ADVERTISEMENT

CPAP users?

Check cpap.com. They have good prices and if you don't like the mask you have 30 days to get a full refund. You just have to send them your prescription or put your doctors info in and they will contact them.
Ya my problem is I have a local place in town I get my machine and supplies through via insurance so they’d prob get upset if I went online to buy stuff unless I paid out of pocket - are those retail prices before insurance or do they require insurance/doctor authorization before you order?

Ya my problem is I have a local place in town I get my machine and supplies through via insurance so they’d prob get upset if I went online to buy stuff unless I paid out of pocket - are those retail prices before insurance or do they require insurance/doctor authorization before you order?
I think the prices quoted are to purchase out of pocket but they may also bill your insurance. I usually just pay out of pocket since I normally never meet my deductible on any given year. Our local provider is a lot higher on mask and supplies so since I pay out of pocket I go with the cheaper place.

As a side note if you sign up for emails you get a 20% off your first order coupon. They also run some pretty good sales sometimes.

Last edited:
I think the prices quoted are to purchase out of pocket but they may also bill your insurance. I usually just pay out of pocket since I normally never meet my deductible on any given year. Our local provider is a lot higher on mask and supplies so since I pay out of pocket I go with the cheaper place.
Ya I’m going to pay more attention on my next invoice b/c I think that’s probably right - plus it’s always nice to have a spare in case something happens

Ordered the resmed 11 on 1/30 and got it delivered and set-up yesterday - it’s whisper quiet.

The lady at the shop said if you use ozone cleaners to stop b/c they are about to be taking them off the market b/c the cpap machine manufacturers are claiming they are causing damages to the machines.

Reactions: BBUK
Ordered the resmed 11 on 1/30 and got it delivered and set-up yesterday - it’s whisper quiet.

The lady at the shop said if you use ozone cleaners to stop b/c they are about to be taking them off the market b/c the cpap machine manufacturers are claiming they are causing damages to the machines.

Yeah, I never got into that type chemical cleaning junk. Use a clear liquid soap and water. Use RO water in my reservoir. Just try to keep things simple..

Glad it seems to be working well with your machine.

Yeah, I never got into that type chemical cleaning junk. Use a clear liquid soap and water. Use RO water in my reservoir. Just try to keep things simple..

Glad it seems to be working well with your machine.
Thx sir - that’s exactly what they said - soap/water is the best way to clean.

Do the Resmed masks still have cloth material on their exterior? My face actually got red infections from wearing them, company didn’t agree. Anyway, I quickly switched to Dream mask by Phillips, my damned face knew!
BTW, finally got my replacement machine by simply agreeing to “Automatic“ settings, that took long enough!

• Wow
Do the Resmed masks still have cloth material on their exterior? My face actually got red infections from wearing them, company didn’t agree. Anyway, I quickly switched to Dream mask by Phillips, my damned face knew!
BTW, finally got my replacement machine by simply agreeing to “Automatic“ settings, that took long enough!

Cannot tout the F30 mask enough.

Resmed, right?

Yes, note; The F30, not the F30i, that F30i has hoses that go up over your head and all you hear is a rush of air all night at your ears. Just a dumb mask. jmo

Reactions: lz
Man, I got a heck of a surprise today. Been expecting my second replacement machine and kept getting email updates.

I got an email today telling me Good News, your replacement device is on the way and it gave a tracking number. I put the tracking number into the Fedex site and darned if it wasn't already at the front door. Amazing after waiting nearly years...

I will try that puppy tonight! (haven't evened opened the box yet.) Going to shortly...

Reactions: lz and Wesley91581
Man, I got a heck of a surprise today. Been expecting my second replacement machine and kept getting email updates.

I got an email today telling me Good News, your replacement device is on the way and it gave a tracking number. I put the tracking number into the Fedex site and darned if it wasn't already at the front door. Amazing after waiting nearly years...

I will try that puppy tonight! (haven't evened opened the box yet.) Going to shortly...

HA,

An update; Think about this, this one was the dream station. It was about four years old when this recall happened. It's been about or at least two years since this recall. That machine has been sitting in it's case, packed up in my closet.

The package I received was only the motor part. The water reservoir and the electric cable were not sent to me new. That unit I cleaned well when I stored it. It has been sitting for that amount if time. Does anyone actually think the gaskets are still in good repair or the power cable (Power cable maybe but it had four years on it at the recall.)

I have since responded to that company and they answered this morning:

"Good morning,

I am sorry to hear that you received parts that were not up to standard. I am referring this ticket to our remediation department for correction.

Best Regards,

Philips PCMS Patient Interaction Team
Sleep and Respiratory Care
PGF

Philips Respironics
Pittsburg PA 15239
Tel: 800.345.6443"

We shall see....

Dang man I’m sorry to hear - it sounds like Phillips has completely mishandled this recall and resolution.

Dang man I’m sorry to hear - it sounds like Phillips has completely mishandled this recall and resolution.

Thanks,

Don't be too sorry though but I do thank you. I had two machines in this recall. I received my other one a good while ago. It is a Phillips. At the time was their latest model. I have been using it but this latest one was under the recall too. Just irks me as how in the world can anyone think that an old machine sitting unused for two years and at the time was four years old and now is at least six years old, be compatible.. The least they could have done was send me all new gaskets...(I cleaned the machine well when I stored it.)

We shall see...

Figures with target marketing and algorithms but I’ve been seeing ads for micro-cpap - supposed to be same results but less invasive equipment. Anyone looked into or tried it yet?

Wanted to drop a line in this thread as I am anticipating being prescribed a CPAP within the next month.

My snoring has gotten out of control over the last 6 months-1 year. I am struggling to stay awake at work all day every day. And the worst of all, my wife is being affected by it.

Something I should have done months and months ago, I finally went and saw a sleep doctor last week. Got set up for a home sleep study for October 19th. Wish it was sooner, but we will get there.

I need to change my lifestyle and drops some weight. But that isn’t going to be an overnight thing, so the CPAP is definitely the way to go for now.

Just looking forward to getting good sleep again, because this ain’t it. Feel like I am also sleeping worse because I know how badly it is affecting my wife. So I’m sleeping lighter in hopes I can control the snoring and let my wife sleep.

Wanted to drop a line in this thread as I am anticipating being prescribed a CPAP within the next month.

My snoring has gotten out of control over the last 6 months-1 year. I am struggling to stay awake at work all day every day. And the worst of all, my wife is being affected by it.

Something I should have done months and months ago, I finally went and saw a sleep doctor last week. Got set up for a home sleep study for October 19th. Wish it was sooner, but we will get there.

I need to change my lifestyle and drops some weight. But that isn’t going to be an overnight thing, so the CPAP is definitely the way to go for now.

Just looking forward to getting good sleep again, because this ain’t it. Feel like I am also sleeping worse because I know how badly it is affecting my wife. So I’m sleeping lighter in hopes I can control the snoring and let my wife sleep.

Been there done that...good luck. The weight loss and cpap was a game changer. My apnea was mild, but still enough to warrant the changes. Even now if I don't use it, I don't sleep as well if I had it on.

Reactions: DanCat17
Been there done that...good luck. The weight loss and cpap was a game changer. My apnea was mild, but still enough to warrant the changes. Even now if I don't use it, I don't sleep as well if I had it on.
Yeah I lost quite a bit of weight about 10 years ago. Pissed at myself cause I’ve let all of it creep back on in the last 5-6 years. But that’s life I suppose.

Just looking forward to a good nights sleep and not being the reason my wife is not sleeping well.

Reactions: cole854
Yeah I lost quite a bit of weight about 10 years ago. Pissed at myself cause I’ve let all of it creep back on in the last 5-6 years. But that’s life I suppose.

Just looking forward to a good nights sleep and not being the reason my wife is not sleeping well.
Are you able to order your machine after the at home test? Will insurance allow that or do you have to wait?
Typically your pulmonologist will review the at home overnight test then send you to another offsite overnight test.

My machine malfunctioned 6 months ago and it took about a month to get the new one but I’ve used my local shop for many years so they had a loaner that I was able to use for that month.

The shop will probably also schedule an appointment with you to fit you for the equipment - the nasal pillows are the least invasive but if you have stuffy nose it isn’t as effective. I use a hybrid one that I like better than nasal pillows.

It definitely will help if you have apnea - good luck!

If you've never used a mask previously try the The Resmed F30, not the F30i, I have tried many many masks over the years. You will not regret it. Also will not cause a constant breeze that will surely annoy your wife. The F30i sounds like a freight train with the hoses around your head. This mask does not hurt your nose either...

Reactions: DanCat17
If you've never used a mask previously try the The Resmed F30, not the F30i, I have tried many many masks over the years. You will not regret it. Also will not cause a constant breeze that will surely annoy your wife. The F30i sounds like a freight train with the hoses around your head. This mask does not hurt your nose either...
I will second this recommendation. Once you get the tightness adjusted it works with the least fuss.

Reactions: BBUK and DanCat17
Are you able to order your machine after the at home test? Will insurance allow that or do you have to wait?
Typically your pulmonologist will review the at home overnight test then send you to another offsite overnight test.

My machine malfunctioned 6 months ago and it took about a month to get the new one but I’ve used my local shop for many years so they had a loaner that I was able to use for that month.

The shop will probably also schedule an appointment with you to fit you for the equipment - the nasal pillows are the least invasive but if you have stuffy nose it isn’t as effective. I use a hybrid one that I like better than nasal pillows.

It definitely will help if you have apnea - good luck!
Dang, was not aware of this. Tbh I have no idea if I’ll be able to order after the at home test or not. Hope not, but if necessary then will do whatever I need to do.

Absolutely appreciate everyone’s recommendations so far. Planning to try and read through this thread to get as many suggestions as possible. I’m sure it isn’t easy at first having to wear the mask. But already some great info about which ones to go with to help increase comfort.

I had an at home test only and my sleep doc read the results via wifi...pretty genius. He ordered my kit and I went and picked it up, no strings.

I had an at home test only and my sleep doc read the results via wifi...pretty genius. He ordered my kit and I went and picked it up, no strings.
Yup that’s nice my insurance forced me to do the at home overnight then the offsite overnight one after it.

I will second this recommendation. Once you get the tightness adjusted it works with the least fuss.

What really helped me was I had the original version of the mask "head harness". When they originally made it the bands were much more elastic. The last several I received had more rigid bands that don't expand and contract except for the Velcro straps. (I kept the old harness and still use it.) The old harness really keeps the mask where you want it. I tried contacting the manufacturer to let them know this and I could not get contact information for them. A real shame. The mask still works well but the head harness takes the mask as a whole down a notch or two. (It is still the best on the market for my dough.)

I am going to actually create my own head harness and use the provided connections. (It is that big of a difference.) (I've had a CPAP about since I have been posting here. I have tried nearly all the mask types available. (Of course everyone's head is different.) I am 5'11" and teeter right at 200 pounds. I can usually stay under 200 IF it is not a birthday or celebration month where there are a lot of suppers out that are normally buffets... ;)

With the old straps you barely notice the mask once you have the tension set.

Last edited:

Do you have a guest room that one of you can sleep in? Seems like a possible solution until you have the cpap.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Figured I would revive this thread as I finally got my results back from my at home sleep study.

My lowest O2 reading was 66%. I spent 77.6 minutes below 88% and my AHI score was 66. Anything above 30 is considered severe sleep apnea.

These numbers were honestly shocking to me. I have to schedule a in patient sleep study now to figure out what type of machine I need.

I know my issue is my weight. So hearing this is definitely motivation to get my ass back in shape. But in the meantime, I’m looking forward to this CPAP machine giving me my energy back. Can’t believe how tired I have been during the day the last 6 months-1 year.

Figured I would revive this thread as I finally got my results back from my at home sleep study.

My lowest O2 reading was 66%. I spent 77.6 minutes below 88% and my AHI score was 66. Anything above 30 is considered severe sleep apnea.

These numbers were honestly shocking to me. I have to schedule a in patient sleep study now to figure out what type of machine I need.

I know my issue is my weight. So hearing this is definitely motivation to get my ass back in shape. But in the meantime, I’m looking forward to this CPAP machine giving me my energy back. Can’t believe how tired I have been during the day the last 6 months-1 year.

Yeah, that's pretty high. Hope everything settles down.

On a side note, has anyone heard about the Inspire procedure? I'm happy with my CPAP, but I had not heard about this procedure until just recently. Pretty neat.

It’s amazing how little we understand about stuff like this but when we finally decide to get a sleep study it’s wild how some of these numbers are. Kudos to you for doing this and likely better sleep/energy in the future.

Another update to my last update. Anthem has denied my claim for the in lab sleep study that is required to measure the pressure needed to keep my airways open. They claim there are no extenuating circumstances (I.E. I do not have heart disease, I haven’t had a heart attack or stroke, etc.) related to the sleep apnea.

The lady I spoke to will be sending a note to my doctor I guess for her to reach out to Anthem. I will fight this because it is ****ing ridiculous. I should not have to wait to have a heart attack or get heart disease until I can properly treat this shit.

I am so ****ing mad.

Another update to my last update. Anthem has denied my claim for the in lab sleep study that is required to measure the pressure needed to keep my airways open. They claim there are no extenuating circumstances (I.E. I do not have heart disease, I haven’t had a heart attack or stroke, etc.) related to the sleep apnea.

The lady I spoke to will be sending a note to my doctor I guess for her to reach out to Anthem. I will fight this because it is ****ing ridiculous. I should not have to wait to have a heart attack or get heart disease until I can properly treat this shit.

I am so ****ing mad.
Can you see an ENT to see if they can push for one? I saw one for an unrelated matter and he noticed I had enlarged tonsils and was about to order a sleep study asap but told him I was already using cpap.

A heart attack/stroke is usually the result of sleep apnea over a prolonged period - you’re trying to prevent that.

Can you see an ENT to see if they can push for one? I saw one for an unrelated matter and he noticed I had enlarged tonsils and was about to order a sleep study asap but told him I was already using cpap.

A heart attack/stroke is usually the result of sleep apnea over a prolonged period - you’re trying to prevent that.
So I got a call back today and my doctor prescribed me an auto pap. I guess this automatically changes your pressure based or your needs instead of having a machine with a set pressure.

Goulds called me today and are working on paper work that insurances requires. Said I will get a call to set up an appointment with a respiratory therapist after that is done and will go home with a machine that day. So fingers cross this route works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT