ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Y'all know I love ya all like brothers. But the Vols end perfection tomorrow.

who am I kidding? I hope you keep the beatdown under 20...

Reactions: _Rooster
Originally posted by GhostVol:
Y'all know I love ya all like brothers. But the Vols end perfection tomorrow.
laugh.r191677.gif

Got a friend i play old man hoops with who is a UT grad. I will thoroughly enjoy busting his balls for the rest of this week after the epic beat down that shall be bestowed upon those dirty snitches. Cue the "they low down, they some snitches" video...

Watching the Kansas vs. WVU game and a few things have occurred to me...

Kansas really isn't that good...and they are ranked #8.WVU could be a dangerous team in the tourney because of their pressure D...but only if they are hitting 3's.If I were sitting court side and Seth Green's bald ass head were standing in front of me jabbering away I would have to ninja kick him in that bald ass head and tell him to take his "behind the bench" business to the other bench.

This post was edited on 2/16 10:58 PM by Kaizer Sosay

Originally posted by Kaizer Sosay:
Watching the Kansas vs. WVU game and a few things have occurred to me...

Kansas really isn't that good...and they are ranked #8.WVU could be a dangerous team in the tourney because of their pressure D...but only if they are hitting 3's.If I were sitting court side and Seth Green's bald ass head were standing in front of me jabbering away I would have to ninja kick him in that bald ass head and tell him to take his "behind the bench" business to the other bench.

This post was edited on 2/16 10:58 PM by Kaizer Sosay
laugh.r191677.gif

I got my NCAA 1st & 2nd round tickets at the Yum Center in the mail the other day. Lower arena, mid court in section 106 row AA. Complete with hospitality room passes.

This is a good omen, my friends. Had similar tickets back in 2012.

Reactions: awf
Originally posted by UKGrad93:
Bob Huggins is friggin FAT.
laugh.r191677.gif

Yep. He gave up a long time ago. He wears stuff to coach the game in that most people wear at home while watching the game on TV & lounging around on the couch. The word slob comes to mind. Hopeless drunk if you are looking for a two-word description. He does a pretty decent job of coaching 'em up though.

Great play by Staten there at the end for the winning shot. Can't believe Kansas missed that lay-up. Good win for WVU. Given, it was a home game for them and Kansas isn't all that good but I'm telling you man...WVU can be a dangerous team if they are hitting from the arc.

Originally posted by maverick1:
The dichotomy is actually fascinating from a psychological standpoint.
Yep, some call it PTSD too. May not be full blown PTSD but their behavior is trauma-related indeed.

Hell, we couldn't touching starve for WEEKS if we tried, and the only way we wouldn't have electricity is if I simply refused to pull the starter's cord on the generators, and that's IF we lived in a cabin in the middle of 5,000 acres of untamed wilderness. But we don't. We're 1.25 miles from an I-24 exit, 1.5 miles from a big truck stop, 4 miles from a grocery, and 8 miles from a GD WalMart. "OH BUT EVERYTHING WILL BE CLOSED WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO???" No, honey, the rest of the civilized world doesn't shut down because of a little snow like you and your folks. Nothing will close. Nothing.

Now I put up with this irrational panic bullshit for as long as I could, and far longer than I should have, before I finally snapped. JUST WHAT THE TOUCH DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? HOW IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER DAY, EXCEPT IM NOT GOING TO THE OFFICE?? WE NEVER EAT BREAKFAST, WE'LL SNACK FOR LUNCH, AND THEN WE'LL USUALLY END UP EATING A FROZEN PIZZA FOR DINNER -- WHICH WE HAVD IN THE FREEZER -- SO TELL ME HOW THIS IS ANY DIFFERENT.

"Go to hell."

Oh I'm going somewhere alright, I'm going to the store to get you some GD food THAT YOU WONT EAT. Slam goes the master bathroom door. Honey, if you need me I'll be outside shoveling. So off I go to shovel the Explorer out. Except I cant, of course. We got 9" at the house, our drive way is a little over 250 feet long (house is on 4 acres and we wanted it back off the road), and the driveway slopes heavily towards the garage at the end -- ergo, drifts are thigh-high near the vehicles that I neglected to move before the storm hit (yet another mistake).

Still though, I thought that if I shoveled a little I could get the Explorer moving since, you know, it's four-wheel drive and all. Except it's got 187 K miles on it. And the four wheel drive doesn't work. And the tires are nearly bald (more neglect -- hey, it still rides fine, sue me). After nearly three hours of shoveling (YOU BETTER STOP YOURE GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK...JUST STFU FOR ONCE, ID RATHER HAVE A HEART ATTACK THAN LISTEN TO YOUR BITCHING), I had only gotten it up the slope and pointed in the right direction. Only 220 more feet of shoveling to go.

New plan: I'm gonna take the four-wheeler to the store. OMG YOU CANT DO THAT. Watch me. OMG WHAT IF YOU GET STUCK? I WONT BE ABLE TO COME GET YOU AND YOU'LL FREEZE. Honestly, I'd almost PREFER to pull a Jack-in-The-Shining and freeze to death in a snow bank trying to get you some GD FOOD THAT YOU WONT EAT than stay here listening to you bitch about not having anything to eat. OMG WHAT IF YOU GET A TICKET? For what, riding a four wheeler on desolate, snow-packed roads? Hell at this time they hadn't even scraped off the main highways, but even if they had do you really think a cop could catch me? Even if they gave chase, I'd just cut through yards and they couldn't follow, either by car or on foot. Hell in this shit a four wheeler is like a Hummer in the desert (not that Ive ever had a hummer in the desert. Hell I haven't had one anywhere in a long time, but I digress again). But if it'll make you feel better, honey, I'll take the back roads. It'll be a little longer, but BAH GAWD I'll take em if it makes you happy. It's all about your happiness. Well, your happiness and GETTING YOU SOMETHING TO EAT GD IT.

roll.r191677.gif
..Fricken hilarious..my story is kinda the same thing but in NO WAY can I tell it that good..YOU DA MAN MAV!!

back dropped to this song...I like this song better...Funk 49 - Joe Walsh

This post was edited on 2/17 12:55 PM by 55wildcat

This post was edited on 2/17 1:03 PM by 55wildcat

Damn, Mav. Your story is why I stayed in Charleston when I left the Navy. It's just cold here.

Kinda felt like Mad Mav 4 -- Mav Does Antarctica.
FTFY.

Wow, just wow. read every word of that. I was into to that story. Especiallly the part about strapping weapons to your sides. hahahaha

Mav- You have a backyard of potential dessert. Go out there and get some snow and make some snow cream. All ya need is sugar, vanilla extract and some milk.

Hell in this shit a four wheeler is like a Hummer in the desert (not that Ive ever had a hummer in the desert. Hell I haven't had one anywhere in a long time, but I digress again).

laugh.r191677.gif

And
roll.r191677.gif
on the entire MavRant.

I would give anything to see the video of mav in full camo, packing heat & wielding his knife and riding his bald-tired four-wheeler through the snow with six bags of groceries dangling from the handle bars. I picture him shaking his head, mumbling profusely, yelling curse words at nobody in particular, and intermittently shaking his fist in the air (grocery bags and all) all the way home.

In this day and age surely somebody caught that ish on a iphone or tablet. Please, let it be so.

OH man! Part 3 had me like
happy0001.r191677.gif

Part 4 had me all
happy0003.r191677.gif

The picture of this wild man in camo with a glock, a big knife, and 6 f'n grocery bags on his 4wheeler is hilarious. Where did he come from? Was he hunting? Is he at the store because he didn't hunt good and now his wife will be pissed? Is he a fugitive on the run? Nope. His wife just needed some taco supplies, Oreos, and some other things.

My cousin just blew me away (Wildcat fan).

"Hey Tee, in two hours the Cats are going to have recess. Here's MY soundtrack for tonight. (link above). But I gotta say you went old school breaking out PE!"

Recess (Milo and Otis remix)

Mav, sorry if you already said it, but where at in Central MO are your inlaws? I have family that live in Jefferson City and I'm there a couple times a year.

Originally posted by BlueRupp:
Mav, sorry if you already said it, but where at in Central MO are your inlaws? I have family that live in Jefferson City and I'm there a couple times a year.
His inlaws live in Hardin, KY...which is about a 20 minute ride from where mav lives. There-in lies part of the problem. Wise up mav. I live about 4 hours away from my in-laws. Close enough to visit for our kids sake...but plenty of buffer for my sanity's sake.

Originally posted by Kaizer Sosay:
Wise up mav. I live about 4 hours away from my in-laws. Close enough to visit for our kids sake...but plenty of buffer for my sanity's sake.
Brother lemme tell ya, worlds collide on a regular basis around here. I fantasize daily about having an adequate buffer.
Not sure if it was intentional on your part but i immediately thought of George Costanza when i read that.

"Worlds are colliding...ohhhh hoooo hoooo...world's are colliding!!!"

Having a text war with my cousin. He picked the Cats by 25. I'm just happy to be in the game at half!

Man o man I miss Cawood..WTF has happened to just simply calling the game? Who gives a rats ass who is doing comentary behind the bench especially when THE GAME IS BEING PLAYED, then to top it off the comentary is about UNC/Duke game! It's like they gotta find these dipshits SOMETHING to do so they can earn what they get, and the ladies they bring to interview coach? Nice to look at but really ? WTF they think is gonna happen, coach gonna give up the scheme for the second half.. I just wanna hear honest comentary about the game..Screw the 19 thousand commercials we have to see and screw the "trolling the sideline " bullcrap we gotta hear especially if it does not pertain to the game I am watching...thanks for the rant time .....carry on

When I say "four-wheeler" I'm basically speaking in the academic sense. This thing ain't one of the newer 900 cc or more $12,000+ open-air mini-cars. It's a 1994 300 cc Polaris, also with half-bald tires, that we bought from FIL years ago for 500 bucks. Still, for our purposes -- puttering around the yard pulling a trailer picking up branches and moving stuff and such -- it does just fine. I'm kind of wondering, however, how it's going to do on a multi-mile trek over uncleared roads through foot deep snow. After the morning's ongoing bitch/panic fest though, I'm more than willing to find out.

"Wait, let me make a list for you." Of course, a list. How can you go to a grocery without a list? Heaven forbid I actually walked up and down each aisle and get what we need or what looks good. Besides, I've got limited space since I'm only packing a 35 gallon tote on the back rack (I was afraid to haul a little pull-behind cart cause the wheels might get stuck). Hey honey, just spitballin' here, but, ummmm, how bout I just call you when I get there and you can tell me what to get, k? The store is closing in a little over an hour (I called) and I don't know how long its gonna take me to get there in this crap.

OH I REALLY WISH YOU WOULDN'T DO THIS YOU'RE GOING TO FREEZE. No I'm not. YES YOU ARE ONCE YOU GET MOVING THAT WIND IS GOING TO FREEZE YOU. Bullshit, like I've said time and time again, windchill is soooooo over-rated. Besides, what about the "heat index"? I mean clearly there's humidity in the air even in winter -- just look at all this touching frozen humidity on the ground -- so doesn't it cancel out the wind chill? (Of course, even if I had gotten cold I wouldn't have admitted it to her. That just be one more thing for her to crow about in the future. Hell, I'd freeze solid before I ever admitted to being cold.).

I deck out in full camo including full-face camo (because why not?), strapped a gun (10 mm Glock, again, why not?) on one hip and strapped a huge, Rambo-esque survial knife on my other hip just to freak her out even more. And she was. Positively aghast in fact. OMG DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU'LL NEED ALL THAT? Well honey, in a disarmingly calm voice, you just never know, and survival is all about being prepared, so I'd rather be safe than sorry, you understand don't you?

Now, again, we live in a quasi-neighborhood, ie civilization, and I'm only 4 miles from the store. Hell, if i get stuck all I have to do is touching WALK back home to my warm, electrified house. I mean I sure as hell don't intend to find a pig to kill and butcher to eat (I'M NOT EVEN TOUCHING HUNGRY GD IT) or rub two sticks together to make a fire after building a temporary snow hut to hunker down in for the night -- but she doesn't have to know that. For all she knows, I'm making a life and death trek through the GD Andes Mountains like the rugby boys IT'S ABOUT SURVIVAL DAMMIT AND DON'T WORRY HONEY I'M GONNA GET YOU SOME FOOD AND SAVE US FROM STARVATION.

Off I go like some kind of half-assed Waterboy-on-his-lawn-mower (YOU KIN DEW EET) across the frozen tundra at like 5 miles per hour. Much slower than I anticipated. I had walked out to the end of the driveway earlier to check the conditions and watched a Ford 350 diesel with huge tires make the only tracks on it. I could follow in one of his tracks but of course that meant my other wheels were in the middle of deep snow, which made the 4wheeler keep wanting to pull in that direction, which in turn made me have to constantly fight with the steering wheel. Still, that was better than all four wheels in deep snow, so onwards I trudged.

After going through backroads for half the way, I decided touch it, I'm going to the main road. If there's any cops out, and if they actually give a shit, I'll just run from em. I. DON'T. CARE. ABOUT. ANYTHING. AT. THIS. POINT. I finally make it to the store after about 25 min or so, and of course there's like 4 gallons of milk left and two loaves of bread (which I immediately and greedily snatched up), and then I call her.

"We need Pringles, some pudding, Lipton noodle soup, shredded lettuce (cause, you know, you can't have hamburgers without lettuce), Velveeta (cause of course you can't have chili without pimento and cheese), Cheetos puffs (are you touching kidding me? I thought we were in survival mode), taco mix (I STG I am not exaggerating), taco shells (yes honey, you're absolutely right, why I remember watching Jeremiah Johnson survive a whole GD winter fighting off Injuns and sub-zero temps on nothing but crispy tortilla shells), Oreos (yes, you read that right, she wanted Oreos), frozen pizzas (like I said, we already had them but, hey, they're on sale and you HAVE to buy them if they're on sale)" and on and on it went.

Finally I check out, and of course, the 35 gallon tote was overflowing with enough GD junk food to make Michelle Obama petition to put me in prison for spousal abuse -- so I have to carry like 6 bags (three each side) on the touching 4wheeler handlebars. Good freaking gosh. And, also of course, by now it's almost dark and the light on the four wheeler doesn't work and I'm wearing camo so I'm a prime target except there's no other idiots on the road -- AND WHY WOULD THERE BE? -- so off I go back home, bounty and treasure secured, having saved the day from malnutrition. Hell I just took the highway the whole way and didn't see a single car. Kinda felt like Mad Max 4 -- Max Does Antarctica.

Made it home proud of myself -- pseudo-country boy can survive and all that stuff BAH GAWD (yeah, I can survive alright, as long as the local grocery has stuff I can purchase) -- AND, for an extry special bonus...it shut Wifey the touch up and got her off my GD back. The end.

EPILOGUE: So after getting all this food, after we finally now HAVE SOMETHING TO EAT, what happened? Well, turns out she didn't feel good. The stress of the day and all that just took its toll and if I didn't care she was gonna lie down for a bit and fix something to eat later. I ended up having a frozen pizza at midnight -- one that we ALREADY HAD IN THE FREEZER -- and a couple of Mountain Dews. All in all, it was a good day.
roll.r191677.gif
Touching HILARIOUS. Great novel, man. "Fifty Shades of Pissed"

A win is a win...

What a luxory to basically play like dog crap and still win by 18. Haven't seen the stats but i bet UT outrebounded us...which is pretty pathetic. But...I'll take the "W"...and it will absolutely be a thing of beauty when this team is hitting on all cylinders for several games in a row. And my spider senses tell me that will start happening right around the 2nd week of March.

Ghost, sorry for your loss. Puppies scent.

Another 3 inchs of snow last night. I doubt if we have school the rest of the week. More stuff coming Friday and Saturday. So far, the kids have done well. Lots of coats and gloves and boots scattered everywhere. Those kids, gotta love 'em.

Hope everyone is well. Supposed to get down in the minus degrees tonight. Hurry up spring. FCC.

School called off for the rest of the week in Lexington.

Gonna have to get out of this house tomorrow.

So, leave a drip of water running on ALL faucets or just one? Hot, cold or both? A bit worried about the minus 11 tonight, even though the pipes held last winter at -7. Tired of extreme weather in KY. Might have to make that move to GhostVol's neck of the woods sooner than later. Mt. Pleasant is sound rather .... pleasant right about now.

Big W for Cats last night. Win on the road is always good.

One of these days, everyone is going to be clicking and we're going to destroy a team. Guessing it's the first game of the NCAA. Coronation time.

Last day of school is still in May. Let's keep it that way.

Originally posted by funKYcat75:

So, leave a drip of water running on ALL faucets or just one? Hot, cold or both?
Only necessary on faucets that are served from exposed pipes (pipes that are on exterior walls). Cold water is fine because it is still well above freezing temp. Also, open the cabinets under the sink to allow warmer air to circulate where the pipes are.

Originally posted by funKYcat75:
School called off for the rest of the week in Lexington.

Gonna have to get out of this house tomorrow.

So, leave a drip of water running on ALL faucets or just one? Hot, cold or both? A bit worried about the minus 11 tonight, even though the pipes held last winter at -7. Tired of extreme weather in KY. Might have to make that move to GhostVol's neck of the woods sooner than later. Mt. Pleasant is sound rather .... pleasant right about now.

Big W for Cats last night. Win on the road is always good.

One of these days, everyone is going to be clicking and we're going to destroy a team. Guessing it's the first game of the NCAA. Coronation time.

Last day of school is still in May. Let's keep it that way.
54 here right now. Front comes thru tonite, lows in the 20's. Locals are freaking out about tomorrow night, lows in the 10's. Don't care about that...Saturday and Sunday will have us back in the 60's. My sinuses will be in agony. My back will be worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT