ADVERTISEMENT

Filipowski with no major injury

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
Nothing major. Didn't even get internal imagining done. I could've sworn, by the way it looked as he narrowly escaped with his life, that he might not ever walk again.

He's such a typical Dook puss.
Aww Pity GIF by MOODMAN

Nothing major. Didn't even get internal imagining done. I could've sworn, by the way it looked as he narrowly escaped with his life, that he might not ever walk again.

why someone wasn't arrested surprises me since he said it was done intentionally

Reactions: ruppcat
Im pretty sure they just banged knees. It was never going to be anything major. Maybe a little sore, but he'll be alright.

I feel like there is a solution here.. where we can let the opposing players and staff get off the court, while still allowing a court storming.. which, on its own, is a great thing for the sport if done right.

If a home upset is going to happen, and the fans look like they are going to storm the court.. put up a 60 second timer to allow the opponents to get out of there, do a whole countdown with the announcer in the arena, and when it ends, commence the court storming. You could even have the players hyping up the fans on the court for that minute.

If anyone goes early, suspension and a fine to the school. You could even announce that in the 60 seconds. Could even announce it at the final timeout. I think if this is relayed to the schools, the kids will get the message and be fine waiting 1 minute before they get to celebrate.

It's very difficult to prevent 4000 students from rushing the court.. but you can delay it. That's the angle you take here.

Last edited:
Right, I thought it was pretty obvious Filipowski stuck the leg out. Especially on the overhead camera shot.
If you look at a half second of real-time video slowed way down, yeah it does look like that. Look at the normal speed video that shows a few seconds prior, he's just walking. He doesn't stick his leg out any farther on that stride than on the previous one. He makes no effort to dodge the guy who comes flying inches in front of him, just continues the same forward pace, and shoves the guy as they were about to make contact with each other.

The punk knew HE was the one who initiated the contact. Had to go all wojo.

• Love
Reactions: ManitouDan
I feel like there is a solution here.. where we can let the opposing players and staff get off the court, while still allowing a court storming.. which, on its own, is a great thing for the sport if done right.

If a home upset is going to happen, and the fans look like they are going to storm the court.. put up a 60 second timer to allow the opponents to get out of there, do a whole countdown with the announcer in the arena, and when it ends, commence the court storming. You could even have the players hyping up the fans on the court for that minute.

If anyone goes early, suspension and a fine to the school. You could even announce that in the 60 seconds. Could even announce it at the final timeout. I think if this is relayed to the schools, the kids will get the message and be fine waiting 1 minute before they get to celebrate.

It's very difficult to prevent 4000 students from rushing the court.. but you can delay it. That's the angle you take here.
Great minds think alike. That's almost the exact plan I laid out to my brother this afternoon.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

But they still wanna ban court storming lol.

Yet, NBA teams will be clamoring to draft him so he can average 6 points and 3 rebounds for his career.

Just like Danny Ferry.

Just like Mark Alarie.

Just like Cherokee Parks.

Just like Shelden Williams.

Just like Josh McRoberts.

Just like Kyle Singler.

Just like the Plumlee Brothers.

Just like Jabari Parker.

Just like Jahlil Okafor.

Just like Marvin Bagley.

Let’s just call it the Laettner Effect. For every Laettner/Zion/Elton Brand big Duke produces…they have like 10 Kyle Filipowskis who are soft.

Floppers gonna flop!
When I first saw the collision, I was a bit worried for him. After I watched a little bit more, I thought he was selling it a bit. After losing the game and the court storming, I'm not surprised that he would be miffed. I'm also not surprised that a Duke player would exaggerate contact to get sympathy.

Glad he's not hurt, for his sake, not for Duke's sake. I don't like the court storming, either, so I was already on that side of the fence. His exaggeration didn't sway me. 😀

Did you hear Seth Greenburg call out Duke for their outrage over court storming when they said a couple of years ago that it's what makes college sports special when their fans stormed the football field after a big win.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I thought it was really shitty he said the student was purposely trying to injure him when he was trying to trip the kid and push him down on his face.
Sounds par for the course for a dukie. Should just let him rest against Louisville, they could play their scrubs and win that game. Louisville's just wanting to get the season over with.

Duke is going to loose more now that they did with K at the helm. They're still going to recruit a lot of good white players and still win enough to still be Duke. So, they might as well get use to the court storming because it is going to happen more than ever. Unless they can cry enough to get a rule banning it.

Yeah called this earlier today.

Dude was fine and not only did he sell it, but his team did, too. He fell into their waiting arms within a nanosecond.
... this type of thing is why Duke has the reputation it does. Not defending court storming but feigning injury himself when he tried to trip someone celebrating Duke's loss ... Momma's coddled soft boys of college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT