ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

"And then, depression set in" Bill Murray. Stripes.

Y-Lw6Q.gif

Last comment before I enter into a restless sleep. UK has a hell of a recruiting class coming in next year. Does anybody think it's going to be any different? This happens every year and the result is the same. Growing pains early, high expectations at mid-season, early tournament exit. Cal CAN'T keep blaming the problems on a young team. That's about all he's ever had.

Cal should probably stay in Pittsburgh, his hometown because he won't be welcomed back in Lexington.

- 2nd longest Final 4 drought since 1942
- longest Elite 8 drought since 1942

They say UK fans have "too high" expectations. Well maybe so BUT, since the last Final 4 in 2015 the Cats have been ranked preseason Top 10, 8 of those 9 years, 6 were Top 5. Only this year's team (and Cal's lowest) was outside at 16. High expectations? Yeah! Why shouldn't we. Results? Squat. Pay the millions and get him out of here. Tired of making excuses. St. Peters? Oakland? Is Jay Wright available?

"And then, depression set in" Bill Murray. Stripes.

Y-Lw6Q.gif

This sucks. We deserve better my friends.

Last comment before I enter into a restless sleep. UK has a hell of a recruiting class coming in next year. Does anybody think it's going to be any different? This happens every year and the result is the same. Growing pains early, high expectations at mid-season, early tournament exit. Cal CAN'T keep blaming the problems on a young team. That's about all he's ever had.
No. Calipari will not change. Many are saying older teams and so did he in the post-game interview. But how do you account for his first 6 seasons or so? His decline seems to have really happened after given the lifetime contract. No need to perform to keep his job. Yes, older players and experience go a long way, but having the best recruits panned out well in the beginning.

Don't hold back D-league if you think I am wrong, fire away. I would like to hear other thoughts on this. It is the only thing that makes sense to me other than perhaps everyone now has the blueprints to beat UK because Calipari does not change especially in game adjustments. Just continues to keep his game plan regardless.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone

Yeah, I couldn't get on here either last night. I "posted" my first thread ever. RR..."We Can't Hide You". No comments, 2K views so I don't know what happened. I think that should be this year's team nickname. lol

I gave Cal 2 seasons after the St. Peter's loss. Those 2 years are over and I'm firmly in the "I'm gone til Cal is gone" camp now. Combine Cal's failure with the change in college basketball has done me in.

Hope to check in here plenty, but we'll see.

I hope everyone has a great day.

No. Calipari will not change. Many are saying older teams and so did he in the post-game interview. But how do you account for his first 6 seasons or so? His decline seems to have really happened after given the lifetime contract. No need to perform to keep his job. Yes, older players and experience go a long way, but having the best recruits panned out well in the beginning.

Don't hold back D-league if you think I am wrong, fire away. I would like to hear other thoughts on this. It is the only thing that makes sense to me other than perhaps everyone now has the blueprints to beat UK because Calipari does not change especially in game adjustments. Just continues to keep his game plan regardless.
You're not wrong. The decline since the contract has been obvious. We'll never know what would have happened during the Covid year but there was turmoil on that team towards the end of the season. Combine that with the worst season and the 2 worst tourney losses.

Next season will be a carbon copy of the past 3. Massive departures, several talented freshmen to go along with a few experienced portal players. A mostly new team that slowly gets better throughout the year but has several head scratching losses. Same outcome in the SEC and NCAA tournaments.

When he first came to UK, I was happy. I only knew him by the reputation the press gave him. He has been\is a great recruiter and that is an important part of coaching. He seems to lack at most other parts of coaching, which is ok if he hired the right assistants AND listened to them. Vince Lombardi said guys who can draw up plays are a dime a dozen (of course that was before bidenomics). When Adolph Rupp made his pitch to the hiring committee at UK, he described his new faster pace of basketball as a way to get the most talented players more and better opportunities to let their talent prevail. Cal doesn't do that well.
No one likes coach K or Bobby Knight, but K told a story about when he first started coaching. K had played the point for Knight at Army. They ran the same set of drills at every practice, so when he started coaching high school ball, he ran the same drills. Later K got a job as an assistant under Knight at IU. K was surprised at the first day of practice when Knight ran different drills. After a week or so, K worked up the nerve to ask about it. Knight said, "Michael, you were no Quinn Buckner.", meaning you must adapt to the situation. I'm afraid that is something Cal still has not learned.

Good post.

If you do the same things the same way over and over and expect different results is the definition of stupid.

Cal needs to consider retirement and let UK get a better coach.

I have not watched the CATS play for the last few years......this is not the game I used to watch.......I decided to tune in last night for the first time this year........the first th I see is some kid hit a 30 foot bank shot......I turned it right back off.......what is it about UK that always makes some kid on the other team a super star? Almost every game some kid goes off on UK.............it used to be back in the day that it was a UK player that took over a game......I thought that maybe that Shepard kid would be the one..........I will get off of my stump now........

I have not watched the CATS play for the last few years......this is not the game I used to watch.......I decided to tune in last night for the first time this year........the first th I see is some kid hit a 30 foot bank shot......I turned it right back off.......what is it about UK that always makes some kid on the other team a super star? Almost every game some kid goes off on UK.............it used to be back in the day that it was a UK player that took over a game......I thought that maybe that Shepard kid would be the one..........I will get off of my stump now........
Because we are KENTUCKY. A Blue Blood, The Gold Standard, the most wins in history, arguably the greatest program of all time.........and we're ripe for the picking.

Because we are KENTUCKY. A Blue Blood, The Gold Standard, the most wins in history, arguably the greatest program of all time.........and we're ripe for the picking.
But now Cal is removing UK from the Blue Blood and Gold Standard ratings. I have never seen such a decline in status since Wooden left UCLA.

Last edited:
Hello all, I cannot stay away from the D-League but will refrain a lot from posting. Just ridiculous what has happened...

Need a TON of no-shows at Rupp if it gets to that point next season... Just criminal what is going on....

I will stop, I will stop.. Take Care all...

Evening D, not going to say anything about the game, everybody knows how everybody else feels!!!! What I do want to say is an extra thank you for all of you VETERANS!!! I saw something happen today, that I have just heard about, PTSD! Mrs. M, me and my best friend a NAVY Vet were walking today and had just passed another friend of ours loading lumber in the back of his truck, the boards were sticking out of his truck about 6'. We made another pass later and noticed the truck parked the boards touching the ground and I am thinking, he's going to drive out from under the boards and let them hit the ground, just about that time he did and before I could tell Rick to get ready for it, they hit the ground. When I turned again I saw him hunkered down, heading for a ditch! All I could do is ask him if he was ok. We've talked alot about this before but this is the first time I've seen it happen. I guess I just want to let you VETERANS know that I am praying for you!!! THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!

Spent the day helping my BIL and MIL pack and move most of their stuff to a storage building. Carrying a lot of stuff (MIL is a hoarder) down some steep stairs. BIL has a bad back so, my wife and my daughter helped out a lot too. Wife and her mother got in a bigger argument than normal and for the first time ever (that I have seen) my wife lost it and told her mother "Screw you, I am trying to help you!" Her mother just blew it off and said, "I will help myself". My wife has been helping and financing a lot of her stuff for years and it seems as if her mother does not appreciate what she does. Sad thing is, we have to finish tomorrow and then they stay with us tomorrow night and start driving to Florida Sunday morning.

Sad part of all of this is that on our way home as we were just about to turn into our driveway my wife noticed a dead grey cat in our ditch. It was her cat which sleeps with her most nights and lays with her on the couch when she sits down to relax. Looks like she had been hit by a car and knocked into the ditch.

Rough day.

What I considered at the time to be a grizzled old marine said, "They say life is a bitch and war is hell, but combat is a real mother f@@ker." Lots of guys had it worse than me, but I have seen it do strange things to people. Survivors guilt is what rides me hard sometimes.
There's nothing that I can do but listen to him, I've heard him break more than once!

What I considered at the time to be a grizzled old marine said, "They say life is a bitch and war is hell, but combat is a real mother f@@ker." Lots of guys had it worse than me, but I have seen it do strange things to people. Survivors guilt is what rides me hard sometimes.
I have a big respect for Vietnam vets because you guys were treated worse than any of our military vets throughout history bar none for doing your job and serving the country. All of my Drill Sergeants were Vietnam Vets (Basic Training August 76-November 76) and were all hardcore and loyal to the USA. All very good men. Most of my commanders and NCO's early in my career were Vietnam vets so, I got to know a lot of them and was proud to work with them.

There's nothing that I can do but listen to him, I've heard him break more than once!
I have never told anyone about it, except on here where you don't actually see the people you are talking to, but when I came home, I drank a lot for years trying to forget things. It was hard to live with it sober. The Lord eventually lightened my load and I am grateful.

I have a big respect for Vietnam vets because you guys were treated worse than any of our military vets throughout history bar none for doing your job and serving the country. All of my Drill Sergeants were Vietnam Vets (Basic Training August 76-November 76) and were all hardcore and loyal to the USA. All very good men. Most of my commanders and NCO's early in my career were Vietnam vets so, I got to know a lot of them and was proud to work with them.
I am from a rural area where most people were pretty patriotic, so I wasn't treated badly. Lucky I guess. I volunteered to go, so I have no right to complain either way.

Good morning from Burbach, Germany. Currently 43°F and cloudy out. Winds expected around 20 mph. Glad I got my jacket.

Heading to Köln (Cologne) later this morning via train. Much drinking expected. One member of our group purchased a "Mini-Grupe" ticket for 4 folks round-trip. Costs 49€ or roughly $53. Great chance to visit city with German friends.

Wishing y'all a great Saturday.

NATIONAL-CHIP-AND-DIP-DAY.jpg

Good morning from Kentucky folks.

Mom was glad to see me yesterday. She has lost so much weight and looks frail but we were able to spend a long time talking. It’s a sad time but glad to be with her.

Rough drive. I was just starting to look for a stop on I-79 near Morgantown because of my still tricky bladder after my recent operation when traffic came to a total stop. A truck had turned over blocking all lanes. We sat there for more than an hour not moving an inch with my bladder torturing me. Then when we could move again I was distracted looking for an exit and drop into a speed trap —70 dropped to 55 for no reason at all —and I got a ticket.

Ah well. Glad to finally make it home. I hope all is well with you folks and the weekend is good.

Good morning from Burbach, Germany. Currently 43°F and cloudy out. Winds expected around 20 mph. Glad I got my jacket.

Heading to Köln (Cologne) later this morning via train. Much drinking expected. One member of our group purchased a "Mini-Grupe" ticket for 4 folks round-trip. Costs 49€ or roughly $53. Great chance to visit city with German friends.

Wishing y'all a great Saturday.
Been in the Cologne Cathedral twice. Beautiful. Once took a tour where you could walk around on its roof.

Aachen is nearby. It's where are the Holy Roman Empire kings were crowned, including Charlamagne. Visited their cathedral to see his throne. Totally white marble. Must have uncomfortable as could be without pillows. Not that impressive, but is like 1300-1400 years old. Aachen was the first German city taken by the Allies from Hitler.

Good morning from Burbach, Germany. Currently 37°F. Heh, received relatively heavy snowfall last night and again this morning. All melted.

Had a blast in Cologne yesterday. The old "Dom" still captivates me. Drank several different Kölsch biers. Unforgettable fellowship.

Must pack here in a few minutes. May dine on pizza and beer tonight.

Flying back tomorrow. Direct flight to Austin. Leave here 6 am local time.

Wishing y'all an awesome day.

432994432_10230429398019340_8621342681811117232_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT