ADVERTISEMENT

“my commitment is I am going to work. I am not changing. I am going 24-7 and I am not going to change.”

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

There you have it. Cal admitted tonight he’s not changing. So don’t buy into the bs that you’re going to be fed this offseason. They are going to do more on social media this year than ever before trying to beg people to get on board. Watch and see.
Exactly, the easy choice is to fire him. He won’t change, everybody knows it. I’m glad he confirmed it.

He can change assistants, revamp the offense, have an experienced roster like the one in 2022-23. All things that he has done in recent years. The change has to be Calipari himself. I do not believe he can change his stubborn ways and all of a sudden be a good x's and o's in-game coach. Calipari is the one standing in his way from being a successful coach again stuck on his antiquated ways as if they are the only way to win and never listening to anyone else.

I don't all of a sudden see him taking more time to break down film when he gives the same tired repeated line that he did last week going into the Tournament 'we're going to focus on us, what we do best.' He talks about not changing by working 24/7. That is a lie. He's been in New Jersey since the season ended, no one at the Sweet 16 this weekend nor getting a jump on the portal.

Already making excuses saying that it is difficult when you have to wait on current players to make their decisions to comeback or not like Oscar. While that may true, there is still no reason to get beat out on players like Knecht, Keshad Johnson etc to fill out the roster. They need guards out of the portal who can shoot, run the offense and lastly get some lockdown defenders where this team was lacking this year.

Last edited:
He was more referring to being “old Calipari”. Guy has an ego, He’s out to prove he hasn’t changed and is still great

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
He can change assistants, revamp the offense, have an experienced roster like the one in 2022-23. All things that he has done in recent years. The change has to be Calipari himself. I do not believe he can change his stubborn ways and all of a sudden be a good x's and o's in-game coach. Calipari is the one standing in his way from being a successful coach again stuck on his antiquated ways as if they are the only way to win and never listening to anyone else.

I don't all of a sudden see him taking more time to break down film when he gives the same tired repeated line that he did last week going into the Tournament 'we're going to focus on us, what we do best.' He talks about not changing by working 24/7. That is a lie. He's been in New Jersey since the season ended, no one at the Sweet 16 this weekend nor getting a jump on the portal.

Already making excuses saying that it is difficult when you have to wait on current players to make their decisions to comeback or not like Oscar. While that may true, there is still no reason to get beat out on players like Knecht, Keshad Johnson etc to fill out the roster. They need guards out of the portal who can shoot, run the offense and lastly get some lockdown defenders where this team was lacking this year.
We were far from antique this year. He made a huge change. Our offense was probably the best it's ever been . We couldn't guard anyone

Reactions: Jazzycat
We were far from antique this year. He made a huge change. Our offense was probably the best it's ever been . We couldn't guard anyone
Did you not read the first line of my post where I already stated he revamped the offense? It was more than just the offense with him. Still trying to win with freshmen teams is one of the biggest gripes I have with Cal while many other schools fully embrace supplementing their rosters from the portal as Cal stated last night on the radio and are retaining their players. It went from one of the most experienced rosters 2 years ago to right back to trying to win with another young team. Even Cal says he has to get older, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I sincerely hope he fills this roster out with older players who can shoot and get Reed to come back. Otherwise, I question this incoming class with 6 newcomers and the class's overall ability to shoot in this offense. It won't be like last year without Reeves and maybe they can get close enough if Reed returns.

Last edited:
I don’t listen and never will. You probably did hear him right he will never change. I just hope like heck that Mitch will see through any BS that he spews before they sit down for that meeting. I’m still praying that he won’t be here next year I’m still holding out a little hope.

Reactions: bluecoon1
If he works 24/7 on basketball (which nobody believes), then he is the most unproductive person ever.

Reactions: dl51344
If he works 24/7 on basketball (which nobody believes), then he is the most unproductive person ever.
He's watching reality tv and then hobbling out to Richmond Road to take care of the garbage when Ellen says.

I can’t believe he said this:

Having this program in today’s environment? It’s a little different now. I mean kids are 25, 26, 27. Now, how do you continue to do it with freshmen?

So he is blaming his team’s performance on going up against 25-27 yr olds? Thanks to the COVID year, I’ve seen a few 25 yr old players, but he is acting like this is the norm.

Have you guys seen many 26-27 yr old players?

There you have it. Cal admitted tonight he’s not changing. So don’t buy into the bs that you’re going to be fed this offseason. They are going to do more on social media this year than ever before trying to beg people to get on board. Watch and see.
Puke f off CCC, you are hated is the message he gets I hope

Cal emphasized the need to bring in older, stronger players from the portal. He said this over and over. Does that mean Cal will stop playing favorites with unferperforming star freshmen? No, he absolutely won't stop that because he wants as many of next year's star freshmen as he can get. But you can't have that both ways and Cal can't be trusted to find the right balance. And that's why our portal experiments will never ever get us to an elite level and why that promise from Cal rings hollow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT