ADVERTISEMENT

Delphi, IN Murders

Hate to harp on this but I'm going to. What they essentially did by telling everyone last week that they were going to release more info Monday was give the perp a heads up and time to get out.

It is very confusing but if they were trying to make an older perp feel safe it was outstanding. If it is all face value then it seems very poorly done.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/3536773002

Carter said new information leads investigators to believe that the suspect is from Delphi. They believe he either still lives and works in Delphi, or frequently visits.

The suspect is said to be between the ages of 18 and 40, but may appear to be younger than his true age. Carter added that police believe that the killer may have told someone in the community about the crime.
Makes me feel like they know who it is (or have a good idea) and are waiting to see if he messes up.

Or if it was a local guy he killed them then fled the state or maybe the country.

If he really lived in Delphi its hard to imagine that he wouldn't have been caught by now.

I wonder if its possible that he was wearing some sort of disguise (I mean it probably would be hard to find someone that looks nothing like what they think he looks like)

Damn shame.

I can’t watch that guy talk from his car for 12 minutes. Why do they think the dude in jail in Florida did it?

Reactions: Mossip
I think the Wilhelm possibility has been floating around for a few months. Interesting for various reasons one of which being he resembles the sketch of the bridge guy pretty closely. Add in a local connection and a serious rap sheet and he seems viable.

What sucks is that they don’t appear to have DNA to check potential suspects against. Don’t know that for sure but that seems to be the prevailing thought. Without DNA evidence it will come down to finding additional evidence or getting a confession from whoever the perp actually is.

I have been listening to the “Down the Hill” podcast recently which does a deep dive into the Murders and is pretty well done. I’ve also heard most of the other TRue crime podcasts on the subject as I Am intrigued by this case.

I guess we will no pretty soon if he is the one or not with the DNA found at the crime scene.

In other news, this guy in the video above has a hard on to be a reporter on Dateline or 48 Hours.

delphi-murder-sketch-photo-ht-jc-170717_4x3_992.jpg

It seems amazing with the cellphone evidence available that this case remains unsolved.
It seems amazing with all the technology we can bring to bear to solve ANY crime, much less a double murder of two teenagers where they were able to recover voice and video from a cell phone, that THIS crime has not been solved after 5 years.

The only redeeming thing about the crime still not being solved after all this time is at least they've shone a bright light on all the deviant mofos that have become persons of interest over that period.

Don't have a link but saw on the news they are checking the river behind the house of the guy they suspected today.

Don't have a link but saw on the news they are checking the river behind the house of the guy they suspected today.
Dang that’s huge if true was just thinking the other day how hopeless it must be with this case likely never getting solved

Reactions: BankerCat12
Wonder why they are waiting for a Monday news conference but glad they got the POS (if it really is him.).

Could be wrong but I doubt this is someones first time.

Wonder why they are waiting for a Monday news conference but glad they got the POS (if it really is him.).

Could be wrong but I doubt this is someones first time.
I agree esp considering the police hinted that the bodies were posed and trophies possibly taken. That take time and not something you would expect a killer to do their first time.

Why they didn’t do an immediate press conference Friday seems strange tho. Sounds like they did notify the families which is good.

Reactions: chroix
He was a Pharmacy Tech at CVS in Delphi. Town of 3000 people....you know he discussed the case with every person in that town. Creepy. Hopefully they can link some other crap to him b/c I doubt this was his first time.

Reactions: BigTyrone
So looking at that grainy image now you can kinda see a resemblance between that guy and the guy they arrested so as a dad I’m very disturbed seeing he had that sketch it almost looks like that was something he was holding for a very odd reason and obviously his wife knew so does she get charged eventually as well ?
like someone else said the profile of people like this is usually a perpetual criminal but guess we will see when everything comes out

Reactions: RunninRichie
So looking at that grainy image now you can kinda see a resemblance between that guy and the guy they arrested so as a dad I’m very disturbed seeing he had that sketch it almost looks like that was something he was holding for a very odd reason and obviously his wife knew so does she get charged eventually as well ?
like someone else said the profile of people like this is usually a perpetual criminal but guess we will see when everything comes out

Pretty sure that pictures is out at a bar or other establishment. Not his house.

How did they catch him?
They're being very tight lipped about what they have on him, but I suspect that he was an anonymous tip sent in to ISP since his name was mentioned on several boards as being the guy as far back as 2-3 years ago. I'm guessing he left some DNA at the scene, and they were able to obtain his DNA at some point and made a match. Supposedly, they did some digging in his yard before doing the arrest, so perhaps they found a "trophy" that he took from the girls when he allegedly murdered them.

^I mean, he doesn’t *look* like someone that would murder two teenaged girls, for no reason, but apparently, he is.

Libby's sister, Kelsi German, said she always felt the girls' killer must be someone familiar with the Delphi area, but she said she didn't want to believe the suspect "was right here among us."

Libby's aunt crossed paths with Allen at CVS once, according to the Pattys. The aunt brought in pictures of Libby to print for her funeral and said Allen didn't charge her for them.

A CVS spokesperson said in a statement, “We are shocked and saddened to learn that one of our store employees was arrested as a suspect in these crimes. We stand ready to cooperate with the police investigation in any way we can.”

Monday marks the first time police have named a suspect in the case. Police have still not released how the girls were killed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT