ADVERTISEMENT

CPAP users?

Yup I mean that’s terrible I just can’t imagine waiting that long - have you talked to your insurance?
I think every 5 years you are eligible to get insurance to chip in on a new one? Surely there’s something out there to facilitate this - resmed machines are good too.
I only had my machine for a year before the recall. I would have to pay out of pocket.

• Wow
Reactions: Girthang
My wife just got a letter, it offered $50 to just stop using it or request a new one.... again.

I got mine replaced last year...... we used the same forms, same company, same insurance at the same time. Go figure.

Total cluster. All about money, I am sure.

Anyone else use a CPAP? I just got mine about a month ago. Took a couple of weeks to get used to having something on my face while I sleep, but now that I have and can wear it all night, I feel like a new man. Even when I only get 7 hrs, I feel like a champ all day.

Crazy that once you start CPAP therapy you realize how horribly you used to sleep. I think my sleep test said that I stopped breathing for 10+ seconds like 65 times per hour. No wonder I felt like crap and was an ahole all day.
It won’t fix “you’re” asshole…

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

• Wow
Reactions: Girthang and lz
I am sure I could but having not met my deductible it would be all out of pocket. 😒
My cousin is a nurse practitioner and I think she says something about supply issues for chips for cpap machine similar to new vehicle computer chips - is that what they are claiming the reason you haven’t gotten a replacement?

Reactions: Girthang
A friend of a friend nearly died during the testing. Woke up surrounded by nurses a doc and a crash cart. "Shortest sleep apnea test ever," they said. They were surprised he hadn't died in his sleep before he got there.

Really important to keep those things clean and change the filters.

Reactions: lz
I'm not sure but it's kind of funny that I checked the status yesterday and they were saying they needed my prescription so hopefully it will arrive soon. I mean it's only been 19 months since I signed up for the replacement.

Keep on em till you get it.

It's been a battle for the guy who needs it to live. Was supposed to get a replacement machine 3 yrs ago and insurance was going to pay for it. Shipments during the shtshow were all over the place and his wasn't in stock. Now he's stuck with the model cpap he has because the order didn't go through in time or something like that.

Every fatass in America is on a cpap.
Less common causes of sleep apnea include enlarged tonsils that block the airway, anatomical features such as a large neck or narrow throat, endocrine disorders (including diabetes and thyroid disease), acid reflux, lung diseases, and heart problems. However, roughly 60–90% of adults with OSA are overweight.

Less common causes of sleep apnea include enlarged tonsils that block the airway, anatomical features such as a large neck or narrow throat, endocrine disorders (including diabetes and thyroid disease), acid reflux, lung diseases, and heart problems. However, roughly 60–90% of adults with OSA are overweight.

There's a "your mom has a deep throat" joke to be made based on that comment, but I'm too mature for jokes like that.

Why exactly did you feel the need to interject yourself into a conversation just for the sake of being a jerk off?

He can't help it. He is one. I dress out at 5'11" and 199. Not too many call me a fat ass but he probably knows. I've been wearing a CPAP since about 2005. Of course he may mean all fat people wear cpaps and he'd still be wrong but he's used to it.

He can't help it. He is one. I dress out at 5'11" and 199. Not too many call me a fat ass but he probably knows. I've been wearing a CPAP since about 2005. Of course he may mean all fat people wear cpaps and he'd still be wrong but he's used to it.
According to my electronic scale you are 28 lbs overweight. I know as I am basically the same dimensions.

According to my electronic scale you are 28 lbs overweight. I know as I am basically the same dimensions.

Oh the BMI CRAP.... I'd be sickly at 171. I wear a 33 inch waist now. Actually my Army waist size and that was in 1984. Pardon me if I laugh at that...😅

Had three different doctors tell me basically the same thing...

Stick with Google... Google and DHHS are not your friends....

Yeah, I'm a fat ass...🙄

Let's see...fat ass or dumb ass.,. Yeah, I'm a fat ass.,

Last edited:
Oh the BMI CRAP.... I'd be sickly at 171. I wear a 33 inch waist now. Actually my Army waist size and that was in 1984. Pardon me if I laugh at that...😅

Had three different doctors tell me basically the same thing...

Stick with Google... Google and DHHS are not your friends....

Yeah, I'm a fat ass...🙄

Let's see...fat ass or dumb ass.,. Yeah, I'm a fat ass.,
Lol... 33 inch waste is pretty good at 199. I was cracking up as it told me my range to be the right weight was 139 to 170. If I weighed 139 I assume I'd be able to dunk as I can still touch rim now, so imagine not having a 60 lb weight strapped to your back. But more likely I'd just look like an AIDS patient.

Lol... 33 inch waste is pretty good at 199. I was cracking up as it told me my range to be the right weight was 139 to 170. If I weighed 139 I assume I'd be able to dunk as I can still touch rim now, so imagine not having a 60 lb weight strapped to your back. But more likely I'd just look like an AIDS patient.

I'd be in the ground two years to get down to 139...

After a 20 month wait my machine arrived yesterday. I also ordered a different mask which also arrived yesterday. I used it last night and I'm not sure that I'm going to like it. The good thing about cpap.com is you have up to 30 days to return it if you don't like it. It's the Resmed Airfit F20.

Quick question for those who also got a replacement devise? Did you send your old machine back in? I watched a video on YouTube where a guy said not to send it in because it's your proof, should health issues arise, that it could be related to the machine.

After a 20 month wait my machine arrived yesterday. I also ordered a different mask which also arrived yesterday. I used it last night and I'm not sure that I'm going to like it. The good thing about cpap.com is you have up to 30 days to return it if you don't like it. It's the Resmed Airfit F20.
Quick question for those who also got a replacement devise? Did you send your old machine back in? I watched a video on YouTube where a guy said not to send it in because it's your proof, should health issues arise, that it could be related to the machine.
Ditch that crap. Get the F30. (NOT the F30i)(F30i is TOO noisy.) you will not be sorry. F30 is an amazing mask...

I have extras I'd almost send you one..

Oh, they only have two sizes. Get the medium. I have a good sized nose. It works very well.

There is another mask that looks similar but it will hurt your nose. This one will not. Just other worldly as far as masks go.

Recently though they replaced the straps with straps that have far less elasticity. A bad move.

Oh, they only have two sizes. Get the medium. I have a good sized nose. It works very well.

There is another mask that looks similar but it will hurt your nose. This one will not. Just other worldly as far as masks go.

Recently though they replaced the straps with straps that have far less elasticity. A bad move.
I'm going to give this one a go for another night or 2 but have a strong feeling it will be going back. Thanks for the recommendation. I will probably give it a shot.

Reactions: BBUK
I'm going to give this one a go for another night or 2 but have a strong feeling it will be going back. Thanks for the recommendation. I will probably give it a shot.

Good luck to you. I rarely recommend items but some are justifiable...

Oh, this one also does not have that external rushing stream of air. You can rollover toward your spouse and it will not bother them a bit.

That's what I or should I say she doesn't like about the Dreamwear. 🤣

That is why I highly recommend the F30 (Make sure it's not the F30i. That mask is horrible.)

The F30 has no external air flow your spouse can feel. My face being six inches from my wife now is no issue. I can turn freely without worry of blasting my wife with a stream of air.😉

No pain, no air blasts and this mask lasts too. I made myself change the last mask. I didn't need to after about a year of nightly usage. I have several extras now. I am thankful.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
Love using the humidity settings as well. That moisture is great for not drying you out. The heated hose is a must have...

That is why I highly recommend the F30 (Make sure it's not the F30i. That mask is horrible.)

The F30 has no external air flow your spouse can feel. My face being six inches from my wife now is no issue. I can turn freely without worry of blasting my wife with a stream of air.😉

No pain, no air blasts and this mask lasts too. I made myself change the last mask. I didn't need to after about a year of nightly usage. I have several extras now. I am thankful.
I got the F30 mask in and have been using it for a week or so. My AHI number is slightly higher than my previous mask but with the mask not blowing air into my wife's face when I roll over toward her is worth the trade off. I was running around 5 and now it's around 6 so not a huge difference.

Thanks for the recommendation. 👍

I got the F30 mask in and have been using it for a week or so. My AHI number is slightly higher than my previous mask but with the mask not blowing air into my wife's face when I roll over toward her is worth the trade off. I was running around 5 and now it's around 6 so not a huge difference.

Thanks for the recommendation. 👍

Glad it seems better for you. I literally loved the mask before they changed the head gear to non-elastic. It was a major detriment to the mask as a whole which I think contributes to your issue.

I tried contacting the company to give some "customer" input but no way to do it that I can find. That mostly rigid harness ruined the mask BUT, it is still better than any I have used and I have tried most all the masks at one point or the other.

My resmed 10 broke so I’m supposed to get an 11 in the next couple months - mask and headgear is same but chamber/tubing/filters are different which sucks b/c I usually have a backup and is trash.

Does anyone use the full nose/mouth mask or the hybrid mask that just covers part of the nose?

My resmed 10 broke so I’m supposed to get an 11 in the next couple months - mask and headgear is same but chamber/tubing/filters are different which sucks b/c I usually have a backup and is trash.

Does anyone use the full nose/mouth mask or the hybrid mask that just covers part of the nose?

Look at this one...

Not on CPAP. Many years ago I took a common sleeping pill and had an episode of sleep paralysis. I couldn't make my lungs draw in air. In a panic I thrashed side to side, and the change in pressure "broke the spell" of the sleeping pill or something, and I was able to breathe again.

Be careful out there with your sleep.

• Sad
Not on CPAP. Many years ago I took a common sleeping pill and had an episode of sleep paralysis. I couldn't make my lungs draw in air. In a panic I thrashed side to side, and the change in pressure "broke the spell" of the sleeping pill or something, and I was able to breathe again.

Be careful out there with your sleep.

Had a SGM friend of mine die in his sleep. 42 years old and in top shape. A week or so before I watched him defeat a semi-pro type in racquetball. He was having marital troubles. He quit using his CPAP a few nights. (This was before I ever wore one.) He died in his sleep. The doctor stated he just stopped breathing...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT