ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone catch the bullsht...

It certainly can....if your defense isn't Swiss Cheese.
Again, it no longer can in cfb. I've given the stats numerous times. If you don't want to accept them I can't help that. Again, go research what the goat said about this very topic.

When you allow a Tn hurry up offense to run for 253 yards and cant' get off the field...and UT punts once the whole game. it is the defense.
You trust in defense when offense is what cfb is all about. It you ain't got it, you ain't winning big.

I've never thought that Brad White was this big defensive guru that some make him out to be. This game proved it. This was Leary's best game since he has been here, I actually found myself thinking we might win!

If the offense keeps playing like Saturday and surely to God the defense will play better, I think we can beat Miss St. and SC. Won't beat Bama but I pray we play better D at UL or they'll beat us too.

Again, it no longer can in cfb. I've given the stats numerous times. If you don't want to accept them I can't help that. Again, go research what the goat said about this very topic.
The problem is you have to have BOTH. That's the basis of ALL sports. Because guess what happens if you let ever game turn into a shootout? You're eventually going to get "shot" and lose.

Reactions: grevey35
We lost by 6. Had the defense gotten ONE stop on one of those TD scoring drives.....Or stopped UT on the last drive instead of being a revolving door of first downs....giving up 481 yards is not a great defensive performance

LOL! Thank you for making my argument for me. Very much appreciated.

It's 60 fkn minutes. If the offense didn't punt, turn it over on downs, or get stupid on a drive and keep us out of makeable FG range, and score a TD JUST ONCE out of any of those, then UT is down by at least one heading into that last drive, IF THERES EVEN ANY TIME LEFT ON THE CLOCK for UT to have a final drive (not likely). You can't est your cake and have it, too.

The offense fkd around for 2 quarters, meanwhile the defense kept UT from scoring TDs on shortened fields with little rest between drives and none between downs.

It's a team game. They lost as a team. The offense DID NOT "do enough to win this game." They were given opportunities to take the lead continually throughout this game and couldn't. The defense didn't do enough to win the game either. Neither did. But to lay it all at the feet of the D, when the offense blew as many chances as it did is just ignorant.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Yeah, and Stoops kicked a FG before that drive. I didn't understand that. you needed 7 or 8 to get with 1 or 2. Then you get the stop and a FG wins it. Lots of head scratchers during this game.
The logic was it was 4th and 2, and they needed two scores. Kicking the field goal get's you half way there and extends the game, go for the first down and fail and it's game over. OTOH I can see going for it because they were inside the red zone - I think the ball was like at the 12 YL? Get the TD and then all you need to do is get the ball back and get it down to around the 30-35 to let Raynor kick the game winner. I would have probably chosen the later.

LOL! Thank you for making my argument for me. Very much appreciated.

It's 60 fkn minutes. If the offense didn't punt, turn it over on downs, or get stupid on a drive and keep us out of makeable FG range, and score a TD JUST ONCE out of any of those, then UT is down by at least one heading into that last drive, IF THERES EVEN ANY TIME LEFT ON THE CLOCK for UT to have a final drive (not likely). You can't est your cake and have it, too.

The offense fkd around for 2 quarters, meanwhile the defense kept UT from scoring TDs on shortened fields with little rest between drives and none between downs.

It's a team game. They lost as a team. The offense DID NOT "do enough to win this game." They were given opportunities to take the lead continually throughout this game and couldn't. The defense didn't do enough to win the game either. Neither did. But to lay it all at the feet of the D, when the offense blew as many chances as it did is just ignorant.
Sooooooo......UT beat us how? Because their DEFENSE got two massive stops on our first couple of drives and they used that and scored. You act like the offense is out their playing by themselves! UT's defense STOPPED us! What part about that don't you get? You can say the defense "Stopped" them all you want. They still scored on 5 straight possssions! Getting a FG is NOT stopping the offense. You still have points to make up that way. All that getting a FG on defense does is mitigate the damage. instead of Catastrophe, it becomes merely not good. Limiting an offense to a FG is great, when you have the lead. Which is what UT's DEFENSE did to us.

You CANNOT give up nearly 500 yards and win in the SEC it's not possible. And I'm honestly shocked this has to keep being repeated. Almost every analyst and media member disagrees with you.

The offense was more than adaquate and this proves it:

SCORINGTennesseeOpp.
Points Per Game31.7520.38

Tennesse averages scoring 31 points a game. They only give up 20. We actually OUTSSCORED their defensive average. We hover gave up more than they usually get. That's why we lost. We let them score more than their average. And had our defense stopped just one of those early quick scoring drives they had. We have a much much better chance to win.

The problem is your argument is not based in fact/stats The one that defense cost the game absolutely is. You normally have very good passionate posts. But you are off the mark on this one.

The offense blew maybe, MAYBE three plays. The stupid wildcat call (which that's on coaching), the bad pass on that first 4th down, and the bad pass to not get it closer to make a more makeable field goal. Shall we count many times the defense gave up extra yards after contact? Or how many 3rd down conversions they gave up?

We've give up 122 points and nearly 1300 yards in three weeks. We have a DEFENSE problem right tnow. And that's a fact.

The logic was it was 4th and 2, and they needed two scores. Kicking the field goal get's you half way there and extends the game, go for the first down and fail and it's game over. OTOH I can see going for it because they were inside the red zone - I think the ball was like at the 12 YL? Get the TD and then all you need to do is get the ball back and get it down to around the 30-35 to let Raynor kick the game winner. I would have probably chosen the later.
That was my thinking too. I'd rather risk it and have lest to make up on a possible time crunch. But that's if you got the ball back at all. Which from the way the defense was letting UT run? Just wasn't going to happen. 250ish rushing yards is very telling.

Sooooooo......UT beat us how? Because their DEFENSE got two massive stops on our first couple of drives and they used that and scored. You act like the offense is out their playing by themselves! UT's defense STOPPED us! What part about that don't you get? You can say the defense "Stopped" them all you want. They still scored on 5 straight possssions! Getting a FG is NOT stopping the offense. You still have points to make up that way. All that getting a FG on defense does is mitigate the damage. instead of Catastrophe, it becomes merely not good. Limiting an offense to a FG is great, when you have the lead. Which is what UT's DEFENSE did to us.

You CANNOT give up nearly 500 yards and win in the SEC it's not possible. And I'm honestly shocked this has to keep being repeated. Almost every analyst and media member disagrees with you.

SCORINGTennesseeOpp.

Tennesse averages scoring 31 points a game. They only give up 20. We actually OUTSSCORED their defensive average. We hover gave up more than they usually get. That's why we lost. We let them score more than their average. And had our defense stopped just one of those early quick scoring drives they had. We have a much much better chance to win.

The problem is your argument is not based in fact/stats The one that defense cost the game absolutely is. You normally have very good passionate posts. But you are off the mark on this one.

The offense blew maybe, MAYBE three plays. The stupid wildcat call (which that's on coaching), the bad pass on that first 4th down, and the bad pass to not get it closer to make a more makeable field goal. Shall we count many times the defense gave up extra yards after contact? Or how many 3rd down conversions they gave up?

We've give up 122 points and nearly 1300 yards in three weeks. We have a DEFENSE problem right tnow. And
He said college football has officially become an offensive game. "It used to be that good defense beats good offense. Good defense doesn't beat good offense anymore," Saban told ESPN on Friday. You must SCORE!!! 30+ needs to be the minimum. When are you guys going to admit that Stoops OFFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY is the problem! Google all the stuff Saban saId that MADE HIM CHANGE HIS PHILOSOPHY.

Reactions: ekywildcat
He said college football has officially become an offensive game. "It used to be that good defense beats good offense. Good defense doesn't beat good offense anymore," Saban told ESPN on Friday. You must SCORE!!! 30+ needs to be the minimum. When are you guys going to admit that Stoops OFFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY is the problem! Google all the stuff Saban saId that MADE HIM CHANGE HIS PHILOSOPHY.
Quote me where I said it wasn't. I've griped a lot about our offense. IN THIS PARTICULAR GAME THEY WERE NOT THE PROBLEM!

SCORINGTennesseeOpp.

We've give up 122 points and nearly 1300 yards in three weeks. We have a DEFENSE problem right tnow. And that's a fact.
UT beat us BECAUSE their offense scored "33" points despite kicking 4 fgs and leaving more points on the field. Against UT, GA and Missouri the offense scored 61 combined pts just barely 20 a game. That won't get on any shape or form. You want to play with the big boys...you better score like they do. Look at scores and national stats for UK. It's pathetic. It's 11 years in and it's still a philosophy problem with the HC.

If you watched the game then you know this loss was on the defense. how many times did they hit a guy in the back field or for a real short gain only to have them get free for 10+ yards? How many times was there a Tenn receiver running wide open for a big catch or that touchdown when i think it was Phillips that fell down 20 yards from the receiver?

There have been several times when the offense let down the defense. This was not one of those times

Freddie Maggard spewed on the Leach Report this morning?

Said "the offense did enough to win the game..." Said neither team "created any turnovers"... Defense under the bus. He at least admitted he didn't actually watch the game. Wth...

Our offense
First drive- 3 and out
2nd drive- 4 play turnover on downs
Defense held UT to 9 yards and a FG.
In FACT the Defense held UT to 3 FGs in
the first half. 4 total for the game. Made them punt twice.
Our offense turned the ball over on downs 2x, gifting UT with 3 points on the first one.

How the fk does anyone with a brain think the offense did enough to win the game?
----

Side note- WHEN THE FK is this head coach going to figure out he has not 1 but 3 timeouts to use in the first half while his players are gassed and getting gashed? How many games are we going to back into halftime letting the other team score in a 2min offense because we can't manage the clock or our timeouts?

He KNOWS he's not saving those timeouts for us to run a 1min drill, because he's a knee taker/run the clock out kind of gal.

Listened to the post game with Tom Leach and listened to him make excuses about "things not being guaranteed" as if ANYTHING in the game of football is guaranteed. W . T . F .!!

LEAST MOTIVATED AND MOTIVATIONAL coach in the entire SEC. Very disappointing
You must have got up to pee or get a beer and missed UT's first drive.

It is understandable if you missed it. It only took UT 1:38 seconds to score aginst our vaunted defense..........

Great game plan on defense to stop the run against the #1 rushing offense in the SEC.....

At some point, fans are going to start questioning this CMS/BW narrative of being great defensive coaches.

Numbers against SEC teams don't lie.

Last edited:
You must have got up to pee or get a beer and missed UT's first drive.

It is understandable if you missed it. It only took UT 1:38 seconds to score aginst our vaunted defense..........

Great game plan on defense to stop the run against the #1 rushing offense in the SEC.....

At some point, fans are going to start questioning this CMS/BW narrative of being great defensive coaches.

Numbers against SEC teams don't lie.
Why is not taking our offense just 1:38 to score against their defense?

In a pro style offense, it takes 1:38 seconds to call three plays.
1st. Down. Run up the middle where UT defense is the strongest.

Wait till UT defense gets set. Look to sideline for play number. Look at play card. Get in huddle. Try to communicate complicated play call and blocking assignments. Play clock hits under 2 seconds. Snap the ball. Gain 4 yards.

3rd. and 6. Repeat process. Try 35 yard pass play into double coverage that sails out of bound.

Total time elapsed: 1:38

UT offense. Line up. Read the box. Pass or run. Line up fast. While defense is looking to sideline to call the defensive play, run deep and score.

Total elapsed time 1:38........+ a touchdown.

It is all in coaching scheme. Very little talent discrepancy. Huge coaching gap.

Because it takes them that long to huddle.

Look, I'm not a fan of a slow ass offense either. UK is last in plays per game. I don't know if that is on Coen or Leary, but it needs to be fixed.

That said, Leary was 28-39 with 372 passing and 2 TDs. Key had 7 catches for 113 yrds. The TEs were engaged. Can't ask for much more.

The defense is horrid. Our secondary gets beat like a red headed stepchild every game. Our LBs can't read/adjust. The line can't push. The backs trip over their own feet, get lost, have no idea what play to call, take poor angles, won't defend their zone, etc. Some of that is attrition, some transfers, some recruiting, but mostly it's a discipline/coaching issue.

Mississippi St. 7. Arkansas. 3.
That's ONE GAME...they have same complex as UK. 20 T25 games played week 9 and teams scoring 30+ pts were 16-4. A couple teams scored 30+ and still lost. UK plays @State Saturday . I'll be there...it should be a barnburner.

I've never thought that Brad White was this big defensive guru that some make him out to be. This game proved it. This was Leary's best game since he has been here, I actually found myself thinking we might win!

If the offense keeps playing like Saturday and surely to God the defense will play better, I think we can beat Miss St. and SC. Won't beat Bama but I pray we play better D at UL or they'll beat us too.
Do you believe that every call that goes thru those headphones on defense is not okd by Stoops? He considers himself a defense first guru. The defense is not all White's doing.

Reactions: ekywildcat
Heck, our defense gave up 1 TD because the DB FREAKIN FELL DOWN!!!

That play alone probably cost us the game MORE than anything the offense didn’t do!!!
Van Hiles did a film breakdown of that play and Robinson was beat before the ball was ever snapped just because of alignment. He lined up in “no man’s land” and it was going to be a touchdown even if he hadn’t fallen. It was inexcusable.

Van Hiles did a film breakdown of that play and Robinson was beat before the ball was ever snapped just because of alignment. He lined up in “no man’s land” and it was going to be a touchdown even if he hadn’t fallen. It was inexcusable.
That's coaching right? What are the guys in the booth for? A timeout that we probably won't use anyway is worth a walkin td, right?!

Do you believe that every call that goes thru those headphones on defense is not okd by Stoops? He considers himself a defense first guru. The defense is not all White's doing.
No, I don't think CMS oks every call. I'm sure they put together a game plan and BW executes it with in game changes. BW gets paid to run the defense, his head will roll first.

No, I don't think CMS oks every call. I'm sure they put together a game plan and BW executes it with in game changes. BW gets paid to run the defense, his head will roll first.
BWs head might roll first, but when it come to defense...Stoops is the man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT