ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 57°F and clear with a light wind out of the south. Today's high expected around 75°F.

Watched Wildcat softball lose to Auburn Tigers last night, 4-1. Ugh. Better luck next series.

Wishing y'all a good day.

national-cherry-cheesecake-day--april-23.png

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

51° this morning with moderate winds and a high today in the low 80's

Coed softball games were rained out on Sunday, but I have two games with the men's league tonight.

Spent yesterday afternoon watching the 96, 98, and the 2012 championship games. Was just surfing YouTube and they popped up so...a good way to spend a lazy afternoon.

Monday/Tuesday start of the week for me and wife. She took yesterday off so, this is her Monday to start the work week.

@Bkocats, drop by more often, less grumpy over here (weird though, since we are the older guys).

Stay safe out there folks, and God Bless.

Good morning folks. Plowing through piles of work so I can leave Thursday morning for Texas and the visit to our son with a clear(ish) conscience.

Cats are picking up some pieces. So far, only Amari Williams looks like a starter on a competent team. But some of the other guys who are reportedly on board can contribute, and be better in years to come. I'd like to see Pope lock up Great Osobor from Utah State today. I believe he's a worthy piece. Then nail a couple from the hand-full of top guards out there. But I'm feeling optimistic.

Hope you all have a great day.

Good morning folks.

Last work day before my Texas trip.

Cool and clear in the east. A beautiful morning for my walk.

Reds back on track last night. It’s funny how baseball can be a thread running through your life. I’m on a Reds’ history site on FB and someone there noted that 60 years ago yesterday the Reds beat the Colt 45s 1-0 despite being no-hit. And my memory of excitedly talking about that game with my dad as a young boy over the morning Enquirer, how weird it was to win without a hit, came back as clear as if it were yesterday. Amazing to think he was a man in his early 30s then.

Heading in to work. Hope you all have a great day.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 70°F and cloudy. Rain chances increasing this morning. Today's high may reach 83°F.

- 4-6 assholes attempted to break into next-door neighbor's place night before last. Police came out. No arrests.

- Yay, Coach Pope recruited another player . Let's see how much longer he needs to fill a roster with guys who can play. Stay tuned.

- Worked late yesterday. Queue full of tickets awaits this morning.

- Chemo this afternoon.

- Happy Hump Day, y'all.

image1.jpeg

Good morning everyone

Back from the lake. We had some good but chilly fishing weather. Only caught one keeper striper but still a good trip. Pic is the little dock where we usually launch our boat. One of the big marinas moved into the ramp where we originally launched when we first bought the place 25 years ago. It's way back in the middle of nowhere but really growing since Covid (not good for us).

Glad we picked up Williams and looking forward to filling out the roster.

I hope everyone has a great day.

439232646_10212188291139502_6282332267794654900_n.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

61° this morning with moderate winds. Low 70's expected for the day with thunderstorms possible.

Dental appointment today to see if upper left healed enough to put in implants.

Played 2 games last night and did better offensively this week than last. Went 3-4 and 2 walks as we won both, 14-7 and 10-1. Found out one of the new guys (younger) has a cannon for an arm as there was a base hit to the outfield and a man on second tried to score. I was behind the plate and the throw was on a rope but a bit high. I went up to get it and I guess the runner thought it was going over my head because he did not slide. I caught it and brought the glove down on his shoulder before he stepped on the plate. It was a the third out of the inning and as we walked into the dugout, my guys were laughing saying that they did not know an old man could jump that high.

Hump day folks so, get it done so you can glide into the weekend.

@MdWIldcat55, safe travels.

@AustinTXCat, God's hands be on you for treatment.

To everyone, God Bless.

And me less... But... here I is....

Been humping this morning, helping everyone else.

Getting things ready..

Looks like I am going to do something I have never done in my life...

Start a legal action against our current water company. Just ridiculous the prices charged and knowingly using defective equipment. (Yeah, I have proof..)

It is dejectedly I do this but when your water bill is over three times your bill and you only moved seven miles away to a "new" home with better conservation efforts, more modern facilities AND proven no leaks... Yeah... I will fight that fight...

First to the attorney general.

Good morning from ATX. 69°F and cloudy is our current temperature. Today's high may reach 83°F.

Co-worker out. Hopefully not a busy day.

Demonstrations and arrests at University of Texas yesterday over Israeli-Palestinian conflict. State Troopers, APD and University police out in force.

Safe travels @MdWIldcat55 . Saturday forecast as partly cloudy with a high of 89°F. You may luck out. Sunday clouding up with chance for thunderstorms.

Wishing y'all a great day.

national-telephone-day--april-25.png

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

68° this morning with light winds. High today in the low 80's with rain possible.

Couch potato day today. Speaking of couches, wife just said she wanted to look at new ones this weekend. I just looked at her and winced. She asked, "What was that for?" I told her it would mean I would have to get rid of the other two if she bought new ones which by the way we don't need. I reminded her she is still on the chopping blocks at work for her job which we should know more about by the end of May. They just told her yesterday that 35 other people will be let go at the end of this month. They have been losing people since last November. LIMBO.

Need some good news this week, come on Mark and get it done.

You guys enjoy your day and be careful out there.

God Bless.

Good morning folks.

Thanks for the weather update Austin. We’re at the airport now, at Dulles airport, by far the worst of DC’s three airports when it comes to all the amenities like parking, security and getting to a gate. Most international flights go out of here, so back in my traveling correspondent days I spent many a hectic hour here figuring out how to get to west Africa or Central Asia or South America or the Middle East. I’m glad I did it when I had the energy and patience and much of it before 9/11 made flying such a hassle.

But we’ll be seeing our son in a few hours so that is good. And I think my wife has us going to the Pacific War museum in, I believe, Fredericksburg today so that will be interesting.

Have a good day.

Good morning folks.

Thanks for the weather update Austin. We’re at the airport now, at Dulles airport, by far the worst of DC’s three airports when it comes to all the amenities like parking, security and getting to a gate. Most international flights go out of here, so back in my traveling correspondent days I spent many a hectic hour here figuring out how to get to west Africa or Central Asia or South America or the Middle East. I’m glad I did it when I had the energy and patience and much of it before 9/11 made flying such a hassle.

But we’ll be seeing our son in a few hours so that is good. And I think my wife has us going to the Pacific War museum in, I believe, Fredericksburg today so that will be interesting.

Have a good day.
I, personally, love Reagan National most of all DC area airports.

Fredericksburg is awesome. Heavy German influence. Be sure to check out Luckenbach and get pictures, just to say you've been there. Located not far from Fredericksburg. Enjoy.

Edit: forecast also calls for high winds on Saturday.

Last edited:
And me less... But... here I is....

Been humping this morning, helping everyone else.

Getting things ready..

Looks like I am going to do something I have never done in my life...

Start a legal action against our current water company. Just ridiculous the prices charged and knowingly using defective equipment. (Yeah, I have proof..)

It is dejectedly I do this but when your water bill is over three times your bill and you only moved seven miles away to a "new" home with better conservation efforts, more modern facilities AND proven no leaks... Yeah... I will fight that fight...

First to the attorney general.
You ain't seen nothing till water companies have to start enforcing the new lower "forever" chemicals limits courtesy of Biden.

Good morning folks.

Have a good day.
That museum is fantastic. Be sure the check out the large (6' long?) model of Dad's ship, the BB 38 USS Pennsylvania. Arizona was BB39 & modeled on the PA. Fredericksburg is quite a nice town.

Lyndon Johnson may not be your cup of tea, but I found the tour of his ranch quite interesting. Home is rambling ranch that was added onto several times. Was in danger of collapsing when I was there. He's buried there with family members under trees maybe a 1/2 mile from the house. Really could see how plain he really was.

Howdy from Marble Falls, Texas—home town of Floyd Tillman, as I just found out from walking past a plaque commemorating his birthplace.

We’re sitting on the veranda at our hotel now, looking out at LBJ Lake, sipping tequila and listening to Floyd, who sounds an awful lot like mid career Ernest Tubb to my ear.

I’m about to ratchet things up to the Texas Tornados after one more drink, but here’s to Floyd Tillman, Ernest Tubb and all the Texas troubadours.

Howdy from Marble Falls, Texas—home town of Floyd Tillman, as I just found out from walking past a plaque commemorating his birthplace.

We’re sitting on the veranda at our hotel now, looking out at LBJ Lake, sipping tequila and listening to Floyd, who sounds an awful lot like mid career Ernest Tubb to my ear.

I’m about to ratchet things up to the Texas Tornados after one more drink, but here’s to Floyd Tillman, Ernest Tubb and all the Texas troubadours.
I had never heard of Floyd Tillman, so I looked him up. He had a song that was popular with lonely WW2 servicemen in 1944. It reminded me of the following. My dad was one of the WW2 guys that left KY after the war to work in the car plants in Detroit. I was just a baby and he got homesick and came back to KY after a year. I spent some time in DaNang (aka Rocket City). often they would start lobbing rockets at us at night. I was usually on duty at the bomb dump and they would call for Puff the Magic Dragon and they would come out after the guys shooting at us. Each gun ship had 3 guns capable of 6000 rounds a minute. Sometimes there would be 3 of them at once. I would sit there watching the tracers and Armed Forces radio would be playing Detroit City by Bobby Bare.

Good morning everyone.

Spent the day yesterday with our now 3 yr old great-great niece. We only get her once about every 2 to 3 weeks now. She's growing up and a blessing to us.

@BBUK We were in the Lake City area back in Feb. That area of FL is awesome. We loved the springs and Alligator Lake.

Off on another hike with our older group this morning. We'll be hiking the top ridge of Pine Mtn. Pic is at the very top above our home. The old house site has been cleaned up and makes a great place to see the sunset. A few weddings have taken place there recently.

I hope everyone has a great day.

438229617_10225275217733245_3703412707453339085_n.jpg

Good morning D-League. Having breakfast with our son, hoping the weather in the Texas hill country breaks, then off to see some sights.

We spent yesterday evening at the Inks Dam and Fish Hatchery where my 23-year-son works. It’s quite an operation and a beautiful spot. He does everything from mining clay from a quarry with a backhoe to lading 2,000 pounds of fish at a time to drive to lakes on Indian reservations and army bases out as far as Nevada and New Mexico to working with biologists on a project to stop the spread of Zebra Mussels in the west. He’s clearly proud of his work and enjoys it which makes us proud and happy.

Off the Fredericksburg as a first stop. Have a great day.

Good morning D-League. Having breakfast with our son, hoping the weather in the Texas hill country breaks, then off to see some sights.

We spent yesterday evening at the Inks Dam and Fish Hatchery where my 23-year-son works. It’s quite an operation and a beautiful spot. He does everything from mining clay from a quarry with a backhoe to lading 2,000 pounds of fish at a time to drive to lakes on Indian reservations and army bases out as far as Nevada and New Mexico to working with biologists on a project to stop the spread of Zebra Mussels in the west. He’s clearly proud of his work and enjoys it which makes us proud and happy.

Off the Fredericksburg as a first stop. Have a great day.
Have fun. Couple wineries located out by Fredericksburg. Perhaps a brewery out there too. Lots of fun.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 75°F and cloudy. Winds out the south picking up. Today's high expected around 83°F. Rain chances increasing late this afternoon.

CBS news reporting on Brightline rail in FL I really wanted to purchase tickets and ride it 3 months ago, but site billing not working. Massive BS. May try again sometime next year.

Cats collapsed against SC in baseball last night. Ugly. Plan on tuning into 2nd game today.

Wishing y'all another enjoyable Saturday.

0427-NATIONAL-PRIME-RIB-DAY-1024x536.jpg

Good morning folks. Cloudy in Marble Falls, Texas this morning. I’m out for a morning walk along one of the man-made lakes on the Colorado River.

In just a little bit we are heading for San Antonio. My son and my wife want to see the River Walk and the Alamo. I’ve been several times but glad to make a day trip out of it. I used to know an Apache helicopter gunship pilot in San Anton. A great guy with a tragic story —during Desert Storm he killed some Americans in a Friendly Fire incident. I was on the ground with the unit and wrote about it. Years later —20 years later —he contacted me and we talked about me ghost writing a book in which he told his story. But over talks it became clear he still wasn’t able to look at what happened with complete honesty, so the project fell apart.

I hope we get a mostly sunny day to honor the heroes of the Alamo.

Have a good day folks.

Good morning folks. Cloudy in Marble Falls, Texas this morning. I’m out for a morning walk along one of the man-made lakes on the Colorado River.

In just a little bit we are heading for San Antonio. My son and my wife want to see the River Walk and the Alamo. I’ve been several times but glad to make a day trip out of it. I used to know an Apache helicopter gunship pilot in San Anton. A great guy with a tragic story —during Desert Storm he killed some Americans in a Friendly Fire incident. I was on the ground with the unit and wrote about it. Years later —20 years later —he contacted me and we talked about me ghost writing a book in which he told his story. But over talks it became clear he still wasn’t able to look at what happened with complete honesty, so the project fell apart.

Have a good day folks.
I've been to the Alamo. It surprised me how small Davy Crockett's vest was.
We had a guy accidentally attack our own bomb dump with rockets. Lucky his aim wasn't better \ worse as he hit a big open area where no real damage was done.

Good morning all,

I been to the Alamo, regularly. I found the basement once.

It is enjoyable if you catch the heat right. Can be unbearable at times.

Good morning again,

Seems we will have a party today for my youngest granddaughter's first birthday.

We are rousing now...

Have a party type day and enjoy...,

Good morning from ATX. Currently 75°F and cloudy. Winds out the south picking up. Today's high expected around 83°F. Rain chances increasing late this afternoon.

CBS news reporting on Brightline rail in FL I really wanted to purchase tickets and ride it 3 months ago, but site billing not working. Massive BS. May try again sometime next year.

Cats collapsed against SC in baseball last night. Ugly. Plan on tuning into 2nd game today.

Wishing y'all another enjoyable Saturday.

0427-NATIONAL-PRIME-RIB-DAY-1024x536.jpg
national-babe-ruth-day-instagram-post-design-template-b87f7ded226e9ebb97d5e66d0974fca4_screen.jpg

Have a good day folks.
My unit was directly involved in the fratricide incident you describe as well as another at PL Bullet during Desert Storm. I refuse to discuss specifics or names. Let me just say some participants remain pissed off to this day. Sickens me to even mention it.

Here's GAO report: https://www.gao.gov/assets/osi-93-4.pdf

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT