ADVERTISEMENT

Cousins swimming in the Cal-Aid

Cousins is forgetting that Cal will retire, and Arkansas fans won’t give a damn about Cousins or any of these Kentucky players that are currently alienating themselves. They will end up not having a college program to truly call home.

Cal is NOT the University of Kentucky!!!

Didn’t your momma tell you not to forget where came from? It holds true here as well.

Geez…he needs to chill. He can’t be that stupid. I have been watching UK basketball since the Joe Hall days. They’ve never had a problem with the lack of national television. For god sakes, Gillespie’s teams were on tv.
This. It doesn’t matter who the coach is, UK has ALWAYS gotten more national TV games than nearly anyone else. Since the day TV was invented. And the reason is very simple: we have by far the largest and most avid CBB fan base. That sure as hell hasn’t changed.

But poor Cuz seems to have been brainwashed into thinking it all began when Cal showed up.

Yeah, I saw that clip a few days ago and this afternoon Marques Teague just said that Cal made Kentucky and he never heard of Kentucky before Cal. My guess with Teague and his lack of success in his 4 years in the NBA Cal paid him. But they can just go down to Arkansas and hang out with Cal we don't need them. Hell now that Cal is gone maybe more of the old time players will start coming back more, because Cal did not exactly throw out the welcome mat for them.

• Sad
Reactions: Fox2monk
Geez…he needs to chill. He can’t be that stupid. I have been watching UK basketball since the Joe Hall days. They’ve never had a problem with the lack of national television. For god sakes, Gillespie’s teams were on tv.
I don't mind him standing up for Cal but the other stuff is just really stupid and makes him come off and ignorant as hell.

A big deal to us? Of course.

A big deal nationally? Not really.

A big deal when right before Cal got here? Absolutely not.

What he’s saying is, we won’t be what we were during Cal’s tenure. And it’s hard to argue that. The grand national spotlight won’t be focused on UK basketball.
Kentucky was a big deal nationally and if you go back and check before ESPN etc, UK got more air time nationally than any other team, the closes rival for TV time would have been UNC with Dean Smith.

These guys won't give a damn about the Arkansas program without Calipari. They don't care about it now just like Kentucky. It was only a pit stop to build their brand and jet off to the league. Their allegiance is to Cal. I can't tell you how good it is to move on from this era. At least John Wall is rational about it.

A big deal to us? Of course.

A big deal nationally? Not really.

A big deal when right before Cal got here? Absolutely not.

What he’s saying is, we won’t be what we were during Cal’s tenure. And it’s hard to argue that. The grand national spotlight won’t be focused on UK basketball.
Get your goofy new account outta here, with your retarded ass username too. Some of you trolls are pathetic and should be taken to the cleaners

Reactions: NociHTTP
Cal created an environment that caused those guys that played for him to think that way. When it’s all about the NBA and Cal had no respect for our programs history. That’s a horrible combination. “Draft nights the greatest night in program history” not taking up for Rupp when Keon wanted Rupps name taken down, etc.

Cousins is literally my favorite Cal player but wtf? This is belligerently out of touch. He's literally talked about how much he loved UK, not Cal, but the fans accepting and embracing who he was. Said it was the first place he ever felt it he could be himself. I know he saw those 7, at the time, banners hanging on the wall of the practice facility. Also Cal tucked tail and bolted after he says he's gonna be back. He tried to lobby for the damn Ohio State job in February. Not to mention the downright awful results the last 5 years. I mean it totally makes sense now why we looked like we wanted to be anywhere but on the court in both tournament losses. I get backing your coach but this is beyond stupidity for Boogie to say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT