
Before this past year Cal had experienced returning players. Hell he had the player of the year in college basketball return. I really don't think it matters one way or the other.

Good post OP.
Cal could regain his fire at Arkansas. He stayed here 5 years too long. He will definitely be entertaining at first. He will say and do remarkable things....but he has a tendency to flame out and it gets old. He is one heckuva salesman, but honestly the past years his in game coaching has been terrible.
For me, glad he left. He MAY revert to his younger fire, but somehow I doubt it.
We see how it plays.

You pretty much have it. For all his success, John robic was the real brains and cal was just the salesman. Soon as robic left, cal tanked and tanked hard. At least he hired back KP, which will prevent your season from being a total disaster. Even so, KP couldn't stop disappointing years after robic left.

It's bad enough that he will disappoint for such a price, but he will also doing it while turning your program into cal university. He did that here once Mitch gave away the farm on that contract and he's already doing it there. Can't stop him either because he has all your big donors wrapped around his finger.

Good news for you is he is tired of the bothersome duty of actually coaching. That, combined with the unfortunate eminent disappointment, means he probably won't be there more than 3-5 years. As long as the portal doesn't change, he won't be able to do too much harm on the way out once he knows the snake oil was discovered.

I don't like a lot of salt in my diet so I didn't read too much into it,but your 99,999 statistic caught me. I'm surprised piggies can count to 100,000. How many are even true basketball fans and are just football fans that are anti-UK. I know more than 1 ferral hog fan so the numbers still need adjustment, but at least I can say you are the most tolerant of the bunch. How much is that really saying, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT