ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal/Players Postgame Tennessee Press Conference

I'm sure it will be some bullshit about this place ain't for everyone, be your brother's keeper, blah blah blah. Basically just a bunch of unimportant noise. I'd probably listen if Cal would address his plan to quit getting raw dogged by Barnes constantly.

Juzang played well yet you don’t play him much if at all second half. Hagans hagans hagans

Juzang hit two shots, which is great. Literally everything else he did on the court was bad. Terrible defense. Watched a UT come from behind on Quickley and strip the ball without saying a word. Fumbled the ball multiple times.

Please don’t brag on Hagans again. Just once tell it like it is Cal

Juzang hit two shots, which is great. Literally everything else he did on the court was bad. Terrible defense. Watched a UT come from behind on Quickley and strip the ball without saying a word. Fumbled the ball multiple times.

Cal said he was a +9 but that’s fine ignore you want to pick out two plays and ignore the 20 that Ashton cost us. 20 point swing with hagans on the floor. You want +9 or -20

Cal "Don't make it about us, make it about Tennessee" Not the correct answer.

Like Cal enough to think he deserves to be SEC Coach of Year with this avg group, but that comment is pure BULL****. He needs to own this and when you get $100M to coach Basketball, your friends need to be treated like enemies for the 40 mins on the court. He looks so giddy after games he loses to Barnes. I'd rather he not even show up for games against Tennessee--just let the staff coach that because he's so soft. Last year when UK ran those frauds out of the gym he got mad when fans yelled "Overrated". Why? They were. No SEC Title of any kind. Had their "leaders" tap out of NCAA Tournament games (Schofield literally did against Iowa and Grant Williams gave up fouls in loss to Purdue).

This is the 2nd Worst loss of the year and I think it's worse then Evansville in the aspect his team was ready to play, played better offensively without Hagans (a common theme the last Month) and he decided to ignore reality and let 17 pts piss down his leg. This isn't a UK team with great talent--it's type who is fragile (Hagans pouted entire game, Richards was soft, Quickley traveling on catches...) so you don't speak real with them, they are far more capable of losing out then winning any Championship in April.

I know it’s just coach speak, but I do not like Cal saying it wasn’t about them and that it was all about Tennessee. That part is nothing but bullshit. We made UT look good because we quit once we got a big lead. Even up to that point Fulkerson was destroying Nick and anyone else that tried to guard him. We did not play hard and gave away a game we had no reason to lose. How does the team let an average at best UT team with little to gain come into Rupp on senior night with a lot on the line and just not put forth any effort? That’s what makes me mad. We played like it didn’t matter.

Last edited:
The fans have a right to hear from the head coach after a loss and most definitely the final home game it is a good look to address the crowd who waited after for you. As you can see it clears out fast once an assistant is the one who walks out and not Calipari.

Just a personal preference of mine, not judging anyone who doesn't but as a fan, win or lose no matter who the coaches or players are, I want to hear from the leader of our team/players to get their assessment. "Hear it from the horse's mouth." No stipulations for me, I watch every interview whether it be from Sam Malone/Brian Long to Anthony Davis/Karl-Anthony Towns.

I know Calipari is redundant, everyone know's his sayings and the players are probably given answers to every question they could be asked in any situation in their savvy media training as not to slip up and say the wrong thing. I think they do a good job of it.

Reactions: LifetimeVol
Notice how he isn't condescending after BAD losses.
Yea, those lil digs he takes at UK fans after a win aren’t as cute when he gets his ass handed to him....sure Cal, we have all heard your little media sound bites again and again and again, all season. “You don’t have to make em all, but you can’t miss em all” hahahahaha....whatever. While Whitney started HOW many games and said...”really Cal, watch me”. That condensing stuff gets as old as his regular media schtick...what’s he say about players repeatedly? “I can’t hide you”....well he can’t hide either for real.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat

Agree with this completely.

UK may not be as competitive after Cal leaves but, one thing I won't miss is his complete and utter bullshyt. He rambles on and on saying basically nothing and using the same old worn out clichés over and freakin' over. Just shut up already.
I absolutely cannot listen to him talk. He's a bullshit artist who likes to hear his own voice.

The feigned inflections and drawn out words for emphasis. My teenagers do that shit, man.

The post game presser where the reporter was trying to ask Cal a question and Cal kept cutting him of with condescending tone, Evansville, Evansville,Evansville, then reporter tried to expound on his question, Cal, cut him off again. This why Cal is not liked, almost despised by many in the game. Other coaches, let the stupid reporters ask their questions, then respond. Cal acts like an asshole with these interviews. If he is this way with reporters, I hate to think how he is with the refs, maybe why he has such a short leash with them.

Came up for discussion on the KSR show today much of what is being said in here.

Cal has a big ego, a requirement for the UK job. (See Rupp, Pitino). Take the bad with the good and move on.

100 years from now no one will remember any of this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT