ADVERTISEMENT

CWS Selection Show

Still without a doubt believe the Kentucky has a much better resume than Stanford. I don't think that's questionable at all. However it just makes much more logistical sense to have Stanford as a top 8 seed. That way each conference gets two of the top eight. Plus it makes it much more convenient and easy for the committee to pair up West Coast regionals.

Some good baseball played in the state of Texas

I bet we'll see a LSU vs MSU super. That'll be fun if it happens.

Still without a doubt believe the Kentucky has a much better resume than Stanford. I don't think that's questionable at all. However it just makes much more logistical sense to have Stanford as a top 8 seed. That way each conference gets two of the top eight. Plus it makes it much more convenient and easy for the committee to pair up West Coast regionals.
Stanford won 21 of last 23 and having a coach retiring after 43 years...Pretty sure that trumped CATS resume. That being said, there is NOBODY that scares me!

Stanford won 21 of last 23 and having a coach retiring after 43 years...Pretty sure that trumped CATS resume. That being said, there is NOBODY that scares me!

During that win streak they played just 1 team with an RPI under 50. Granted they swept that team, but to me that win streak isn't that impressive

It didn't hurt ul. even with their weaker schedule.
Well it did hurt them a bit. Dropped from second or third highest national seed to 7th. One could argue that their drop is the reason were paired up. Would be hard to justify pairing #9 UK with #3 Louisville. May have still happened but would have been harder to justify.

Well it did hurt them a bit. Dropped from second or third highest national seed to 7th. One could argue that their drop is the reason were paired up. Would be hard to justify pairing #9 UK with #3 Louisville. May have still happened but would have been harder to justify.

Probably so. i had my blue glasses on when i made that comment.

Chris Burke said on the selection show today that it wasn't fair to pair them! But I guess the only way to have avoided that is for UK to have made a national seed...I have no fears of playing at otis as long as the tickets are controlled by the NCAA instead of the host school. Does anybody know how it works?

Last edited:
I believe Louisville is already selling Super Regional tickets (a bit arrogant and premature) but might as well start purchasing
This is my fear. I think there has to be an allotment for the other team but Im not completely sure.

I just checked on UofLs website. Super tickets are not on sale yet.

So they do get to control ticket sales then?
FWIW, I just got an e-mail from UofL to ACTUALLY BUY tickets to the regional. However I THINK they started a "waiting list" a few weeks back but not an actual "sale". I sat with a friend who closely follows Cardinal baseball at one of the FSU games and he was showing me where his Regional seats were/would be located.

I presume whatever UofL is doing ticket wise is pretty commonplace. Notwithstanding the CWS, baseball attendance is always very home team oriented.

Cats had a great first year under a new staff. If we play again I hope it is in the CWS.

Peace

FWIW, I just got an e-mail from UofL to ACTUALLY BUY tickets to the regional. However I THINK they started a "waiting list" a few weeks back but not an actual "sale". I sat with a friend who closely follows Cardinal baseball at one of the FSU games and he was showing me where his Regional seats were/would be located.

I presume whatever UofL is doing ticket wise is pretty commonplace. Notwithstanding the CWS, baseball attendance is always very home team oriented.

Cats had a great first year under a new staff. If we play again I hope it is in the CWS.

Peace
As crooked as your administration is I wouldn't trust them as far as I could kick them!!!

Peace

Wildcard, good to see ya on the baseball board. If UofL is doing what UK did, then yes, I preordered super regional tickets as a season ticket holder for UK. I also got an email from UofL to purchase regional tickets but nothing was mentioned about the supers.

As it was mentioned, the hosts always have a Home field advantage and that's ok but I think the NCAA requires an allotment for the other team. If UK makes it to the super regional and play in Louisville, I'll have a decision to make if I'll go or not.

Wildcard, good to see ya on the baseball board. If UofL is doing what UK did, then yes, I preordered super regional tickets as a season ticket holder for UK. I also got an email from UofL to purchase regional tickets but nothing was mentioned about the supers.

As it was mentioned, the hosts always have a Home field advantage and that's ok but I think the NCAA requires an allotment for the other team. If UK makes it to the super regional and play in Louisville, I'll have a decision to make if I'll go or not.

agreed, if we make it, i'd be tempted to go and pay top dollar for good tickets, but I hate going to road games at UL with that bunch. Just generally a low-class environment, but I would feel pretty good about our chances in that matchup this year.

Reactions: sluggercatfan

Have friend who has a close relative that works at otis and he is checking with her because we are going!

agreed, if we make it, i'd be tempted to go and pay top dollar for good tickets, but I hate going to road games at UL with that bunch. Just generally a low-class environment, but I would feel pretty good about our chances in that matchup this year.
Absolutely!!

Chris Burke said on the selection show today that it wasn't fair to pair them! But I guess the only way to have avoided that is for UK to have made a national seed...I have no fears of playing at otis as long as the tickets are controlled by the NCAA instead of the host school. Does anybody know how it works?
He said he initially felt that, but then reevaluated his thoughts and found it fair because Louisville was the 7 seed and Kentucky presumably was the 9 seed.

All they would need to do is seed them 1 thru 16, like they do in softball...easy fix, but seemingly hard for the committee to fathom !

On the selection show they brought up 2 interesting facts, the last time the overall # 1 seed won the CWS was 1999, and also that of the last 144 National seeds, only 56 % advanced to Omaha.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
I just bought a couple of grandstand tickets for the weekend and got my hotel reservations. GBB! I guess they have us vs Ohio U. at noon because they don't think it won't be a real interesting TV matchup?

I just bought a couple of grandstand tickets for the weekend and got my hotel reservations. GBB! I guess they have us vs Ohio U. at noon because they don't think it won't be a real interesting TV matchup?
Well it is on ESPNU, so that says they think UK is watch worthy some what. All the other games are on the Watch ESPN app.

On the contrary, most of the other games are not on ESPN / ESPN2 / ESPNU, so the fact that the UK was chosen indicates that either UK is good for ratings or they find the matchup to be interesting.

On the contrary, most of the other games are not on ESPN / ESPN2 / ESPNU, so the fact that the UK was chosen indicates that either UK is good for ratings or they find the matchup to be interesting.

I was thinking more of the starting time. uavel is in the evening and we are at noon, I wouldn't have thought that many people would be watching TV then. I won't be, cause, I'll be there :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT