Favorite Coach Cal Quotes???

ib4ky

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2005
A few of my favorites..............

“What do you do to help us win when you’re not scoring baskets?”

“Nothing is given to you. You’re going to have to work for it.”

“I need people who look at adversity as a challenge and failure as a learning opportunity.”

“Improvement is not just about working harder. If you're a drug addict and you work harder without recognizing what your problem is, then what are you - a better drug addict? You've got to admit to a bunch of people what your problem is and then figure out how to change it.”

"What type of teammates do you want to play with? Be that teammate yourself."

"I'm playing the guys who are going to fight. If you're not into this, I'm going to someone else."

You people are crazy and he’s 100% right. Our fans have lost their minds

He knew what was up . It was just a shot at the fans .
“I’ve never taken shots at the fans….”

I about wrecked on that one. Lying like cheap carpet there. The man has literally called people Bennies and used the famous “Lion doesn’t listen to the opinions of a lamb” right before we got St Petered. Remember the “We’re f@cked!” outburst in that game? That was Cal realizing his mouth wrote checks he couldn’t cash. He knew he was about to get lit up by BBN. Then he ducked out of his next call in show. Man was I livid at him for months for that ish. Only his recruiting class saved him.

My true favorite Cal quote is:
I need people who look at adversity as a challenge and failure as a learning opportunity.

I just wish he’d live up to it more often himself.

Whats the quote about watching The Walton's all day or little house on the prairie?

"We needed a game like this."
“We do have good shooters. We just don't have good makers.”
"I've been wrong before. I think it was 1978."
"Basketball Bennies"
"Tweak"
"Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy." to Mick Cronin regarding Teague.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Wait, What???
You’re not gonna believe this
They’re not robots
And this one to the media on several occasions; “Did you see the change I made or play I called, No you didn’t because you don’t understand basketball”

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT